Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Melb Victory
Just seen reports that Marko Marin might join Fiorentina. Don't know what the means for Josh Brilliante. I don't consider him an attacking midfielder but he seems to be playing in that position in pre season.
Im pretty sure he has been playing as 1 of the 2 holding mids in a 352

Sounds like a decent first weekend for most of the Aussies in England, here's hoping a lot of them can have really strong seasons for our Asian Cup aspirations!

Robbie Kruse could be about to go out on loan to Hannover 96.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/hannover-open-talks-kruse-loan

Interesting, could be a good move for him if it ensures plenty of game time and chances to find his form. From memory, he was one of Leverkusen's better players before his injury but I'm not sure if he will walk back into the side or if he would need to settle for a bench role. Given Hannover lost a few of their right sided attackers, could be a good option to take him on loan (even if its only for 6 months).

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Tommy Oar with two assists overnight as well. Started wide left but later became more central and was slightly on the right. Wilkshire started for Feyenoord in the same game.

Sains also subbed on after playing midweek in Zwolle's win over Vitesse.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Interesting, could be a good move for him if it ensures plenty of game time and chances to find his form. From memory, he was one of Leverkusen's better players before his injury but I'm not sure if he will walk back into the side or if he would need to settle for a bench role. Given Hannover lost a few of their right sided attackers, could be a good option to take him on loan (even if its only for 6 months).

He wasn't. He was going OK, and scored once or twice, he had just held his starting birth. One of their better players is a line Fozzie etc would be going with, but it's way off the mark.

He wasn't. He was going OK, and scored once or twice, he had just held his starting birth. One of their better players is a line Fozzie etc would be going with, but it's way off the mark.

Ah fair enough, maybe a loan would be better for him (and us) then if it ensures more gametime in the lead up to the Asian Cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CotchNCo

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2012
Boston, USA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Arsenal
Annnddd subbed in the 35' min for giving the ball away in the lead up to Roma's goal and generally doing nothing. Might not see Josh in the starting eleven for a while i suspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back