Association Football Picture/GIF/Video Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

SM just been revealed why Bruce got upset with Poyet in your game. :D
11029518_872616116112978_8638601735015754314_n.jpg

It's s**t like that mute buttons were invented for.

What a ******* load of dribble.

as a barca fan i cringe when i hear ray hudson jizz over messi and co. Happened this morning against Villareal when xavi made an assist for nemyar.. went on about it for a good 2-3 minutes. Just keep it short and simple ffs

Saw it a few days ago but here's a beautiful team goal by the Smoggies (Boro).

Believe Karanka has them playing well so its a shame to see the stadium half empty.

LivelyFickleArkshell.gif

great manager at club with more money than most other clubs beats others.

i mean the numbers are great for the vast majority, but it's hardly surprising is it? especially when you think of some of the dross he's faced in the premier league, in both teams and managers. in fact you could make an argument that there was only probably 1 manager on his level he ever faced, and a handful of teams at chelsea's level.

great manager at club with more money than most other clubs beats others.

i mean the numbers are great for the vast majority, but it's hardly surprising is it? especially when you think of some of the dross he's faced in the premier league, in both teams and managers. in fact you could make an argument that there was only probably 1 manager on his level he ever faced, and a handful of teams at chelsea's level.
I do agree with this somewhat.

Mourinho is great but I think he has honestly underachieved at the big money clubs in Real and Chelsea. Whereas at teams with less money he has excelled, like at Inter and Porto. Strange really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do agree with this somewhat.

Mourinho is great but I think he has honestly underachieved at the big money clubs in Real and Chelsea. Whereas at teams with less money he has excelled, like at Inter and Porto. Strange really.

He's had one underperforming season at Chelsea, last year. But we still finished 4 points(?) off top and made a CL semi.

Saw it a few days ago but here's a beautiful team goal by the Smoggies (Boro).

Believe Karanka has them playing well so its a shame to see the stadium half empty.

LivelyFickleArkshell.gif

They'll fill up if they get promoted.

What is his record each season in charge and what did he win out of interest? I think he has underachieved with the fact he never won a European Cup with Chelsea.

First two seasons he won the league(double in 04-05), Cup double in his third and last season first time around. Pretty sure we made the semi's of the CL in each of those 3 seasons. Nothing underachieving about it.

European cup isn't easy to win, you need things to go your way but unfortunately we didn't. Real Madrid has only one it once in a decade haven't they while spending way more than everyone else.

2005 he won at your place.

Surely you've won at Arsenal in the last few years?

First two seasons he won the league(double in 04-05), Cup double in his third and last season first time around. Pretty sure we made the semi's of the CL in each of those 3 seasons. Nothing underachieving about it.

European cup isn't easy to win, you need things to go your way but unfortunately we didn't. Real Madrid has only one it once in a decade haven't they while spending way more than everyone else.

I think some people often forget this.

Ah I guess, I just feel that Mourinho's failures in Europe in his first stint at Chelsea always made me feel like he didnt get enough out of his time there. He is back now though, although I dont think you can win the European cup this season.

He really underachieved at Real though.

Mourinho has won plenty at Chelsea, wouldn't say he's underachieved at all. Typically has got them late in cup competitions on the occasions he hasn't won them as well. I do think that to be considered a total success he would want to win at least one champions league with Chelsea, maybe more if he stays with them for any length of time.

im hoping my point wasnt that he's underperformed or anything. besides at madrid he hasn't.

it was just that over his run in the premier league he only really has had ferguson as his equal as a manager. in spain he had pep. beyond that i can't really think of anyone at his level that he's come up against in the leagues he's managed.

and porto and inter weren't poor by any means. financially or as a team. he's always been able to get the most out of his players the majority of the time, and it always helps that he's been well backed financially wherever he's gone.

Will be in Boro end of the year, and thought I may go down for a game, least tickets will be easy to get.

Could be a PL side by the end of the year - With a bit of luck, the Gunners will have their away game at when you're over there. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back