Multiplat Assassin's Creed: Unity

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaked AC images:

http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-rev...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

dcbc08cqhxtspmtpiiag.png

ojrxzdlagqakgvwkledr.png

xcruoevhlkasv5krr0sz.png

tiqke0prxcukw3r7v3if.png

ejqhpkhsm7oa7dy5e2fq.png

w85dltilitcpzetoeqvh.png

Edit:

Last edited:

Not enough pirates 3/10
See this is the problem they're going to have.

AC has never been a pirate game and Black Flag wasn't intended to turn the series into a pirate-focused universe. In all likelihood that will be pretty much the end of the naval battles' appearance in the games, and those that jumped on the bandwagon because of these are going to jump right off of it.

If they're going to churn out a game (or two) a year, they have to be able to construct something fresh that adds a new dynamic like the naval battles in order to feel the same success as IV did. I'm not sure 18th century Paris is the right era to set this in. It seems a step backwards for mine.

That said, the "parkour up" and "parkour down" options are intriguing and it'll be interesting to see how the free running is different.

I hope they never use naval stuff again.
I liked it, but at the same time I play it for the free running stuff and overarching story more than anything. There are a lot of people that jumped on just because of the pirates and ships though.

I liked it, but at the same time I play it for the free running stuff and overarching story more than anything. There are a lot of people that jumped on just because of the pirates and ships though.

Running around Paris would be sweet.

Running around Paris would be sweet.
But much the same as running around Italy/Constantinople unless they change the mechanics. :p I just don't think a very architectural city is going to win over those that jump off when the pirates go.

Not that it bothers me as I'll buy both games regardless of where they're set, I just think they need to be careful not to alienate most of their newfound fan base.

But much the same as running around Italy/Constantinople unless they change the mechanics. :p I just don't think a very architectural city is going to win over those that jump off when the pirates go.

Not that it bothers me as I'll buy both games regardless of where they're set, I just think they need to be careful not to alienate most of their newfound fan base.

I don't care about them, I can about 'ME' my enjoyment.

See this is the problem they're going to have.

AC has never been a pirate game and Black Flag wasn't intended to turn the series into a pirate-focused universe. In all likelihood that will be pretty much the end of the naval battles' appearance in the games, and those that jumped on the bandwagon because of these are going to jump right off of it.

If they're going to churn out a game (or two) a year, they have to be able to construct something fresh that adds a new dynamic like the naval battles in order to feel the same success as IV did. I'm not sure 18th century Paris is the right era to set this in. It seems a step backwards for mine.

That said, the "parkour up" and "parkour down" options are intriguing and it'll be interesting to see how the free running is different.

My guess is that we get a Black Flag 2 in some form for holiday 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Dannnnnnnnnn without the huge leap in gameplay that ACIV had, this thing just looks boring. If it's all just walking around, parkour stuff again, then where's the innovation and pushing the genre forward? It was nice to have the cuts in naval combat with ACIV by the odd walking around towns, jumping on stuff, but that was always broken up by the epic naval combat sections that saw a huge chunk of the game.

They really need to do something big to keep the interest.

My guess is that we get a Black Flag 2 in some form for holiday 2015.
They pretty much closed the Haytham story arc so I don't think we'll get a BF2. You're right though, I wouldn't be surprised if we do see the return of the naval stuff down the track.

I agree with Dannnnnnnnnn without the huge leap in gameplay that ACIV had, this thing just looks boring. If it's all just walking around, parkour stuff again, then where's the innovation and pushing the genre forward? It was nice to have the cuts in naval combat with ACIV by the odd walking around towns, jumping on stuff, but that was always broken up by the epic naval combat sections that saw a huge chunk of the game.

I'm not sure I'd call it boring; I'm still a big fan of the series and will play the games no matter what (contrary to most, it's actually the modern day story that's the biggest appeal for me). My issue is just how they're yet to master the story missions. Black Flag worked more than most of its predecessors as it provided a big 'getaway' from the bland and repetitive story missions that have plagued pretty much every iteration of the game. "Getting a bit sick of these missions, I might go sail around and work towards some ship upgrades for a while," was something that went through my head at numerous points - and it made it really enjoyable. I still liked the old games, but my point is simply that if they return to the same formula the old games followed, they REALLY need to sort out the issues with story missions or the game will just be a step back from Black Flag. Without the open sea stuff to pad the game out and give it some variety, Black Flag was a mediocre game that didn't build on many of the weaknesses that the other games suffered from imo.

Last edited:

I think there is a lot of jumping to conclusion happening as well from a few leaked images.

Anyone else think that it's a girl in the images?

Whatever the gameplay I'll pick it up. Glad they look like going back to Europe.

How the **** can you say it looks boring from a few leaked screen shots? Holy s**t.
Not boring, just hope they've got something new in mind and they're not just taking it back to the old style. As I said, that "parkour up/down" option looks intriguing and could well be a part of something new that makes the game great. I prefer the architectural European cities to the islands, just hope they don't take a step back.

What I want:

• Better assassin missions with different ways to finish.
  • More interior.
  • More customisation. Serious lack of it in AC games.
  • Other stuff.

I've always thought that assassin missions would be unbelievable with a Hitman: Absolution level of freedom/strategy. Would take the game from good to great in my opinion. Too often it's:
  1. Climb building.
  2. Kill three guards.
  3. Jump on target and stab him in the neck / take a pot shot from the top of the building with a gun.

I've always thought that assassin missions would be unbelievable with a Hitman: Absolution level of freedom/strategy. Would take the game from good to great in my opinion. Too often it's:
  1. Climb building.
  2. Kill three guards.
  3. Jump on target and stab him in the neck / take a pot shot from the top of the building with a gun.

That would be cool. Combat isn't hard so you can usually kill the target very quickly.

1. Climb building.
  2. Kill three guards.
I think that is something of the next step. The AC series has always taken nods from Hitman, which is why I loved it for so long, but now the mission structure has just become so rote and bland that it's not really worth persisting with. That and the 'follow this guy, but stay x amount of distance away and get yourself stuck in geometry because that's fun right?' needs to go too and really be changed up or cut completely. Mission structure that ditches the 100% sync option and just says 'here's a playground, go do what you want in it' would be fantastic, especially if there can be some sort of elaborate scenario system in there as well.

I would also really, really, really love to see the Romulus Lair's back in some other variance. They are still my favourite part of the AC franchise and they have been sorely missed since they were taken out. Something that really combines all the elements of what makes AC fun, the parkour, platforming and puzzle elements as well as bits and pieces of combat and they just completely ditched them. I still have no idea why they were taken out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back