Association Football Picture/GIF/Video Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

In the long run everyone plays everyone else home and away so all a tough run of games means that there has been/will be an easy run around the corner.
Depends on other competition fixtures as well. Last season at one stage we had Liverpool twice (FA Cup and PL), Manchester United (PL) and Bayern Munich (UCL) all within the space of 11 days, then shortly afterwards Everton (FA Cup), Bayern (UCL) again and Tottenham (PL) within a week. Would have much rather had easier PL fixtures around that intense period so we could rest/rotate players.

Towards the end of the season is the best time for a difficult run fixtures as you are most likely out of other competitions and there is less fixture congestion.

Fixture congestion isnt necessarily a bad thing. Remember last season people were saying Chelseas fixture congestion gave them no chance against Liverpool. And blues (city variety) were gutted when they won through to the champions league semi's because it meant they wouldnt take points of Liverpool.

For me, I'd rather get the tough games (particularly aways) out the way early. But it means very little in the context of a season. I remember in 11/12 I wasnt too worried about Uniteds lead as they had a run of really tough fixtures. They won the lot of them, but then blew it against Wigan and Everton.

That's a lot of tatts...

10426811_872114792847134_1274424497778657040_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things finally quietened down at work and I had a chance to read the Bradford Sunderland match report.

Didn't realise former Sunderland player Jon Stead scored the second goal! :eek:

For those that don't know, he only scored 1 goal in Sunderland colours and took him about 30 odd games to open his account. Some Mackems then went off and made shirts to mock him after he left the club.

1210879063.jpg

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...have-the-last-laugh-over-sunderland-1-7104976

No wonder he loved the goal. :D

25B55B4C00000578-2954552-Stead_puts_his_finger_to_his_lips_while_celebrating_his_goal_aft-m-4_1424024707515.jpg

Chucked this up over on the Toon board yesterday but there were 11,664 fans in attendance for our FA Youth Cup quarter final against Chelsea. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the result but an amazing crowd for a youth game - think I read it would have been the second highest attendance in League One for the past weekend as well as the biggest crowd for a youth game since 1985.

Thinking back to my junior playing days, I can't imagine playing in front of crowds like that! :p

Would have been pretty special for the players.
10257810_817416564996714_2561665107944050703_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back