Asylum seekers and other political discussion (from Reza thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why didn't Bob Brown apologise for standing in front of these vile posters suggesting The Libs were the "Killing party" and that we don't know what really happened on 9/11. More lefty hypocrisy!

5 April 2011
55322-16x9-340x191.jpg

Banners, BDS, and Bob Brown's hypocrisy
319 Comments

Glenn Milne

On July 1 the Greens assume the balance of power in the Senate in their own right, and as each day passes, Bob Brown and the Greens are being treated more and more as a conventional political party – one at the heart of power in the Gillard minority government - rather than a saintly social movement.

The scrutiny will get tougher after a photograph surfaced showing Bob Brown addressing an anti-Iraq war rally framed by a protester wielding a banner promoting an anti-Semitic website which promotes the idea that 9/11 was a Jewish-US plot to harden global opinion against the Arab world.

On his other side is another poster which declares: “Lib-Nats: Coalition of the Killing”. Under normal circumstances, Brown could be forgiven for claiming to be ignorant of these inflammatory signs. Except that these are not normal circumstances. After the heat of ‘Bitchgate’ Brown is open to a charge of rank hypocrisy.

When Tony Abbott recently appeared at a Parliament House anti-carbon tax rally with a placard held behind him describing Julia Gillard as “Bob Brown’s Bitch” – a reference to the fact Brown’s support props up the Labor Government - Brown climbed aboard his high horse. With much fanfare the Greens Leader wrote to the Prime Minister taking it upon himself to apologise on behalf of Green voters for the signage and to demand that the Opposition Leader also apologise.

The League of Rights and Pauline Hanson also attended the anti-carbon tax rally. A fact which Gillard then used to mount a sustained attack on Abbott accusing him of consorting with “racist” and “sexist” as well as “extreme” elements dwelling on the fringes of society.

Well, how else now to describe Brown’s fellow travellers?

Take the whatreallyhappened.com “Thought of the Day” for April 4; "As for the final result of the Messianic revolution it will always be the same... the nations will be converted to Judaism and will obey the law, or else they will be destroyed, and the Jews will be the masters of the world." (G. Batault, Le probleme juif, p. 135; The Secret Powers Behind Revolution, by Vicomte Leon de Poncins, pp. 203204)

Or this: “As the Arab revolutions continue throughout North Africa and the Middle East, Attorney and Author Jeff Gates has explained the Zionist-Mossad war on our consciousness.”

The site also records a “flash mob” in downtown Chicago in the following terms: “The demonstration was organised to mark the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions Global Day of Action, an annual event designed to call attention to the movement to boycott the apartheid policies of Israel. Demonstrators performed an original song called 'BDS', a parody of 'ABC' by the Jackson Five.”

“BDS” is precisely the movement NSW Green senator elect Lee Rhiannon has publicly backed in comments to the New Matilda website in the wake of the anti-Israeli controversy that helped sink the Greens candidate in Marrickville, Fiona Byrne.

And then there’s this virulent doozy on the “whatreallyhappened” website:

One of the main objectives… World Zionism wanted to achieve from 9/11 was to convince the American people that the enemies of Israel, namely the Arabs & Islamic nations, are also the enemies of the United States and that Israel and the US have essentially the same interests. The purpose was of course to convince Americans to go to war against the Muslims who were to be blamed for the attack and scapegoated for this Jewish crime. This would benefit Israel a great deal, as well as the international Jewish bankers who thrive off of wars and conflicts. This is how the parasite moves the host in the direction it wants, a direction which provides the parasite with none of the work and none of the risk, but all of the benefit. You can see this Jewish agenda being played out clearly in the mainstream media broadcasts on the very day of 9/11 and in the weeks that followed.

Oh yes, And there’s also the absurd claim that Israel has provided Moamar Gaddafi with “50,000 mercenaries”. Bizarrely these racist conspiratorial rants are interspersed with ads for herbal teas and, tonics, and would you believe it, solar panels! Apparently these along with truly vicious views of Israel and Jews are standard fare for Greens supporters.

Choice company for Bob Brown to be keeping on a public platform. But that’s the problem when your own party embraces extreme anti-Israel policies.

