ASIAN CUP SEMI FINALS THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm from Melbourne mate would have loved to see a semi final in Melbourne.

Melbourne didn't bid for the semi finals as it would have clashed with the Australian Open.

Melbourne didn't bid for the semi finals as it would have clashed with the Australian Open.

Diddums. Wow, and we have to wait a whole 12 months for another Open. How long until we host the Asian Cup again? Friggen idiots.
Not having a go at you, rather the gov.

We had a 0-0 draw a last game with UAE I believe? All be it a friendly. We have a healthy squad but our place isn't booked yet, we should beat UAE, but japan should have aswell. Looking for a big game from kruse!

Hopefuly jedinak has got those cobwebs out because we can't afford an opening 15 like against China, UAE started with a bang against japan and you can expect the same for us if we are sloppy defensively.

We need to find ways to get Luongo involved from the start as he is just about the most creative player on the pitch. Hopefully Leckie was just taken off as precaution the other night and is ready to go.

The cup is there for the taking, so let's take it.

They'll attack down the left. Franjic is the weakest link defensively so Kruse and Luongo will need to be switched on and helping out.

The stage is set for us. We've never been in a position to win a big tournament on home soil and this is it. Wont comment any further about having a final in Newy except to say its as bright an idea as it was to have the BBL final in Canberra

Can't figure out why there wasn't a contingency plan in place that meant that any Australian SF had to be played in Sydney. If it was put in there when they made the fixture, surely wouldn't have been difficult to put it into place.

Diddums. Wow, and we have to wait a whole 12 months for another Open. How long until we host the Asian Cup again? Friggen idiots.
Not having a go at you, rather the gov.

There was also an issue with insufficient hotel room space for both the Australian Open and an Asian Cup semi final apparently.

Nonetheless, it should've been the two biggest stadia of the tournament (ANZ and Suncorp) that should've hosted the semi's. Having a semi in Newcastle is a bit of a misfire by the AFC.

There was also an issue with insufficient hotel room space for both the Australian Open and an Asian Cup semi final apparently.

Nonetheless, it should've been the two biggest stadia of the tournament (ANZ and Suncorp) that should've hosted the semi's. Having a semi in Newcastle is a bit of a misfire by the AFC.
Not with that disgrace of a pitch.

Not at all, just thought that people,from those states might like to see some games. I know you will defend the world game just like Foz through and through...
It apparently was also to do with the state governments.... WA and SA chipped in nothing for the initial bidding... so get nothing

Very happy for Newcastle to get such an important match. The fans consistently come out in good numbers in the A-league and I'm sure we'll get a good atmosphere tomorrow night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It apparently was also to do with the state governments.... WA and SA chipped in nothing for the initial bidding... so get nothing
I understand (I think Simon Hill mentioned it) also the AFC stipulated that the games be confined to the eastern seaboard...timezone purposes perhaps?

I understand (I think Simon Hill mentioned it) also the AFC stipulated that the games be confined to the eastern seaboard...timezone purposes perhaps?
Surely Adelaide could have been in... time wise it's half an hour behind Vic/NSW and half an hour in front of QLD (during daylight savings)

Iraq have had plenty of moments going forward but they lack polish in the final third. I'm confident our attack would have scored in that last 10 minutes of the first where South Korea were very sloppy in defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back