Attending the Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I find that going to stand quietly in a room for hours waiting for a name to be called and pay a premium or beverages is pretty pointless when I can get the same but without the expensive drinks sitting in front of my computer.

But from your lounge room you can't yell out "vexatious bid" when a club bids on an academy player before their time just to make an academy club pay overs! Be great viewing at home to hear that yelled out but probably be kicked out for doing it :)

The American drafts are much more entertaining to watch when the hometown crowd dislikes the player drafted and begin booing lol
Now that would be awesome to watch if it happened in our draft system too.

I can't think of anything worse.

Do you not have twitter. I guarantee everyone else will hear the news at the same time as you.
You can watch a game on tv and see it at the same time as the crowd
So what if people want to get their footy fix at an event that hasn't been in town for 18 years

The American drafts are much more entertaining to watch when the hometown crowd dislikes the player drafted and begin booing lol
Now that would be awesome to watch if it happened in our draft system too.

What about New York Fans especially the Jets and Knicks fans?

For those going enjoy the experience and I hope to hear your thoughts after the event. Could be a snore fest but if your a draft fan or just interested in how it'll go especially with the new points and live bidding system I say go for it. Free of charge as well.

If it was on the Gold Coast again I might have flown over for it but not going as far as Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was too drawn out for my liking, stayed until the end but it was a bit too much

Good on you for sticking it out. The first 30 picks or so went on forever, looking back it was probabaly due the the fact that the clubs weren't in an open floor plan and each senior coach had to toddle to the lecturn and announce their player. Fans were a bit hostile on Gil going up and down from the podium as well.

I liked the fan interaction side of it but where there were cheers/ jeers from SA fans when the Crows and Port picked.

Word of note: They can certainly cut the time a lot shorter in 2016!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back