Now, Coalition Senate Leader, Eric Abetz has written to Brown, demanding he apologise in the same way he demanded Abbott do.

Here’s something of what he wrote to Brown:

Dear Senator Brown,

Recently my attention was drawn to your letter, in which you apologised to Prime Minister Gillard – “on behalf of the many people of Australia who think differently” - for the wording on some banners at the recent No Carbon Tax rally - and in which you also said you hoped Mr Abbott apologised.

In following this issue my attention has also been drawn to footage of you speaking at a 2003 anti-war rally, in which you stood, in almost the same spot as Mr Abbott, in front of banners, which said:

• Libs/Nats – Coalition of the Killing
  • Why? – whatreallyhappened.com
This latter banner promotes a particularly repugnant, conspiracist, anti-Semitic website – which argues that the September 11 terrorist attacks were a US-Israeli conspiracy. Moreover, the banner clearly suggests that the reason for the invasion of Iraq can be found at this website.

The subject headings on this website give you the drift – US Government Treason, Fake Terror, Lie of the Century, Waco, JFK, Killing Jesus’ Family.

But not even this can distract from whatreallyhappened.com’s vile anti-Semitism, categorised under such headings as Israel’s whores in Congress.

My concern about your apparent association with these sorts of vile and loopy ideas has only increased since your statement and vote against a motion in the Senate on Wednesday which acknowledged that Israel is a legitimate and democratic state and a good friend of Australia and denounced the boycott of Israel by Marrickville Council and which condemned any expansion of it.

In this connection I note an aap report today that, at a media conference in Sydney’s Inner West today, the NSW Greens have denied the Greens support a boycott of Israeli products (beyond that adopted by Marrickville Council).

This is totally implausible given your position, and that of senator-elect Lee Rhiannon, who at the NSW Greens’ state conference in December 2010 pushed through a proposal for Australians and the Australian Government to:

“Boycott Israeli goods, trading and military arrangements, and sporting, cultural and academic events as a contribution to the struggle to end Israel’s occupation and colonisation of Palestinian territory, the siege of Gaza and imprisonment of 1.5 million people and Israel’s institution of a system of apartheid.”

In conclusion - notwithstanding the effluxion of time – it would be hypocritical of you not to apologise and publicly disassociate yourself from this appalling banner and also from the NSW Greens’ “wacko” attempts to impose boycotts against Israel.

Yours sincerely,

Eric Abetz.

Abetz is following through too. When Parliament resumes he plans to again put to the Senate the motion condemning the Greens Marrickville Council for embracing a boycott of Israel. It will be identical to the one referred to in his letter; put to the Upper House by Liberal Senator Mitch Fifield on March 23 at the height of the NSW election campaign.

Then Brown insisted that the Green’s opposition to the motion be explicitly recorded in the Hansard record.

It will be interesting to see how he responds this time around. An apology for his hypocrisy concerning Abbott and his association with explicitly anti-Semitic groups and a reversal of his opposition to the condemnation of the Marrickville Greens extreme position would be appropriate.

Glenn Milne has been covering Canberra politics for more than two decades.
So you totally ignore the points I made showing up your inaccuracies and went on a self indulgent rant about Bob Brown, who I don't believe is a member of the Labor Party!

You can't refute FACTS based upon the person who presents them That is insane. Prove the facts wrong. I may hate a person but if they tell me Monday is a day of the week, I can't dismiss their statement. :rolleyes:

The list of demands is shrinking by the day. Anything to say about the wealth of information I have provided? I would suggest that a logical deduction to be made from the fact that Gillard was dumped by her own party in favour of another dumped hack was that they thought she was a disaster about to lead them to electoral annihilation. Perhaps you think it was because they hated red heads or they are all closet misogynists-even the women. Care to provide a reason? I provided proof of Carr's claims. Any comment? I gave you countless examples of the vicious abuse meted out to conservative male politicians-far worse than anything Gillard endured. Any comments?

Hilarious-you have the nerve to provide a link from the rabidly pro left ABC as a source and deride my use of Bolt. That's funny.
*yawn despite the LNP governments two inquiries that found no ABC bias. The link I provided steps out logically the two different data sets (MYEFO and PEFO) that were deliberately used to mislead. read the link and use some logic rather than swallowing the MSM garbage you are being fed.

