Association Football Picture/GIF/Video Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

CEodJBuWoAA57vR.jpg:large

I'm sure he's happy that he stayed with Liverpool for his whole career, but he must just think... what if. He's only human. It's gotta play on his mind a bit.

I'm sure he's happy that he stayed with Liverpool for his whole career, but he must just think... what if. He's only human. It's gotta play on his mind a bit.

Alan Shearer could have won if he chose Manchester United in 1996 -

5 x Premier League titles
1 x Champions League title
2 x FA Cups
1 x League Cup
1 x Intercontinental Cup

What he won at Newcastle -

Nothing.

Alan Shearer could have won if he chose Manchester United in 1996 -

5 x Premier League titles
1 x Champions League title
2 x FA Cups
1 x League Cup
1 x Intercontinental Cup

What he won at Newcastle -

Nothing.

All true sadly Shoei but he still had a successful career for us (IMO) without the silverware to back it up. He broke Jackie Milburn's record to be both our and the Premier League's all time highest goalscorer. Plus he lived the dream of playing for and captaining his boyhood club.

At Man Utd, he might have been a legend (amongst countless others with glittering achievements and accolades to share the incredible period of success they had) but at the Toon, he perhaps secured something more special. He's an icon and an immortal of the club and will forever be revered by the Toon Army - IMO, no one will ever dislodge his place at the top of most beloved players to wear the black and white.

The great man himself has no regrets. :)

"Of course I was tempted to join Manchester United, but I do not regret either decision," he told The Sun.

"I had a magical time at Blackburn, winning the league. And I completed my own dream of playing for my home town club of Newcastle."

"I have memories I will hold forever and a goalscoring record that makes me extremely proud."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back