Mod. Notice Association Football Feedback

Overall, the Association Football board is...

• Just like Bayern Munich - pure quality across the park

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Not bad, like Man Utd some changes are needed to get back on top (comments below)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Terrible..much like Scumberland's survival chances this season

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Other (see comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of a BigFooty wide initiative, we are seeking feedback from you all about the Association Football (soccer) Board. What works, what doesn't, how we moderators are doing and what we can do to make it better.

Please take a moment to give us your thoughts on anything and everything related to the board. This thread will remain open for seven days and we will respond seven days after its closure. The only moderator intervention will be to remove offensive material.

And the only rider is, please don't target other posters and mods specifically in here. If you have specific concerns about a poster or mod, PM the mods and we'll talk there. We want this to be a constructive, mutually beneficial exercise. If you don't wish to post your views publicly, please feel free to contact any of the board mods (Redalert, Mr_Bojangles, Gibbsy, Jatz, NUFC Tiger) with your feedback.

Have at it!

Blatant trolling (not the friendly banter) needs to go.

The friendly banter is fun and most people take it very well which is a big plus about the board, but when you have knobs saying crap that they don't even believe, that needs to be cut out.

And general consistency, apart from that it's good.

Good board except when you get the inevitable pedantic 3-4 page argument over what a certain poster did or didn't say. Posters on this board sometimes seem to be ridiculously stubborn about tiny things. Not entirely sure how you'd go about policing it but that would be my only gripe.

Yep, reading through 5 pages or so of pure dribble or whatever when all I want to find out was what happened overnight while I was asleep wastes alot of time and could be used for better things.

Other then that, it's a really enjoyable board to discuss a mutual enjoyment.

Yep, reading through 5 pages or so of pure dribble or whatever when all I want to find out was what happened overnight while I was asleep wastes alot of time and could be used for better things.

Other then that, it's a really enjoyable board to discuss a mutual enjoyment.
If they're legitimate arguments it's not so bad. But when it's turned to mud slinging, is when it's stupid.

Probably get banned for saying it, but blatant trolls get far too much leeway, while people who call out trolls are the ones that get it

It's good to see you admit fault.

As everyone will say, the blatant trolling. Separating banter from trolling is tough in this instance as they can be very similar. Some threads however should have neither.

Take the transfer thread, discussion on signings all good but perhaps we don't need anything negative about a club at all, it can be a fine line to banter and trolling. You can separate the two sort of in a match thread though.

I'm certainly guilty of it at times and can also get drawn into a pointless petty argument when it's not necessary in that thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 7 days is up so the thread's been locked, the mod team will have a look at all the comments and will get back to you with a response. Again, thanks to everyone who provided feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back