Teams Atlanta Falcons - The Dirty Birds

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally!! Something of note from camp/preseason to post....

------

Jacob Tamme "hasn’t done much" in training camp.

The Falcons did little to upgrade their tight end situation this offseason, adding Tamme and oft-injured TE Tony Moeaki to compete with Levine Toilolo. Tamme worked with the first team in the second preseason game and remains the favorite to start. None of Atlanta's tight ends are on the TE2 radar.

Source: D. Orlando Ledbetter on Twitter

Free agent QB Rex Grossman will work out for the Falcons on Tuesday.

Grossman is undergoing a physical Tuesday morning and will work out for the team in the afternoon. Grossman has a long history with new Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan, and neither T.J. Yates nor Sean Renfree has shown well this preseason. If all goes well in the physical, Grossman should have a deal in the very near future.
Related: Falcons

Source: Vaughn McClure on Twitter

Falcons owner Arthur Blank said there was "no hold up at all" in negotiations with Julio Jones.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported talks have "stalled significantly," but Blank dismissed those rumors as just part of process. "It's just the process that you have to go through," Blank said. "It's a bit of a dance." Whether he signs an extension this year or gets hit with the franchise tag next offseason, Jones is not leaving Atlanta anytime soon.

Source: ESPN

Falcons signed QB Rex Grossman to a one-year, $1 million contract.

A follower of OC Kyle Shanahan, Grossman will always have a job as long as Shanahan's in the league. Grossman, 35, hasn't attempted a regular-season pass since 2011. His signing likely means bad news for T.J. Yates and/or Sean Renfree. Yates has been particularly horrible the past two preseasons.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Falcons signed WR Julio Jones to a five-year, $71.25 million contract extension through 2020.

Jones gets $47 million guaranteed. His new $14.25 million in average annual salary puts Jones slightly ahead of both Dez Bryant and Demayius Thomas, who signed matching five-year, $70 million pacts this offseason. The $47 million guaranteed is $15 million more than Bryant and $12 million more than Thomas, if the initial numbers being reported are correct. All three receivers are equally deserving. Jones has had foot issues in the past, but the Falcons obviously aren't too concerned. With the contract done, Jones can focus on football.

Source: Peter King on Twitter

Atlanta Falcons, first team in NFL history to start the season 3-0 after trailing in each of those three games in the 4th Qtr
Not much of an accomplishment when you realise all 3 have been against NFC East team.

#PerenialChokers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty impressed by the start to the season. Thought losing Coleman would be a loss but Freeman's game was unreal.. Not sure who'll be the #1 once colemans fit. Quinn has got this defense playing, the 2nd half against the Cowboys proves how far Quinn's improved us. I'm a little worried about the next 2 weeks, we SHOULD beat lesser opponents at home but who knows!

Devonta Freeman becomes the first RB since Ladainian Tomlinson ('06) to rush for 3 TD's in back-to-back games!
Are you telling me that I need to drop him in dynasty leagues as he'll receive the madden curse?

The Falcons could go 16-0. Their schedule is amazing.

View attachment 180948
I was telling a mate after 3-0.
I expect 15-1.
Realistically, 13-3 - 16-0 is the range if we stay healthy with that schedule.
At 14-2 I'd expect to win the division.
But at 13-3, wouldn't at all be shocked if Carolina held us off.

Pre season I read on numerous websites, blogs etc... that the Falcons are rebuilding and will struggle to win more than 6-8 games, perhaps 10 wins tops. 4 weeks in, we are still undefeated and our offence looks awesome and our defence is improving with every game. Now people are talking about winning the division! And winning 12/13 games! What the f*** happened??

Pre season I read on numerous websites, blogs etc... that the Falcons are rebuilding and will struggle to win more than 6-8 games, perhaps 10 wins tops. 4 weeks in, we are still undefeated and our offence looks awesome and our defence is improving with every game. Now people are talking about winning the division! And winning 12/13 games! What the f*** happened??
Dan Quinn

I was telling a mate after 3-0.
I expect 15-1.
Realistically, 13-3 - 16-0 is the range if we stay healthy with that schedule.
At 14-2 I'd expect to win the division.
But at 13-3, wouldn't at all be shocked if Carolina held us off.

We might be been a bet greedy with a 15-1 or 14-2 season... I think 12-4 or 13-3 more realistic. Yes our schedule on paper is fairly easy but the saints as bad as they are going are always tough battles and you've got to factor in an upset or 2 here and there. Also Quinn has this side playing "fast & physical" as he likes to say, who knows if we'll run out of steam in the back half of the year, heres hoping not. I'll predict us to go 12-4 but whether that wins us the division or will most likely come down to the panther games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back