Asus Gaming Rig-Scorptec.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't mind watercooling my cards. My CPU is, and comfortably sits at 4.6ghz. My EVGA's can be quite loud as they have shroud coolers, and the lack of noise and 5-10c lower temps would be nice. I understand the theory, it's the dismantling and putting back together, and all the plumbing, is a little beyond me. Pity there isn't a place to have it done for you, for a reasonable price of course!

My dream is a totally silent rig. For months I was working up towards buying one of these, but the cost of getting it custom built + shipping to Australia + GST - without even getting to the component stage - forced me to shelve it.

I don't have one...... BUT it is on the wishlist.... right after I build my gaming RIG. :confused:

These monitors have a bit of a story behind them here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1971909
They have had a pixel perfect option available which sold out long ago, and it's a better look to remove the sku from the website rather that just have it listed as out of stock for months on end. From memory they were $30-$40 extra. I'm sure that when they get their shipment through the PP sku will be relisted on the site.

If you don't play shooters then an non-overclockable 2560x1440/1600 IPS panel @60hz may be fine.
Yamakasi Catsleap (try not to laugh, they do have a cult following) here:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=catsleap 2b&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1311.R1&_nkw=yamakasi catleap&_sacat=0

Once I build my rig I'll continue with my 23.5" 1080p Samsung and just check the Overlord site every other week until the stars align.....

Just really drooling at the concept of gaming with 3.6+million glorious pixels, which is ~75% more than 1080HD @2.1ish million pixels and 400% more that the 900k pickels my current xbox churns out at 720HD. Just needs bulk GPU grunt.... Which you have covered!!!
I can OC my monitor to 90mhz, but for gaming i sit it at 80mhz, bot much, but i can see a difference.

My dream is a totally silent rig. For months I was working up towards buying one of these, but the cost of getting it custom built + shipping to Australia + GST - without even getting to the component stage - forced me to shelve it.
nice. What was that going to cost? I have looked around but can't finad anyone that installs WC systems. I have mates who COULD possibly do it, but they don't want to be responsible for any problems, which is fair enough.

What was that going to cost?

The combination of trimmings I was looking at would've cost ~$1500. And that's assuming the cheap shipping (~$200) covered transport to Australia; next step up was $500+. I like quality equipment, but I'm not that rich.

I have looked around but can't finad anyone that installs WC systems. I have mates who COULD possibly do it, but they don't want to be responsible for any problems, which is fair enough.

Was looking around for a cable management service (because I'm hopeless) and found this place. They have watercooling listed under their services, but the page is blank. It's in Melbourne though, so probably no good to you even if they do that type of thing.

http://www.vcore.com.au/categories/Services/

I wouldn't mind watercooling my cards. My CPU is, and comfortably sits at 4.6ghz. My EVGA's can be quite loud as they have shroud coolers, and the lack of noise and 5-10c lower temps would be nice. I understand the theory, it's the dismantling and putting back together, and all the plumbing, is a little beyond me. Pity there isn't a place to have it done for you, for a reasonable price of course!
YouTube.com
Tonnes of guides etc.

There's a business in Brisvegas that does custom builds including water & modding, Singularity Computers. Check out his YouTubes for WC guides...

It's pretty basic stuff. If you can successfully roll on a condom and fill it with fluid then you'll be able to piece together a loop in your rig. Scissors and a set of jewelers screwdrivers are the only tools required along with a bit of patience..

Good thing about your EVGA's is they're more than likely reference design pcb's so finding a waterblock to fit will be much easier... Check here http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/

Once you have waterblocks it just rads, fans (pmw or 5-7v low speed jobs) reservior & pump. Then fittings and hose. Easy.

Should be a piece of piss with a 650D as well. The top is made to accept a 240 rad with the 15mm fan spacing for the mounting holes. With a second thicker 240 in the front after you move the hdd cage back to near the psu.

if your not confident with the plumbing go get the garden hose, find the connector, unscrew the collar, remove the hose, cut 2cm off it, reinsert the hose back into the connector, screw the collar back on. Easy right. :thumbsu:

Holy s**t...

Water cool with 5-7v fans for a sub 12dB rig.

