Opinion Assistant coaches 2015 (and beyond...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Walsh said he'll be overseas on Monday and wants all the assistants locked down by then. Still might tweak the strength and conditioning department.
sounds more focussed on boosting development. I'm expecting someone to head that will be next big announcement- B McCartney could be a leading contended IMO (failed as head coach but highly rated as a development coach)

Walsh mentioned today that there may be another change or addition to the coaching panel announced by Monday. There's been no mention yet as to whether Heath Younie will be continuing as SANFL coach.

Walsh mentioned today that there may be another change or addition to the coaching panel announced by Monday. There's been no mention yet as to whether Heath Younie will be continuing as SANFL coach.
I'm sorta surprised Dasha has hung around given his affiliation with Sando. Don't get me wrong he's more than qualified and more than welcome.... Just half expected him to follow Sando as a show of solidarity. What news of Darren Glass ?

I'm sorta surprised Dasha has hung around given his affiliation with Sando. Don't get me wrong he's more than qualified and more than welcome.... Just half expected him to follow Sando as a show of solidarity. What news of Darren Glass ?

Glass is doing an MBA and aint available..... in 2015

today on MMM Walsh said he's working on getting him in, probably part time for a start.

Walsh reckons he knows him from his Geelong days. So he must be fine with it.

Ok so sounds like things are pretty much set. I'm happy to back Walshy in. No dramatic changes in the coaches box or really on the playing list signals to me he thinks we have the personnel.... We just need to tweak the process

The fact that Milburn and Pods haven't walked and protested Sando's sacking like Thompson, Buckley, Harley etc have is the biggest indicator to me that there was a lot more going on behind closed doors that anyone knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Milburn and Pods haven't walked and protested Sando's sacking like Thompson, Buckley, Harley etc have is the biggest indicator to me that there was a lot more going on behind closed doors that anyone knows.
I had similar thoughts to this. Those 3 would be well advised, and Barrett for that matter, to speak to people other than Sando before making stupid public comments.

Is anyone else uncomfortable with the fact we now have two assistant coaches who played in the most uncompetitive and darkest period in Carlton's history... we getting Fev as a forward coach next?

Is anyone else uncomfortable with the fact we now have two assistant coaches who played in the most uncompetitive and darkest period in Carlton's history... we getting Fev as a forward coach next?

Campo won a flag ??

I get the feeling our football department is still very much a work in progress and won't be complete for at least a year. I think Walsh is prepared to go into this year a little understaffed/resourced whilst he waits for contracts to end. The incumbents have a year to prove why they should remain on staff and that includes Milburn and Campo.

I must say it's quite telling that both Milburn and Podsiadly appear to be staying, since their recruitment was a direct result of Sando. Doesn't say a lot for Sando really and what he was doing with the club. If Sando's sacking was as outrageous as the likes of Bomber Thompson and Tom Harley made out, you'd suspect these guys at least would have followed. Fact is, no one from the club has demanded out as a result.

Overall game style and varying midfield pressure are contributing factors to that of course..

It is certainly difficult to rate his efforts, since our ability to work as a team, especially with regards to team defense, has been so poor. IMO we have the cattle of a top 4 side, but we have had the structures and game plan/team play of a bottom four side. It means consistency is difficult, as when we have even a slightly off day, there's no sound or disciplined structures or systems to fall back on. Good teams, top 4 teams, can have a bad day and still beat a good opponent.

Forging us into an elite, professional, well drilled team again is Walsh's mission.

Really? We went from being one of the best defences to one of the worst under Milburn.
It's hard to judge. One on one we seem to do OK, but weren't we averaging like 6 goals against due to turnovers? Would be interesting to see where those turnovers were coming from, if it's in the midfield then their lack of defensive pressure certainly makes the back 6 jobs much harder. Also when we do those "bomb it in" F50 entries and the ball just slingshots out again.

Watching the West Coast game for example. Back 6 were killed, but WC were getting it out of the middle so quickly because we were letting their outside runners loose that the likes of Talia and Otten didn't really stand a chance.

So what's Teague's background? I know literally nothing about him.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So what's Teague's background? I know literally nothing about him.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Drafted by North in 2000, then went to Carlton in 2004. Won Carlton's B&F that year but went on a downward slide before being delisted after 2007.

Development coach at Carlton from 2007 and also coach of the Bullants taking them to the GF in 09 & 10.
Assisstant at West Coast 2011-2013 with Walsh. Last year was at St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back