Asus Gaming Rig-Scorptec.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

buhump..whats doing? Anyone made good on their threats? With the 700 models from NVIDIA, and the middle finger 200(x) series from AMD, I was keen to see we y'all are at?. I looked long and hard at the 780 for a while, but the 670 sli kept money in my pocket. Then AMD released the 280x, and my fingers loosened a little. Intel 4000 models..damn, can't i just enjoy a computer for 6 months? Phew..back catalogue of games keeps me true.

My current fav, Dead Space 3. Yes, it's a port, but, do a little digging, and settings, and it looks like this..

View attachment 34350

yeah..love technology. pS4 can kiss it.
Yeah so far no upgrades for me since my last upgrade this year, though I should look at buying new memory modules as I'm currently using my old G-Skill ripjaws from before the CPU/MB upgrade. ATM I am struggling to find an extra module of the same brand at a good price so I can raise my total from 12GB to 16GB.

Yeah so far no upgrades for me since my last upgrade this year, though I should look at buying new memory modules as I'm currently using my old G-Skill ripjaws from before the CPU/MB upgrade. ATM I am struggling to find an extra module of the same brand at a good price so I can raise my total from 12GB to 16GB.

I assume you've tried Staticice?

i have a single 2560x1440p and the extra vram is needed, sli has nothing to do with the number of monitors.. T 1080p, probably not needed, but 1080p with is sli is still worth it.

I saw you added that little comment in the resolutions i commonly use :D :thumbsu:.

1152 x 720 on my 24" screen resembles 800 x 600 on my old 17" crt monitor (my eye sight sucks so i have to view things in comfort). I keep it on that resolution when in Windows to make it easier on my eyes. I have done 1920 x 1080 in some games (Super Street Fighter IV and NBA 2K12/13 as an example), but i don't do the same with games that have a large surface area (ie: most FPS, RTS games where things like target crosshairs and icons become too tiny to see).

I sometimes connect the computer to a 42" screen when i move it to the kitchen bench while burning dvds/cds and play the occasional game in that area when i am done. 1920 x 1080 looks amazing when using it :D.

I did some quick googling of the 560Ti's sli capabilities, its not bad, getting a second card would be cheaper. But i obviously missed the boat with the 560ti being superseded a few times now. It was already outdated when i purchased it last year lol.

I saw you added that little comment in the resolutions i commonly use :D :thumbsu:.

1152 x 720 on my 24" screen resembles 800 x 600 on my old 17" crt monitor (my eye sight sucks so i have to view things in comfort). I keep it on that resolution when in Windows to make it easier on my eyes. I have done 1920 x 1080 in some games (Super Street Fighter IV and NBA 2K12/13 as an example), but i don't do the same with games that have a large surface area (ie: most FPS, RTS games where things like target crosshairs and icons become too tiny to see).

I sometimes connect the computer to a 42" screen when i move it to the kitchen bench while burning dvds/cds and play the occasional game in that area when i am done. 1920 x 1080 looks amazing when using it :D.

I did some quick googling of the 560Ti's sli capabilities, its not bad, getting a second card would be cheaper. But i obviously missed the boat with the 560ti being superseded a few times now. It was already outdated when i purchased it last year lol.
lol, i use it alot, to the annoyance of many, so I keep doing it:thumbsu:.

I have a mate that has a similar issue, he dumbed it down for games with a bit of detail, but he set up his desk with a stand behind it so he was a little further away than a normal desk top set up, got a 27 inch monitor( 1080p) and hasn't looked back..pardon the pun...and plays happily on 1080p. Gotta say tho, while not for everyone, i love playing at 1440p. At 1440p you don't have to worry about AA too much which means better grunt from your card, and at 27 inches, it fills your view. I had a 120hx screen, and it was a little smoother, but the picture i get from 1440p is brilliant.

Have a brand spanking Asus R9 280X DC2 Top.

Rest of system coming soon. Had to get the GPU early before the BF4 promotion expired!!!

;)
Nice! I have been waiting for 290x non-reference to make their way here and see what price they get, prob around 750. I have still had BF4 issues, thought I had them sorted, but no. Even the latest patch didn't help. Considering it's AMD 'optimized" and a Mantle patch due soon, it's making me consider the 290x. My mate just got a 280X Gigabyte with the Windforce cooler, and it smashes BF4 flawlessly, although apparently it's not GPU issues so much with BF4. AMD have stepped up. That DC2 is a sexy card!

Nice! I have been waiting for 290x non-reference to make their way here and see what price they get, prob around 750. I have still had BF4 issues, thought I had them sorted, but no. Even the latest patch didn't help. Considering it's AMD 'optimized" and a Mantle patch due soon, it's making me consider the 290x. My mate just got a 280X Gigabyte with the Windforce cooler, and it smashes BF4 flawlessly, although apparently it's not GPU issues so much with BF4. AMD have stepped up. That DC2 is a sexy card!

Get a 290 (non X).
$180 cheaper for like 0.5% less performance than 290X.

Interesting to see what Mantle brings to the party....

Yeah that DC2 :hearts: . Almost got an MSI Gaming card till I saw these noise vids at 100% fan speed, bricks were shat. DC2>>>>>>>Flemington Straight>>>>>others....

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-280x-third-party-round-up,3655-6.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back