Augie March - Most overrated local band of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

You serious? Where was this? I saw that gig in Melbourne, on the first night, and I thought they had a great thing going, great vibe, great gig.

Nevermind what Dogs13 said, he/she clearly made it up.

Their fourth album is excellent, which is consistent with the quality of all their releases.

On the thread topic, yeah, they suck.

But christ, if you are going to write one good song, may aswell make it as good as 'One Crowded Hour'. Absolute belter.

Nevermind what Dogs13 said, he/she clearly made it up.

Is that right. Funny, but Bobby Giovanni confirmed what I saw at the concert. My OPINION is that they were close to the worst support act I have ever seen. And I have been to literally hundreds of concerts.

It was like the audience were supposed to sit back and soak up the gift they were bestowing on us with their enormous talent. Funny, but I'm the customer and I wasn't satisfied.

Is that right. Funny, but Bobby Giovanni confirmed what I saw at the concert. My OPINION is that they were close to the worst support act I have ever seen. And I have been to literally hundreds of concerts.

It was like the audience were supposed to sit back and soak up the gift they were bestowing on us with their enormous talent. Funny, but I'm the customer and I wasn't satisfied.
What was your honest opinion of Augie March before the gig? Regardless of whether you knew much about them or not.

Just because it was the only song NOVA played, doesnt mean they didnt have other standout tracks. I really rate these guys, although listening to them interviewed on the J's this week, they sound very bland in person.

On the topic of overrated local bands....Something for Kate anybody? Talk about boring live acts!

I actually have the hard copy of Moo, You Bloody Choir somewhere. Track one, is the only one that has been played more than twice. Haha.

But, actually had a couple of listens to their new one. Respectable. At best. But, minus One Crowded Hour shits all over MYBC.

So mark them down as one hit wonders with an arrogant w***er frontman?

One Crowded Hour was a good song but if you can't back it up you lose the respect of anyone that actually cares about more than that. Especially with a man out the front who thinks he is gods gift to the music loving public :thumbsdown:

What was your honest opinion of Augie March before the gig? Regardless of whether you knew much about them or not.

The sum of my knowledge before I saw them was:
1. Someone from the band had died in a car accident.
2. I'd heard One Crowded Hour on the radio.
3. Fifi Box's brother was in the band.

That was it, so I had no real pre-conceived ideas about the band. In fact, I was quite looking forward to see them to see what all the fuss was.

And they disappointed me enormously.

I've seen them live a couple of times, and both time they were very good. No animositiy either way.

Strange Bird and Moo are two of the best australian albums of the decade imo,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've tried to get into this band but they are what prog rock is like in the "nothing" generation .

Lightweight.

They don't move me.

Puts on 70s record.

God, you're like a parrot. Why do you even bother posting when you just say the same stupid thing again and again?

For the record, I'm not big on Augie March either.

So mark them down as one hit wonders with an arrogant w***er frontman?

One Crowded Hour was a good song but if you can't back it up you lose the respect of anyone that actually cares about more than that. Especially with a man out the front who thinks he is gods gift to the music loving public :thumbsdown:

What nonsense.

One Crowded Hour is a great song, but they have heaps of their earliers songs that are better or better than that.

For example; Movie Mondays, Rich Girl, Asleep in Perfection, There is no such place, Tasman Awakens, The Offer, The Keepa, The Drowning Dream and Brundisium. The Cold Acre shits all over it as well.

I bet you've never heard of any of those.

Why are people sheep/idiots?

What nonsense.

One Crowded Hour is a great song, but they have heaps of their earliers songs that are better or better than that.

For example; Movie Mondays, Rich Girl, Asleep in Perfection, There is no such place, Tasman Awakens, The Offer, The Keepa, The Drowning Dream and Brundisium. The Cold Acre shits all over it as well.

I bet you've never heard of any of those.

Why are people sheep/idiots?

Brad Rowe + Augie March... wow, you must be an awesome fella. Like drowning cats as well?

Seriously, it's hard to comprehend how dumb nearly everyone in this thread is.

Why is any stating the affirmative or the negative and attempting to make it seem factual? This board has generally been a pretty good place for some realistic discussion, but this thread is of Bay 13 quality.

Have people forgotten that there is such a thing as opinion?

I can guarantee that although I have a quite varied and (at least in so much as I have DJ'd live and on radio with a degree of popularity) relatively well-respected taste in music, I would still be able to find something that each and every poster in this thread believes is a masterpiece, and that I would rather have my eardrums pulled out with needle-nose pliers than listen to.

Pull your heads out and stop with the vitriolic diatribes.

Why is any stating the affirmative or the negative and attempting to make it seem factual? This board has generally been a pretty good place for some realistic discussion, but this thread is of Bay 13 quality.

I can guarantee that although I have a quite varied and (at least in so much as I have DJ'd live and on radio with a degree of popularity) relatively well-respected taste in music, I would still be able to find something that each and every poster in this thread believes is a masterpiece, and that I would rather have my eardrums pulled out with needle-nose pliers than listen to.

r238393_962934.jpg

200px-Anthony_rocca.jpg

Missed by that much.

Eyes on the prize, vinnie.

r154451_555716.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back