I can OC my monitor to 90mhz, but for gaming i sit it at 80mhz, bot much, but i can see a difference.
Is this using the latest version of MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision?

That's a solid 33-50% gain on a big high res IPS panel from a known brand manufacturer. More appealing than buying Korean off Ebay for a non-guaranteed but a suould be good for 95mhz+ OC

a few leaked articles show the 780 is roughly 30%better than 680 and only about 10% slower than titan and aroung 649. So, prob 800 here with our customary Pacific Inflation. Maybe 6 months from now I might consider if i can get them from OS. Was playing Metro Last Light @70-80 fps 1440p, so need to upgrade just yet.
These specs have proved correct... Just watched some benchmark vids released just now.

Worst case it's within 10% of a Titan at $650US. Alot of games it's within 1-2 frames... :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If pricing rumour is correct regarding no significant increase then I will change to a 4670k haswell on a maximus vi gene z87 with a single gtx 780

listings on pccg:
pccg780_zps45242fe7.jpg

Is this using the latest version of MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision?

That's a solid 33-50% gain on a big high res IPS panel from a known brand manufacturer. More appealing than buying Korean off Ebay for a non-guaranteed but a suould be good for 95mhz+ OC
no, from the NVIDIA control panel>Change resolution>Customize>adjust and test

YouTube.com
Tonnes of guides etc.

There's a business in Brisvegas that does custom builds including water & modding, Singularity Computers. Check out his YouTubes for WC guides...

It's pretty basic stuff. If you can successfully roll on a condom and fill it with fluid then you'll be able to piece together a loop in your rig. Scissors and a set of jewelers screwdrivers are the only tools required along with a bit of patience..

Good thing about your EVGA's is they're more than likely reference design pcb's so finding a waterblock to fit will be much easier... Check here http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/

Once you have waterblocks it just rads, fans (pmw or 5-7v low speed jobs) reservior & pump. Then fittings and hose. Easy.

Should be a piece of piss with a 650D as well. The top is made to accept a 240 rad with the 15mm fan spacing for the mounting holes. With a second thicker 240 in the front after you move the hdd cage back to near the psu.

if your not confident with the plumbing go get the garden hose, find the connector, unscrew the collar, remove the hose, cut 2cm off it, reinsert the hose back into the connector, screw the collar back on. Easy right. :thumbsu:
yeah, the EVGA FTW's are on a 680 pcb so there are plenty of coolers out there. You make it sound so easy, but it really is a bridge too far for me, plus, I'm a lazy sod. I'll keep looking for a Sydney mob to outsource too.

nice upgrade. Watch those Haswell chips, they get a bit toasty..get a WC for it mate.
Haha you're not the only one to suggest water cooling.:p But yeah I am considering it since it took me longer than it should have to swap the parts over, *in CPU cooler is a bitch to put on plus one of the screws is stuck to the cooler which made it fun in the reinstall process.

In terms of temps I am finding it great, atm on idle i am sitting on an average of 24C and when I stress test it I only see a max of ~55C.

Haha you're not the only one to suggest water cooling.:p But yeah I am considering it since it took me longer than it should have to swap the parts over, ****in CPU cooler is a bitch to put on plus one of the screws is stuck to the cooler which made it fun in the reinstall process.

In terms of temps I am finding it great, atm on idle i am sitting on an average of 24C and when I stress test it I only see a max of ~55C.

Never watercool.

The disruption to you life when it leaks (yes when, not if) just isn't worth it.

It's like putting nitrous into your car engine. Yes you'll be faster but one day your engine is going to explode. If you're not a drag racer there's really no need. The equivalent in computer nerd terms is a competition overclocker/benchmarker. Somebody that really strives for the highest scores in the world.

Never watercool.

The disruption to you life when it leaks (yes when, not if) just isn't worth it.

It's like putting nitrous into your car engine. Yes you'll be faster but one day your engine is going to explode. If you're not a drag racer there's really no need. The equivalent in computer nerd terms is a competition overclocker/benchmarker. Somebody that really strives for the highest scores in the world.
I have a WC on my CPU. If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't know it's there. I have i7 3770k@4.6..24/7..no worries. Never watercool..indeed..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back