Association Football Picture/GIF/Video Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A semi?

I remember beating you guys in the quarters one year in an amazing game at Anfield where I think it was Walcott ran the length of the field after a corner and played in Adebayor with only mins remaining. Then while I was crying into my scotch and trying not to watch the replay, they suddenly cut away from the replay and Babel is going down in the box. I scream PENALTY! The rest is history. :)

Cracking game that.

10689544_921841891164161_1227087717576766136_n.jpg

I'll just leave this here..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A semi?

I remember beating you guys in the quarters one year in an amazing game at Anfield where I think it was Walcott ran the length of the field after a corner and played in Adebayor with only mins remaining. Then while I was crying into my scotch and trying not to watch the replay, they suddenly cut away from the replay and Babel is going down in the box. I scream PENALTY! The rest is history. :)

Cracking game that.

Lost to Valencia in QF 2000/1 (Valencia made final)
Lost to Chelsea in QF 2003/4
Lost to Barcelona in Final 2005/6
Lost to Liverpool in QF 2007/8
Lost to United in SF 2008/9 (United winners)
Lost to Barcelona in QF 2009/10

Then the last 4 seasons we've been knocked out by Barcelona (Winners), Milan, Bayern Munich (Winners and Runner up) x 2

Lost to Valencia in QF 2000/1 (Valencia made final)
Lost to Chelsea in QF 2003/4
Lost to Barcelona in Final 2005/6
Lost to Liverpool in QF 2007/8
Lost to United in SF 2008/9 (United winners)
Lost to Barcelona in QF 2009/10

Then the last 4 seasons we've been knocked out by Barcelona (Winners), Milan, Bayern Munich (Winners and Runner up) x 2
I don't know if you're posting this in a positive sense or not but all it says to me is that Arsenal are consistently weak mentally on the big stage when it really matters.

I don't know if you're posting this in a positive sense or not but all it says to me is that Arsenal are consistently weak mentally on the big stage when it really matters.

Only in 2003/4 can it be considered a massive failure.

Most other years we've been beaten by teams vastly better. That's just a simple fact.

ozil out wide is the most baffling decision since 3 at the back in the prem

very, very dumb.

Play player in awkward role ------> Player plays badly ------> Everyone criticises player -------> Player loses confidence ------> Player plays badly

Repeat for every game.

Our new formation is horrible.

Only in 2003/4 can it be considered a massive failure.

Most other years we've been beaten by teams vastly better. That's just a simple fact.
So what? You'd think that maybe in just one of those years Arsenal might be able to muster the courage to play above themselves and beat a couple of teams better than them.

So what? You'd think that maybe in just one of those years Arsenal might be able to muster the courage to play above themselves and beat a couple of teams better than them.

You mean like 2006? :rolleyes: Yeah we've underachieved but the point was we haven't exactly lost to Scrub teams.

Or we could further derail this thread and talk about Chelsea's massive failure in Europe versus spending? no?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back