At what point would you let Sunshine set in the West?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
0. Beautiful area. Head WEST down the M5 hahah

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

That's not western Sydney then! :p

(Pottered around the Mount Annan-Picton area quite a few times. Definitely love the look of the southern part of it.)

I disagree. I think that was Young telling them that there are private matters to be discussed. Due diligence is Giants staff getting an appreciation (as in understanding, not a profound respect) of the whole situation.

It's a dangerous play by Young because if GWS say: "nah, don't care, see you at training" it could backfire in Cam's mind. People don't take kindly to having issues that are important to them being dismissed as inconsequential.

Given that it's the pointy end of Trade season, I'm sure Dave Matthews, Gubby Allen and Leon Cameron are extraordinarily busy. If they really need to contact these guys, they should try out the following video calling tools.

Skype - http://www.skype.com/en/
Apple Facetime - http://www.apple.com/au/mac/facetime/
Google hangouts - https://hangouts.google.com/

Alternatively if there really are private matters to be discussed, may I suggest a plane trip for Cam and his family. I'm sure Colin Young would shout the trip since the welfare of his client is so paramount.

http://www.flightcentre.com.au/flights/perth/sydney

If Cam is the one who wants out, the onus of the responsibility is on him and his family to travel to sydney. It's not like he hasn't been here before.

So think about it... Colin Young, being a player manager, knows only too well that the GWS guys are too busy at this time of the year to give Cam Cam a cuddle, and they won't come over. So he creates this little media stunt to show that there are such deep issues and GWS are the bad guys for not dropping everything to sort this out.

If I quit a job, I take the responsibility to sort out my exit/release. I don't wait for my boss to make house calls.

But at least back me up that Camden is western sydey !!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Not really. It might scrape into South WesterN Sydney, but even then that kind of ends around Campbeltown. Camden is a little further and kind of on its own a bit further south.

Sorry

It looks far more likely that Young was just trying to get sympathy and portraying GWS as the recalcitrants. If there were private matters to be discussed why on earth would he be going through the media to make his statement instead of picking up the phone to GWS? That would be even more incompetent and ridiculous than he's otherwise set himself up to be (waiting for the inevitably claims that he is in fact that incompetent).
What would that sympathy achieve?

GWS and Young have been talking at polar opposites since the start, almost as if they aren't talking.

What would that sympathy achieve?

GWS and Young have been talking at polar opposites since the start, almost as if they aren't talking.

So why would Young be signalling "private matters" in the national media?

Pre Season at GWS, they all love living in west sydney
3769672-3x2-940x627.jpg

So why would Young be signalling "private matters" in the national media?
Id be speculating but if there is something private going on I would hope GWS are open to hearing him out as opposed to the road blocks they have put up publicly.

So much is political, they might already know and already have agreed and are just playing out time to get the message across before taking the moral high ground and trading him on compassionate grounds, because GWS are a family club.

I'm not saying there is anything going on, just throwing out a win win if there was.

Id be speculating but if there is something private going on I would hope GWS are open to hearing him out as opposed to the road blocks they have put up publicly.

So much is political, they might already know and already have agreed and are just playing out time to get the message across before taking the moral high ground and trading him on compassionate grounds, because GWS are a family club.

I'm not saying there is anything going on, just throwing out a win win if there was.

If there is something private going on I have no doubt that GWS would be hearing him out and I have no doubt Colin Young, as a representative of Cameron McCarthy, would not be playing it out in the media.

You actually said you "think" that's what Young was doing. You just really love implying there might be and using that as an underlying basis for your following explanation of the situation, and then walking back from it if challenged on it.

Hell, maybe Fremantle is blackmailing McCarthy into coming back home after setting him up in some kind of a sting operation. GWS may know of this so is standing strong to keep Cam out of that toxic atmosphere. My next post will be along the lines that I was just speculating and I'm not saying they are, but just throwing it out as a potential explanation.

If there is something private going on I have no doubt that GWS would be hearing him out and I have no doubt Colin Young, as a representative of Cameron McCarthy, would not be playing it out in the media.