As for Bolt, he has a history of misleading. Look at his reporting of climate science and the balance he has there.

As for Carr you mentioned politicians plural and have been unable to come up with another name of anyone calling her a disaster (something Carr didn't either) nor have you found pictures of Labor politicians standing in front of NAZI pictures like you promised.
It was quite embarrassing reading your long winded, self important post on Brown as it was totally irrelevant from what we were discussing.

I'm no Labor lover, but the abuse levelled at Gillard was the worst I've experienced (even greater than Gough copped from Murdoch leading up to and subsequent to the dismissal). Abbott was given a free run by the press leading up to the election and still is (FFS have you read any of Mark Kenny's slavish adulation of Tones in the Fairfax press).
Former Liberal and now extremely entertaining blogger Andrew Elder is all over the pathetic media's "political reporting" (jmac70 and Old Spice might like this)
http://andrewelder.blogspot.com.au

Please provide a link to the Facebook page demanding the assassination of Gillard.
kill11d_thumb.png

Please provide me with banners depicting Gillard being hanged.
Please provide me with pics of Tshirts worn in public and promoted by Fairfax saying F..k Gillard.
Please provide with with footage of a woman wearing a Gillard mask doing a strip tease and performing sexual acts at a Liberal function.
Please provide me with footage of a maniac following Gillard down a street screaming manic abuse which never caused a ripple in our media.

When Howard was PM, Lindsay McDougall, of the band Frenzal Rhomb, got musicians to contribute to Rock Against Howard, a CD that included tracks such as John Howard is a Filthy **** and Gun Him Down.

H-Block 101 sung this advice on handling such politicians:

F...ing c..., here’s a stunt.
Kick him ‘til he’s dead.

Now guess who endorsed this muck?

Answer: Labor’s national president and a former premier, Carmen Lawrence, sent McDougall a warm note, declaring “It’s time to put an end to (Howard’s) regime of fear.” Greens leader Bob Brown also blessed the project, telling these barbarians how “mean, nasty and repressive” Howard was instead.

Even Peter Garrett, now Education Minister, said the CD was a “good idea”.

Abbott hadn’t even been sworn in before a new Facebook site - “Tony Abbott - Worst PM in Australian History” - savaged him as “a misogynist, sexist, homophobic pr---, a bully, a racist, a liar ...”. It has 170,000 “likes"…

The ABC’s Q & A website left up a tweet about performing a sexual act on Abbott and The Drum vilified him as a religious bigot who denied evolution and wanted to “score points against the ‘feminazis’ and ‘NTTAWWTs’ “.

Meanwhile, Catherine Deveny, a Guardian writer, boasted on Twitter how her teenage son hated Abbott, and published a photograph of his profanity-strewed poster.

And there’s the inevitable Leftist extremist, hounding Abbott in the streets shouting violent abuse:

Had these things been done to Julia Gillard, would we have heard the end of it?

Gillard has copped nothing like this kind of vicious abuse. The double standards in our society are quite disgusting. Male politicians are expected to cop whatever comes their way-females whine and complain the moment things get nasty. They seem to claim they want equality except when it entails difficulties. Then they play the victim -our former Police Commissioner Nixon did the same thing.

Last edited:

*yawn despite the LNP governments two inquiries that found no ABC bias. The link I provided steps out logically the two different data sets (MYEFO and PEFO) that were deliberately used to mislead. read the link and use some logic rather than swallowing the MSM garbage you are being fed.

As for Bolt, he has a history of misleading. Look at his reporting of climate science and the balance he has there.

As for Carr you mentioned politicians plural and have been unable to come up with another name of anyone calling her a disaster (something Carr didn't either) nor have you found pictures of Labor politicians standing in front of NAZI pictures like you promised.
It was quite embarrassing reading your long winded, self important post on Brown as it was totally irrelevant from what we were discussing.

Brown was simply an ally and bedfellow deeply wedded to Gillard. They stood side by side and both found the Ditch the Bitch placards incredibly offensive. You did too. Apparently calling someone a killer/murderer is okay. He clearly endorsed this message by standing in front of it. Gillard endorsed it by failing to condemn it. He knew it was there. He also believes the Jews brought down the twin towers. The sign was right behind him and we know who held it up.

