Ask a Communist

Remove this Banner Ad

The Coup

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
There are a lot of people here who are critical of Communism based on myth and brainwashing.

As a Communist, I'd like to invite anyone who wishes to criticise Communism or evaluate it to ask some questions about the most important political ideology of our time and I'll do my best to answer from a modern left wing Communist position.

Could be fun. And if you're smart enough you might convince me I'm wrong.

Have at it.

• Banned
How does a communist system account for different skill level/efficiency between workers performing the same task?

Pretty loaded question.

Seems to me (and you are welcome to clarify of course) you're operating under the assumption everyone gets paid equally in a communist system, would that be accurate?

Pretty loaded question.

Seems to me (and you are welcome to clarify of course) you're operating under the assumption everyone gets paid equally in a communist system, would that be accurate?

Probably more under the assumption that those performing the same role would ultimately receive the same wage - more than happy to be corrected.

• Banned
Why do you think any system based on such a fundamentally flawed assumption can ever work?

Which assumption?

Probably more under the assumption that those performing the same role would ultimately receive the same wage - more than happy to be corrected.

That makes it sound like the government is in control of an entire industry and that individual groups of workers wouldn't be competing against each other in the marketplace.

You might (fairly considering the way Communism is portrayed in media and ignored in schools, imo) have the opinion that State Capitalism is the same thing as Communism, but it's not.

It seems to me that the thread title is an oxymoron, if not a begging of the question. I have never found it necessary to ask a communist anything. This has never prevented them from regaling me, in indecipherable jargon, with a tedious mantra based on economics, of all things. Such faux seriousness. Such bores. I have never understood why anyone would have such a low opinion of themselves as to necessitate using a word ending in 'ist' as a self-descriptor. It is indicative of a one-dimensional shallowness, which 'informs' all they 'think'.

In their favour, it must be said that their indefatigable efforts to read the turgid prose of Marx, and then contrive to insert it into every conversation, relevant or not, displays a certain amount of determination. Or is that determinism? As a rule of thumb, never be a follower of one who seeks them.

Last edited:
America has 25% of the worlds dissidents in their gaols , gaols run by private operators. Stalin was able to resettle and rehabilitate million of Germans alot more successfully than America is doing with its domestic enemies.

Now, is this because America don't want to, it makes people money? Is it because Americas political and economic system is a complete failure? Is it because America has no sense of community and is doomed to fail, where as in communism, everyone (who want one) has a purpose, one of the most important things in maintaining order and promoting prosperity in a community.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

America has 25% of the worlds dissidents in their gaols , gaols run by private operators. Stalin was able to resettle and rehabilitate million of Germans alot more successfully than America is doing with its domestic enemies.

Now, is this because America don't want to, it makes people money? Is it because Americas political and economic system is a complete failure? Is it because America has no sense of community and is doomed to fail, where as in communism, everyone (who want one) has a purpose, one of the most important things in maintaining order and promoting prosperity in a community.

Free labour is the cornerstone of US economics. Why else would non violent offenders (like drug dealers) get sent away for 30 years?

Why do you have such slavish commitment to an ideology that has never proven itself possible in reality?

How is my commitment slavish?

And if people only tried things that had been proven to work, we'd all be stupid conservatives at a minimum.

That said, communism works in many ways that you probably don't see or understand.

sorry, I thought this was "ask a communist a question", not "be asked questions by a communist"?

How is my commitment slavish?

And if people only tried things that had been proven to work, we'd all be stupid conservatives at a minimum.

That said, communism works in many ways that you probably don't see or understand.

uh huh. your commitment is "slavish" in the same way all ideologues are slavish- their ideology is the sum total of their opinions, and everything fits in that nice little bubble. whereas adults with reasonable, nuanced opinions appreciate the fact that there are many great ideas in political philosophy and none of them belong to a single ism.

It seems to me that the thread title is an oxymoron, if not a begging of the question. I have never found it necessary to ask a communist anything. This has never prevented them from regaling me, in indecipherable jargon, with a tedious mantra based on economics, of all things. Such faux seriousness. Such bores. I have never understood why anyone would have such a low opinion of themselves as to necessitate using a word ending in 'ist' as a self-descriptor. It is indicative of a one-dimensional shallowness, which 'informs' all they 'think'.

In their favour, it must be said that their indefatigable efforts to read the turgid prose of Marx, and then contrive to insert it into every conversation, relevant or not, displays a certain amount of determination. Or is that determinism? As a rule of thumb, never be a follower of one who seeks them.

Sad that the most intelligent actual question in this thread has completely bypassed my intentions for this thread. All I wanted to do was show how little is actually known about communism in Australia, and you pull this s**t on me.

sorry, I thought this was "ask a communist a question", not "be asked questions by a communist"?

uh huh. your commitment is "slavish" in the same way all ideologues are slavish- their ideology is the sum total of their opinions, and everything fits in that nice little bubble. whereas adults with reasonable, nuanced opinions appreciate the fact that there are many great ideas in political philosophy and none of them belong to a single ism.

LOL what in god's name are you on about.

Ask a question that makes sense and you'll get an answer.

I asked you the question of why your version of communism is different to every body else on this board and you reply with a question. Do better

I can not possibly answer that without you stating what everyone else's version of Communism is. I'll try though.

Do they follow the imaginary demonised version where everyone gets paid the same and the state runs everything and we have to worry about the Stasi etc? If so, mine is different because mine is actual Communism and theirs is bullshit based on propaganda.

There. That's the best I can do on the available information.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back