Aussie NBA watch 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Baynes gets another start (against Philly) and is already on 10-7 with 6mins to go in the 2nd.
Finished with 15-9.

I liked Pop's quote about him a couple of days ago.

Pop was asked about Baynes during San Antonio's clash with the Celtics yesterday, and in true fashion didn't give too much away.

“He seems to play basketball fairly well," Popovich said.

http://www.sportal.com.au/nba/baynes-has-career-night-in-spurs-win/sclexgls9swr1vfk554ihxwxj

upload_2014-12-2_18-46-16.png

Facepalm.gif

peternorth

Live stream of the Golden State vs New Orleans game tomorrow.

Hope this is ok to promote this live stream. It's not promoting a rival forum. Mods, if it's not allowed, can you delete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish Utah would involve Dante more in the offense, I guess he probably isnt ready yet but it is frustrating seeing him playing off the ball/standing in the corner

Wish Utah would involve Dante more in the offense, I guess he probably isnt ready yet but it is frustrating seeing him playing off the ball/standing in the corner
Yeah it's pretty stupid playing him as scoring guard, he has no idea how to be a scoring guard, not to mention at this stage he's not a great shooter.

I think it's just like we predicted before the start of the season, he's going to take another 3 years before he's a good player who is truly ready to run a team at PG. I just hope it's not too bumpy a road while he's developing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Delly's a guy who's always been counted out, saying he can't make it," James said. "Heart and effort will take away a lot of things you can't do. I'll take a guy like that any day on my team."
Also from the AP article:
Backup guard Matthew Dellavedova provided a boost for Cleveland in the final 12 minutes by hounding Kyle Lowry defensively. Toronto's point guard scored 16 points, but only two in the fourth.

Dellavedova, who missed 15 games with a knee injury, returned Monday against Brooklyn and played the entire final period against Toronto.

"Delly's a guy who's always been counted out, saying he can't make it," James said. "Heart and effort will take away a lot of things you can't do. I'll take a guy like that any day on my team."
Love that quote from LBJ

Am I the only one that doesn't quite get this quote?

Specifically "Heart and effort will take away a lot of things you can't do" ... WTF?

Am I the only one that doesn't quite get this quote?

Specifically "Heart and effort will take away a lot of things you can't do" ... WTF?
As in you can make up for not having the outstanding ability with heart and effort.

lol 7 minutes in my life is complete :p

Great to see this recognition for such an unheralded individual.
I'm still kind of shocked how effective he's been on D in the NBA. Obviously he didn't defend like this in college for good reasons (stay out of foul trouble and energy conservation on the offensive end). Saw it in flashes against a hot Kirk Penney a few years back for the Boomers and when Johnny Dee for San Diego got hot once in the WCC. The guy has really become a factor for Cleveland while at the same time inspiring his teammates. If he starts hitting that three he could become very valuable. It's a pleasure to watch him but a bit weird since i'm a Golden State supporter but find myself supporting Cleveland because of Delly.

lol 7 minutes in my life is complete :p

Great to see this recognition for such an unheralded individual.
I'm still kind of shocked how effective he's been on D in the NBA. Obviously he didn't defend like this in college for good reasons (stay out of foul trouble and energy conservation on the offensive end). Saw it in flashes against a hot Kirk Penney a few years back for the Boomers and when Johnny Dee for San Diego got hot once in the WCC. The guy has really become a factor for Cleveland while at the same time inspiring his teammates. If he starts hitting that three he could become very valuable. It's a pleasure to watch him but a bit weird since i'm a Golden State supporter but find myself supporting Cleveland because of Delly.

Seeing that kind of makes me wonder why a guy like Aaron Craft (not Aussie, I know) hasn't been able to get a gig in the NBA so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back