Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sainsbury is moving at the right time unlike some others.

He's an established player who has made a name for himself and is now ready to take the next step.

Unlike other likes Amini, Rogic (less his fault), Bulut who left the A-League and have failed to feature.

Apparently McBreen had an offer from Shanghai East Asia but the Mariners knocked it back. Cant for the life of me work out why anyone would want to live in Shanghai. Too big and dirty for me.

Sainsbury is moving at the right time unlike some others.

He's an established player who has made a name for himself and is now ready to take the next step.

Unlike other likes Amini, Rogic (less his fault), Bulut who left the A-League and have failed to feature.

What did amini do wrong? Had a quality season and signed with one of the biggest clubs and one of the best clubs for developing youth in the world. He also signed knowing he'd get loaned straight back for another season to ccm. Just because he hasn't played for dortmund doesn't mean he's failed. Unfortunately he's had a big injury set back just when he looked like he was starting to show something.

Apparently there's a kid called Brad Smith who is eligible for Australia, made his debut for Liverpool a couple of months ago but still looks a long way away from the first team. Also appeared at a youth level for England, but still an outside chance.

Brad Smith moved over to England then played for them at under 19 level, I think. Or under 17.

After that he can GAGF for all I care, play for your ******* country you traitor.
That's a very ignorant opinion really. You don't even know if he was approached by Australia in the first place.

Can I ask for your thoughts on Rukavytsya's, Archie Thompson's and even Postecoglou's national aliegance?

Last edited:
Apparently there's a kid called Brad Smith who is eligible for Australia, made his debut for Liverpool a couple of months ago but still looks a long way away from the first team. Also appeared at a youth level for England, but still an outside chance.

Kid's a gun (well for Australian standards anyway). Has the ability defend but also run up and down the wings and provide an attacking option, something that would be brilliant for an Aussie team to have. Moved to England when he was 14 (has English parents IIRC) and now has a scouse accent. I think personally if he's good enough he'll choose England but if it's obvious that he won't get a gig for them then he'll settle for playing for Australia. Wouldn't get your hopes up on him being in this year's World Cup squad though. Would be great to see him play for Australia but it seems like he's not keen on playing for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a very ignorant opinion really. You don't even know if he was approached by Australia in the first place.

Can I ask for your thoughts on Rukavytsya's, Archie Thompson's and even Postecoglou's national aliegance?
It's someone like Suminic who's the worst. Going through the Australian system at the tax payer's expense (I know I sound like an Abbott voter here) should render your first preference to Australia. If you're not too good enough to ever get a cap for the Socceroos, then sure, play wherever you can. But Suminic's decision was pretty disappointing.

Almost as good as havng your achillies snapped by a weights sled........ Still a month gives him plenty of time to come back

Few names that most would never have heard of I reckon. Will be very interesting to see.

Meh, no use lamenting people's motives like travel (Carney), partying, or money (70% of them) in their career. They have no divine need to do anything. The talent pool in Australia at the moment is s**t anyway (and will be until youth development actually develops youth). Good on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back