Your comments on the ABC are simply disingenuous. I don't care if the Pope told me there was no bias at the ABC. It is rabidly left wing. It is stacked with left wing hosts /comperes and guests and only a liar or fool would deny this fact. You can throw one hundred inquiries at me. You know the truth and so do I.

Bolt had the balls to stand against the climate change hysteria when no one else did. He was ridiculed and mocked. Who is laughing now? The rain was never to fall again. The seas were going to rise and drown us. The snow was going to melt. I don't need a scientist to know when I see rain pissing down and flooding the countryside after an climate change expert has told me it will never rain again. :rolleyes:

I was glad to see you read my long winded piece on Brown. Do you condemn him for standing in front of those placards?

Brown was simply an ally and bedfellow deeply wedded to Gillard. They stood side by side and both found the Ditch the Bitch placards incredibly offensive. You did too. Apparently calling someone a killer/murderer is okay. He clearly endorsed this message by standing in front of it. Gillard endorsed it by failing to condemn it. He knew it was there. He also believes the Jews brought down the twin towers. The sign was right behind him and we know who held it up.

Your comments on the ABC are simply disingenuous. I don't care if the Pope told me there was no bias at the ABC. It is rabidly left wing. It is stacked with left wing hosts /comperes and guests and only a liar or fool would deny this fact. You can throw one hundred inquiries at me. You know the truth and so do I.

Bolt had the balls to stand against the climate change hysteria when no one else did. He was ridiculed and mocked. Who is laughing now? The rain was never to fall again. The seas were going to rise and drown us. The snow was going to melt. I don't need a scientist to know when I see rain pissing down and flooding the countryside after an climate change expert has told me it will never rain again. :rolleyes:

I was glad to see you read my long winded piece on Brown. Do you condemn him for standing in front of those placards?
So you still don't take ownership for the mistruths you wrote!

FFS AS for climate change- can you quote me the paper where those doomsday scenarios were published!

Fact is 13 of the last 14 years are the warmest since modern records were taken and each decade has got progressively warmer. I challenge you to find just 1 scientific organisation in the world that agrees with Bolt's wildly innacurate views on AGW.

You can bow to the facts and say you got it wrong. You could respond in a logical, coherent manner to the many points I have raised. I provided reasons for my belief and the belief of many others that she was a disaster. Were any of them false?

Any way-Go Pies!
Side by Side:)

Please provide a link to the Facebook page demanding the assassination of Gillard.
kill11d_thumb.png

Please provide me with banners depicting Gillard being hanged.
Please provide me with pics of Tshirts worn in public and promoted by Fairfax saying F..k Gillard.
Please provide with with footage of a woman wearing a Gillard mask doing a strip tease and performing sexual acts at a Liberal function.
Please provide me with footage of a maniac following Gillard down a street screaming manic abuse which never caused a ripple in our media.

When Howard was PM, Lindsay McDougall, of the band Frenzal Rhomb, got musicians to contribute to Rock Against Howard, a CD that included tracks such as John Howard is a Filthy **** and Gun Him Down.

H-Block 101 sung this advice on handling such politicians:

F...ing c..., here’s a stunt.
Kick him ‘til he’s dead.

Now guess who endorsed this muck?

Answer: Labor’s national president and a former premier, Carmen Lawrence, sent McDougall a warm note, declaring “It’s time to put an end to (Howard’s) regime of fear.” Greens leader Bob Brown also blessed the project, telling these barbarians how “mean, nasty and repressive” Howard was instead.

Even Peter Garrett, now Education Minister, said the CD was a “good idea”.

Abbott hadn’t even been sworn in before a new Facebook site - “Tony Abbott - Worst PM in Australian History” - savaged him as “a misogynist, sexist, homophobic pr---, a bully, a racist, a liar ...”. It has 170,000 “likes"…

The ABC’s Q & A website left up a tweet about performing a sexual act on Abbott and The Drum vilified him as a religious bigot who denied evolution and wanted to “score points against the ‘feminazis’ and ‘NTTAWWTs’ “.

