Multiplat Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Get a full wanted level and sit just outside an owned fort, you'll get a full level man o war and Frigate to fight you, your fort will do most of the damage for you then you can loot the boats.

I love you.

Managed to own all of the easy and medium forts just have the hard ones left what's the best way to beat those?
They aren't too bad. Just have lots of ammo and upgraded.

I have 1 hard fort and 1-2 easy ones and I'm only about 60% through the game.

edit- If you have enemy ships attacking you as well, damage them and board. During this time, your ship won't be attacked and you can use it to repair any damages. Then re-commence attacking the fort.

edit- If you have enemy ships attacking you as well, damage them and board. During this time, your ship won't be attacked and you can use it to repair any damages. Then re-commence attacking the fort.

This.

Although if you venture too far away from the fort and come back, they'll be back at full strength because video games.

The hard forts are no different than the medium forts IMO. The only difficult part is they sometimes have higher level ships in the area that can attack you. Just mortar the fort from afar and then use broadside cannon and heavy shots once in close. You want to stay relatively close so that the fort can't send mortars at you.

Defeated the final legendary ship last night, didn't get the god damn achievement though:mad:

I envy you. I have no idea how anyone can take them out.

Once you get your battle plan worked out they aren't that hard.
Make sure the jackclaw has plenty of upgrades and use the chains to stun them as often as possible and ram the s**t out of them.

Whistling the shanty tunes at work..... I've played way too much AC4 :oops:

Just need to finish off the story and naval contracts and thats the bulk of the game done, rest is just crafting, upgrading ship and fighting the legendaries. Took a while sailing everywhere picking up all the chests and fragments.

The trophy whore in me wants to play MP, anyone played it? is it good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally finished the main story and I loved it. Now to explore and try to fully upgrade the Jackdaw. Anyone who can sink those legendary ships is a freak.

Managed to do 3/4 with a fairly un upgraded Jackdaw.

Cannot do the twin ships so am farming for mats now to upgrade :(

Managed to do 3/4 with a fairly un upgraded Jackdaw.

Cannot do the twin ships so am farming for mats now to upgrade :(
Twin ships are easy mate, just keep going backwards and forwards between them. What you want to do is have them get destroyed at almost the exact same time to avoid the remaining ship's 'rage', so get one down to half health, then the other one down to half, then the first one down to a tiny bit of health, then the other, then finish them both quickly.

The best strategy to use is to mortar from a distance, then chain shot when you can and then ram them. If you're still facing forward towards the ship, repeat it again until you get turned around, then heavy shot it. Rinse and repeat.

Has anyone tried 'farming' money from the 2 legendary ships? Sink one, get the 10k and let the other kill you and do it all over again while keeping the money.
By the time I did the legendary ships I had upwards of 300,000 Reales and had bought everything in the game, including artwork and weapons, so I didn't really need to.

But yes, it works. Probably the quickest way to make money.

What is the easiest way to get cash? I barely have any.
Kenway's Fleet is very profitable but takes time. I made most of my cash through a combination of missions, opening every chest in the game, buried chests, selling rum and sugar, Kenway's Fleet and boarding ships (especially convoys). If you talk to a bartender for 200R there's a chance he'll reveal a convoy. Naval convoys give 2000-5000R and Royal convoys (super rare) 10000R so it's a fair profit margin. Mini games are also profitable if you cheat, but are time consuming. :p

Doing Kenway's fleet while pillaging rum and sugar is the best way imo.

They finally fixed the social sharing stuff, platinum achieved :D

The trophy whore in me wants to play MP, anyone played it? is it good?

Pretty much more of the same as previous versions if you've played any of those, just with a few more modes and a 'game lab' section where you can tweak the parameters of the pre-set modes. Game Lab matches are better fun than I thought actually, pretty addicted to Wanted with no target portrait, whispers off and x3 for hidden kills.

I like it, bit of a grind though if you're only in it for the trophies. There are 5 MP trophies required for the platinum, 3 of them you can get quite quickly but the other 2 require you to reach level 55 and use every ability once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back