At what point would you let Sunshine set in the West?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
With the freo fans melting that we rejected their "fair" offer of 2 very late 1st round picks (1 of which they have already traded away but i digress).
Whats your trade that you would find acceptable?

Mine?

Straight swap for Neale (or Fyfe obviously)
Or
Weller and 2016 1st rounder.

Otherwise they need a 3rd club to get a top 10 pick.

I reckon we should hold back this year then trade him out at the end of the year. That way we'll show we mean what we say when we say "not traded under any circumstances"

I reckon we should hold back this year then trade him out at the end of the year. That way we'll show we mean what we say when we say "not traded under any circumstances"

This is where I am at too, we have to draw a line somewhere or just be considered a nursery.

IF he still wants out at the end of next year we negotiate for a deal reflecting his worth.

Agreed, I don't want us to appear to be pushovers when it comes to trading

Hope i'm welcome to comment here.

Weller and 2016 1st rounder.

A few over on our board have mentioned this and it sounds fair to me, I cant see Neale being involved in any trade though.

We are not trying to make you look like push overs or take advantage of GWS, in fact we are happy to pay overs (within reason) for young Cam.
I hope both clubs can come to an arrangement that's satisfactory and beneficial for everybody involved, if not this year then the next.

Hope i'm welcome to comment here.

A few over on our board have mentioned this and it sounds fair to me, I cant see Neale being involved in any trade though.
We are not trying to make you look like push overs or take advantage of GWS, in fact we are happy to pay overs (within reason) for young Cam.
I hope both clubs can come to an arrangement that's satisfactory and beneficial for everybody involved, if not this year then the next.
No issue. Except the part about freo fans not wanting to screw us. The freo board says otherwise.

On Neale doesnt he want to go home? Sydney is closer

No issue. Except the part about freo fans not wanting to screw us. The freo board says otherwise.
I think that's more to do with us disliking that "Gubby" fellow of yours. He seems to have rubbed us the wrong way.

Given that we've come out in front with the Bennell trade, I'm sure that we'd be willing to give up a little more to get McCarthy back home if GWS comes to the table.

I think that's more to do with us disliking that "Gubby" fellow of yours. He seems to have rubbed us the wrong way.

Given that we've come out in front with the Bennell trade, I'm sure that we'd be willing to give up a little more to get McCarthy back home if GWS comes to the table.
Your crew were calling dud deals well before Gubby came out and made it clear that we actually have a side to this story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your crew were calling dud deals well before Gubby came out and made it clear that we actually have a side to this story.
I thought that two first round picks was a fair offer for your third best KPF.
Gubby's image wasn't help that he was straight-out lying about McCarthy's affection for the Western Sydney area.

How about Ballantyne and a first round pick next year? He'd feed off Cameron and Patton's crumbs quite well, and you'd also earn the ire of a whole bunch of opposition supporters: it's great fun!

Gubby's image wasn't help that he was straight-out lying about McCarthy's affection for the Western Sydney area.
Not even close. A contracted kpf who has had a great 2nd year who was picked at where he was because of injury.

No chance for two late picks.

And no he wasnt lying. He can like sydney but love freo more you know.
Its ok to care for more than 1 place.

Not even close. A contracted kpf who has had a great 2nd year who was picked at where he was because of injury.

No chance for two late picks.

And no he wasnt lying. He can like sydney but love freo more you know.
Its ok to care for more than 1 place.
The second pick could be an early one...we haven't played the 2016 season yet. ;)

As for McCarthy's opinion of Western Sydney:
"I love all the boys at GWS and they’ve been great and stuff like that, but living in western Sydney I don’t think is for me," McCarthy said.
"I don’t really get to come home much - all the Melbourne boys get to fly back every time there’s a weekend off, but I haven’t really had the opportunity because Perth is so far away.

The second pick could be an early one...we haven't played the 2016 season yet. ;)

As for McCarthy's opinion of Western Sydney:
"I love all the boys at GWS and they’ve been great and stuff like that, but living in western Sydney I don’t think is for me," McCarthy said.
"I don’t really get to come home much - all the Melbourne boys get to fly back every time there’s a weekend off, but I haven’t really had the opportunity because Perth is so far away.
He may want to get used to it then if your boards idea of a trade is the same as the fans

Isn't someone who signs a contract and then an extension - then re-nigs on it, the bigger liar?

Isn't someone who signs a contract and then an extension - then re-nigs on it, the bigger liar?
I think there's a difference between asking for a release from his contract, and actually breaking the thing. I have no doubt that if he isn't traded that he'll faithfully fulfill his contractual obligations. The fact that he has signed it just gives you more leverage at the trade table if you choose to go down that path.

He might be third in line as KPF at the Giants but still best 22 and would be your number 1 KPF. You are trying to undervalue him by ranking him in our side.

Gunston at the Hawks is third in line as a KPF but that doesn't mean his value is chicken feed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I imagine the harm done to club culture by holding a young man at your club against his wishes would be far worse than a reputation for backflipping on trades, surely?

Two 1st rounders is fair by any measure

I imagine the harm done to club culture by holding a young man at your club against his wishes would be far worse than a reputation for backflipping on trades, surely?

Nope. He's a over 18 he signed a contract and an extension.

He's made his bed, now we're getting him to lie in it.

So he is literally contractually obliged.

It's not like he has a decent excuse anyway... "I miss home and I want to see my sisters growing up". Seriously! Time for this kid to grow up and finish what he started... not this Gen Y/Blister pack/Instant gratification mentality.

Hard to see what "Harm" is being done by our stance. No guilt over this one.

If the shoe was on the other foot people would be outraged. Because its a giant then we should do the kid and freo a solid. What garbage.

2 very late 1st rounders is insulting. And as they only have 1 very late 1st rounder it kinda makes the argument mute.

Sorry to intrude here guys but I find this particular trade fascinating. Does anyone have quotes from Cam from when he extended his contract with GWS? Because I assume he would have talked about how he loved it at the club.

So I would assume that he only wants to leave because Freo have offered him a truckload of money. In which case he probably isn't homesick enough to want to leave he just wants some money. And if a team is willing to offer a huge amount of money then they can offer up a decent trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back