Ask an IT Professional (web) anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
I've been working in the industry for high on 10 years. I've worked in large companies, small companies, freelancing, self-employed, private, public and top 100 ASX. I've worked primarily as a web developer, but have experience as a software developer, mobile games, team leader and mentor. I've worked on a variety of projects, over 100 websites across many platforms.

If its IT related, I can answer it! Ask away.

why doesn't my program work?

<html>
<head>
<title>Hello World</title>
<body>
test = new Program()
test(sudo apt-get install html)
?>

chunkychicken do you have any industry based certifications and are you experienced in Agile methodology?
None, since they aren't particularly useful for developers, more so for managers, business analysts and project managers. You can do further education outside of TAFE and University if you want to further your knowledge in some areas.

I have experience with Agile. Agile itself is loosely implemented in most organisations without them even knowing it. Companies, organisations, groups or departments that create customer products, or work with their clients extensively in research and conception, will know that 'true agile' is not only impractical, but nigh on impossible. Most organisations will pick and choose what aspects of Agile they want to implement. The only companies that can be truly agile, or projects for that matter, are where the stakeholders are internal; software development houses that work on their own products. There's still an owner with a budget, but the owner is internal to the organisation and it provides flexibility.

Eg. You wouldn't bother going full agile building a Joomla! site, there just isn't any point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back