Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

will be in the mix after the world cup you'd think

Would love to see him make the squad though reckon Holger will go with the old hands unfortunately.

He is also unlikely to play much for us apart from maybe cup games given he is fairly low in the CB pecking order at Newcastle. Maybe with another loan stint and regular games he could come into calculations.

yep would hope he gets at least a few months on loan somewhere this season

How do you lot rate Terry Antonis?

I'm not an avid watcher of the A-League so I haven't seen much of him, but if Youtube Videos are anything to go by, he looks damn good, and fast:

from seeing that team GrandBlue put up before, I've decided to do one as well:

Post-WC:

-----------------------------Langerak/Ryan
--------------Williams---McGowan---DeVere---Herd
----------------------------Mooy---Jedinak
---------------------Kruse------Rogic-------Oar
---------Duke/Rukavystya/Juric/Babalj/Gameiro/other potential ST

There's a few young guys coming through who look good, Lowry could also go LB and then just shove the above ^ defence one to the left. Milligan is still able to hold a spot in midfield, but I'd rather have a DM and a deep-lying playmaker in midfield - Jedinak and Millsy are both DM, Mooy is a playmaker. Leckie is getting games now, Luongo and Wright keep on keeping on in lower division England. Bozanic on bloody fire in Switzerland. We just need to blood these guys young.

Langerak played a half in Dortmund's champions league loss to Napoli, he condeded 1 goal but it was a ripper free kick right, curling into the top corner and hit with pace, not much he could do.

Just wondering, since Weidenfeller went off on a straight red, does that mean he automatically misses the next champions league game? If so that's good news for Mitch cause he should get a full game next time which is exciting.

Langerak played a half in Dortmund's champions league loss to Napoli, he condeded 1 goal but it was a ripper free kick right, curling into the top corner and hit with pace, not much he could do.

Just wondering, since Weidenfeller went off on a straight red, does that mean he automatically misses the next champions league game? If so that's good news for Mitch cause he should get a full game next time which is exciting.
Smashed his front teeth while that goal went in as well, his face hit the post pretty hard.

Kruse 2 goals in the first half for Leverkusen away to Mainz. I believe it's his first start since he joined Leverkusen? He should have cemented his spot in the team for the next few games you would think. Hopefully start in their next CL game.

Kruse 2 goals in the first half for Leverkusen away to Mainz. I believe it's his first start since he joined Leverkusen? He should have cemented his spot in the team for the next few games you would think. Hopefully start in their next CL game.

The finish on the first goal was very very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Rogic again an unused sub in celtic loss to Barcelona in the UCL. :(
Shame, since he deserves better!

I think he has been pretty good so far this season but his game against liverpool was poor imo. Too many sloppy passes.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/foo...newcastle-united/story-fni2wcjl-1226750709345

A surprisingly decent article by the Herald Sun about Good - David Davutovic either did a bit of research of knows his stuff - quite a few specific Newcastle references in there.

I think he is a chance to make the bench vs Chelsea this weekend given our injury crisis down back :thumbsu:

Hopefully Ange gives him a look in for the Costa Rica game.

Seems way too early for me. Scored a couple of good goals but has barely taken the league by storm. Hopefully Brissie get a decent amount for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back