Astbury

Remove this Banner Ad

Astbury did well and is getting better. His knockers forget he has had not much game day experience yet. What was really pleasing was his attack on the ball, he was not afraid to get in front of cloke in a contest, Also if you were at the game, Astburys fitness has improved as well as he was always side on of cloke and cloke was nakid by the end as he tried to lose Astbury time and time again but Astbury was always by his side.

Astbury did well and is getting better. His knockers forget he has had not much game day experience yet. What was really pleasing was his attack on the ball, he was not afraid to get in front of cloke in a contest, Also if you were at the game, Astburys fitness has improved as well as he was always side on of cloke and cloke was nakid by the end as he tried to lose Astbury time and time again but Astbury was always by his side.

Absolutely spot on because both he, Optimus & Griff have been at the club for a while now and I don't think any of them are over the 30 game mark yet (correct me if I'm wrong). Just very excited when these guys are up around the 100 game mark.... Good times ahead ;)

Yep agree TT ... I posted something similar a few weeks back & said I thought the club was grooming David as the the man to fill Chappy's shoes but bigger stronger type of backline general...Fingers crossed for David (injury wise) :thumbsu:

I dont think Chaplin and Astbury can both play. For 3 tall defenders, you need 2 athletic type. Rance as one, Grimes or Gourdis as the other.

good to finally see some more DAL (dave astbury love) from memory no one has pansted him and gunston, cloke, reid, dixon & daniher have big duck eggs against him and waite & jones have singles. will get the job on big browny this week so hopefully another big scalp for daves collection. :thumbsu:

I dont think Chaplin and Astbury can both play. For 3 tall defenders, you need 2 athletic type. Rance as one, Grimes or Gourdis as the other.

Agree El Tigre , I didn't put that very well, wasn't really thinking about Chappy too...Grimes type player the other ? Not the Goo unless you know something I don't...;)

I'm not a hater, but I've never held my hopes too high about this guy. I think we get caught up with some of our boys performances in 1 or 2 games, instead of examining them over half a season at least. Considering how little footy he's played though, I'm happy not to criticise him too heavily for some short comings.

Thought he was great the other night, so hopefully he can string together some consistency and really become a pillar back there for us.

Chaplin needs to get a rocket as he really does cruise around. when really required he can run hard but chooses not to.

IMO its not about running hard, he just has no lateral movement. Last year he worked well, because he was the "general" of the backline, and we other types that can cover his lack of athleticism. I just put Astbury down as the same. Im not having a knock on either, i just think we cant have both unless theres a special set up required. And i'd prefer Astbury not to be swung forward just to find s spot in the best 22.

IMO its not about running hard, he just has no lateral movement. Last year he worked well, because he was the "general" of the backline, and we other types that can cover his lack of athleticism. I just put Astbury down as the same. Im not having a knock on either, i just think we cant have both unless theres a special set up required. And i'd prefer Astbury not to be swung forward just to find s spot in the best 22.
That's not what I mean, a lot of the time he coasts behind an opponent in a straight line and just trails him in. Or with the ball he just coasts with it. He can run faster than he is showing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before (apologies if it has) but I heard a stat that will knock the Astbury haters on their behinds.

So far this season, in true one on one contests he is yet to be beaten. I think the stat is 23-0

My tip is don't hold your breath waiting for him to be omitted.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before (apologies if it has) but I heard a stat that will knock the Astbury haters on their behinds.

So far this season, in true one on one contests he is yet to be beaten. I think the stat is 23-0

That is freakin incredible !!! Is that some kind of record ? If not I wonder what is the record. Go Dave

What's a "true one on one contest"?

Yeah really impressive D.A.
It's a big test against Jono Brown in a milestone, but he's been super cool so far. Can't see this changing.
If he keeps this up, he adds a zero to his contract.
And maybe wins the Golden Fist.

That is incredible. Well done David Classtbury. Really really pleased with his improvement this year. Probably the biggest positive alongside Griff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back