You actually said you "think" that's what Young was doing. You just really love implying there might be and using that as an underlying basis for your following explanation of the situation, and then walking back from it if challenged on it.

I do think that is what Colin Young is doing, I only back away from things because you take what I say as gospel and blame me for it. I'm discussing filling in the very large blanks in this picture we have been given, I never said it was fact, it's just what I think.

if there really was an issue, Brett Hand/Dylan Addison as the new welfare team would be the ones to speak to about it. I hope, if there is an issue, that they are there if Cam wants/needs them.

Now back to Colin Young, who has probably passed Liam Pickering in our least favourite player-manager stakes.

Most player managers I have dealt with (and they aren't AFL ones) would not be directing messages explicitly through the media except if absolutely no one at the Club other than the work experience kid was taking their call. There are probably a range of people who would take the call at GWS, not just Leon and Gubby. If he is being frozen out, it's probably because the answer hasn't changed. Cam is under contract to GWS so we should be taking all calls pertaining to his employment.

The other reason is to get public sympathy firmly on their side for when the proposal goes pear-shape. What use is playing to WA other than riling up a Free Cam campaign? It ain't going to win sympathy among GWS supporters or affect GWS sponsors or bring on intervention from AFL House. It's good to have a villain on the other side of the country and it's a good way for your client to be kept in people's minds next season... assuming he doesn't sit the season out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCarthy is only homesick because Freo is offering him heaps of $$$. He has mates at GWS and will play there ext year as if nothing happened if a deal isn't made and he isn't traded. So can ppl stop writing s**t like "he wont play next year" or "he will sit the year out". GWS can use the coming year to try and convince him to stay. If he still wants to leave, expect GWS to accept trading him to Freo in the trade period at the end of next season. Cant see GWS letting him go this year knowing how big a can of worms it would open.

Did you tell him to not be so forward?

That was a tense finish!
After he went ape on the thread. I politely posted a photo of a crying baby and pointed out scotland needed to learn how to tackle.

I didnt get any response other than a ban from the whole place.
Slightly more brittle than the dockless.

if there really was an issue, Brett Hand/Dylan Addison as the new welfare team would be the ones to speak to about it. I hope, if there is an issue, that they are there if Cam wants/needs them.

Now back to Colin Young, who has probably passed Liam Pickering in our least favourite player-manager stakes.

Most player managers I have dealt with (and they aren't AFL ones) would not be directing messages explicitly through the media except if absolutely no one at the Club other than the work experience kid was taking their call. There are probably a range of people who would take the call at GWS, not just Leon and Gubby. If he is being frozen out, it's probably because the answer hasn't changed. Cam is under contract to GWS so we should be taking all calls pertaining to his employment.

The other reason is to get public sympathy firmly on their side for when the proposal goes pear-shape. What use is playing to WA other than riling up a Free Cam campaign? It ain't going to win sympathy among GWS supporters or affect GWS sponsors or bring on intervention from AFL House. It's good to have a villain on the other side of the country and it's a good way for your client to be kept in people's minds next season... assuming he doesn't sit the season out.

Colin Young has been speaking to Gubby and Leon Cameron about Cam since June and we've never hear anything about this. This is why it's now being played out in the media. People stating it's being played out in the media are 4 months late. GWS aren't listening and now Young is using the medias leverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin Young has been speaking to Gubby and Leon Cameron about Cam since June and we've never hear anything about this. This is why it's now being played out in the media. People stating it's being played out in the media are 4 months late. GWS aren't listening and now Young is using the medias leverage.
Thats the biggest load of garbage ive read today.

And thats saying something after reading the cam thread on the freo board .

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we drop the walking out early on a contract .... If I remember last year a certain Ryan griffen chucked a sad at the dogs cause he didn't like the coach and I want to go GWS, that then suited you guys to flog Boyd off to free up some cap and get some draft pick

Please tell me how this in any different other than the fact you think freo put a big contract on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back