Meanwhile, Catherine Deveny, a Guardian writer, boasted on Twitter how her teenage son hated Abbott, and published a photograph of his profanity-strewed poster.

And there’s the inevitable Leftist extremist, hounding Abbott in the streets shouting violent abuse:

Had these things been done to Julia Gillard, would we have heard the end of it?

Gillard has copped nothing like this kind of vicious abuse. The double standards in our society are quite disgusting. Male politicians are expected to cop whatever comes their way-females whine and complain the moment things get nasty. They seem to claim they want equality except when it entails difficulties. Then they play the victim -our former Police Commissioner Nixon did the same thing.

Not one example coming from the mainstream media. Continue ranting (You've never voted Labour)

So you still don't take ownership for the mistruths you wrote!

FFS AS for climate change- can you quote me the paper where those doomsday scenarios were published!

Fact is 13 of the last 14 years are the warmest since modern records were taken and each decade has got progressively warmer. I challenge you to find just 1 scientific organisation in the world that agrees with Bolt's wildly innacurate views on AGW.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...t-defects-no-longer-believes-in-the-consensus

Andrew Bolt probably bribed them!:rolleyes:

http://globalfreeze.wordpress.com/tag/tim-flannery-failed-predictions/

See above- some official DUD predictions from Australia's Climate Change Commissioner-a very official position. Embarrassingly inaccurate! Yet when he made them everyone jumped on board-except for that idiot Bolt. Sigh.

Last edited:
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...t-defects-no-longer-believes-in-the-consensus

Andrew Bolt probably bribed them!:rolleyes:

http://globalfreeze.wordpress.com/tag/tim-flannery-failed-predictions/

See above- some official DUD predictions from Australia's Climate Change Commissioner-a very official position. Embarrassingly inaccurate! Yet when he made them everyone jumped on board-except for that idiot Bolt. Sigh.

Tim Flannery isn't a published climate scientist and Bengsston is a discredited fool http://www.theguardian.com/environm...rdoch-media-hypes-lone-climate-denial-big-oil . You might start by trying to find 1 scientific org in the world that agrees with Bolt!

A you really suggesting the world isn't warming? FFS 13 of the 14 warmest years since modern records have been taken (150 years) have been since 2000! Each decade since the 50's have been progressively warmer and you'll find there isn't a scientific org on the planet that disagrees with AGW theory!

You need to start reading actual science rather than nutbag blogs!

Climate change denialists make me laugh, or they would if they weren't supporting those troglodytes in positions of power that are holding the planet back from effective synchronised action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tim Flannery isn't a published climate scientist and Bengsston is a discredited fool http://www.theguardian.com/environm...rdoch-media-hypes-lone-climate-denial-big-oil . You might start by trying to find 1 scientific org in the world that agrees with Bolt!

A you really suggesting the world isn't warming? FFS 13 of the 14 warmest years since modern records have been taken (150 years) have been since 2000! Each decade since the 50's have been progressively warmer and you'll find there isn't a scientific org on the planet that disagrees with AGW theory!

You need to start reading actual science rather than nutbag blogs!

The question is not whether the planet is warming-it has cooled and warmed throughout its history. The question is how much of the warming is caused by man.
Can you explain why the predictions by the Climate change commissioner are regarded as irrelevant? If the man has no credibility why did he get appointed to the position? Why have scientists who were firmly in the global warming camp debunked and become more sceptical? It is the certainty of believers like you which disturbs me. There have been a number of incidents which have shown how political the whole process has become and that includes the scientists. I recall the scandal involving emails which clearly showed how the information we received was twisted to suit a political agenda.

The question is not whether the planet is warming-it has cooled and warmed throughout its history. The question is how much of the warming is caused by man.
Can you explain why the predictions by the Climate change commissioner are regarded as irrelevant? If the man has no credibility why did he get appointed to the position? Why have scientists who were firmly in the global warming camp debunked and become more sceptical? It is the certainty of believers like you which disturbs me. There have been a number of incidents which have shown how political the whole process has become and that includes the scientists. I recall the scandal involving emails which clearly showed how the information we received was twisted to suit a political agenda.

You realise Abbott has closed the Climate Change Commission down?

What is this prediction by Tim Flannery?

Climate change denialists make me laugh, or they would if they weren't supporting those troglodytes in positions of power that are holding the planet back from effective synchronised action.

Bolt's an idiot so answering his stupid question should not present a challenge. If we are going to invest billions of dollars into "saving the planet" and tear apart industries which have provided jobs for thousands, by how much will all of the "synchronised" action lower the globe's temperature? It is the most important question which no-one has answered. If it is unanswerable then please provide me with a precedent. Cite a program which has had many billions invested in it and cost countless jobs when those who initiated the program could provide absolutely no projected outcomes for all of the pain and suffering the community would have to endure. Even inaccurate projections would be something. We simply get the arrogant dismissal of the question. It is insanity.

How do you justify the way in which the true believers gather in the world's best resorts and cities to discuss climate change? They fly their in jets, travel about in luxury cars and wine and dine at our expense. These junkets have gone on for years with no concrete outcomes. It is the height of hypocrisy. You are obviously a true believer-I hope you are walking the walk and not just talking like most of your fellow believers.

So you ask questions after refusing to answer questions asked to you. You were unable to find 1 scientific organization to support your view. Over 99% of all the published science on the subject is in agreement with AGW theory. You can replicate the search critieria on the published science on Google Scholar or just follow the instructions on http://jamespowell.org/
said Flannery hadn't published any science on the subject not that he has no credibility. Does NASA have credibility? http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence
The fact you put forward a fringe view unsupported by published science and backed up by blog posts rather than any link from an actual science site just makes you look more and more foolish.

you mention Climategate which was a confected conspiracy developed by Marc Morano from CFACT http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/12/27/climate-change-misinformer-of-the-year-marc-mor/191878 A simple check of even Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy would have shown you that 8independent committees cleared ALL scientists of any wrongdoing, though the whole idea of making up such a ridiculous conspiracy is that people, like you, don't bother to check if it had any substance.
I suggest you do some research yourself rather than be misled so easily!

Bolt's an idiot so answering his stupid question should not present a challenge. If we are going to invest billions of dollars into "saving the planet" and tear apart industries which have provided jobs for thousands, by how much will all of the "synchronised" action lower the globe's temperature? It is the most important question which no-one has answered. If it is unanswerable then please provide me with a precedent. Cite a program which has had many billions invested in it and cost countless jobs when those who initiated the program could provide absolutely no projected outcomes for all of the pain and suffering the community would have to endure. Even inaccurate projections would be something. We simply get the arrogant dismissal of the question. It is insanity.

How do you justify the way in which the true believers gather in the world's best resorts and cities to discuss climate change? They fly their in jets, travel about in luxury cars and wine and dine at our expense. These junkets have gone on for years with no concrete outcomes. It is the height of hypocrisy. You are obviously a true believer-I hope you are walking the walk and not just talking like most of your fellow believers.
I'm obviously a true jonbe54 - don't cast me in any role sunshine.

There is one question every denier - and the sheep bleating in unison with them - refuse to contenence.

Who will benefit from the money and jobs saved when the climate has gone down the guzzler?

As for future contact with one so concerned with the economy I will clear my personal evironment of the pollution of intolerant and willful ignorance.

Goodbye

Ignored.

I'm obviously a true jonbe54 - don't cast me in any role sunshine.

There is one question every denier - and the sheep bleating in unison with them - refuse to contenence.

Who will benefit from the money and jobs saved when the climate has gone down the guzzler?

As for future contact with one so concerned with the economy I will clear my personal evironment of the pollution of intolerant and willful ignorance.

Goodbye

Ignored.
Another logic flaw in the denier argument is the extent to which their view must be some massive organized conspiracy involving all of the worlds scientific bodies! AS mentioned, there isn't a scientific org in the world that disagrees on the basic AGW theory and the argument that scientists produce findings to keep their funding can be answered really simply.

There have been millions spent by the Koch brothers, Heartland etc in promoting the deniers view on climate change. If there was any scientist able to publish real evidence that contradicts climate change established science they would become an extremely wealthy person! To date, none have...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back