Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good way to end it, apart from a token fairwell game there's no need for him to play another international. Leaving after our greatest achievement is a fitting end. One of the only Aussies over the last decade or so who could genuinely create and pass/cross the ball well.

Tommy Oar has notified his Dutch club FC Utrecht he is leaving at the end of the season and is open to moving elsewhere in Europe.

With Ange's 4-3-3, he should be looking to make himself a CM, but probably won't become one. Any Aussies looking good as a holding mid?

I thought he was going well under the Dutch league
Seems a strange move unless he has better offers

He's one of their key players, rumours of Ajax/PSV bosman.

With Ange's 4-3-3, he should be looking to make himself a CM, but probably won't become one. Any Aussies looking good as a holding mid?

Brilliante is the obvious one if he can start getting some senior game time at Empoli.

Jedinaks got a few years left in him also.

He's one of their key players, rumours of Ajax/PSV bosman.

Maybe to replace Depay at PSV if he finally decides to move at season's end?

Risky move by Oar given he's done relatively well for Utrecht and seems to be a regular feature for them. Hope he doesn't move to a bigger club and just become a squad rotation player.

Maybe to replace Depay at PSV if he finally decides to move at season's end?

Risky move by Oar given he's done relatively well for Utrecht and seems to be a regular feature for them. Hope he doesn't move to a bigger club and just become a squad rotation player.
Would be better than what Davidson has achieved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't a slight to Davidson so I didn't word it properly. But given he moved from the same league and has stalled since I'm just worried.
Yep, gotcha.

Yep, gotcha.
Cheers. My wording was way too snarky and ill-thought. I probably don't pay enough attention to WBA but I don't see Davidson on enough substitute lists, let alone starter lists. So I was thinking that 'squad rotation player' would be a step up from that kind of situation.

Good luck to Oar wherever he goes. I'll be changing my club alerts on my apps when the decision is made.

It wasn't a slight to Davidson so I didn't word it properly. But given he moved from the same league and has stalled since I'm just worried.
Brett Holman thread.

Ikonomidis scored twice and setup the other in a 3-0 win for Lazio's u/21's in their primavera derby against Roma.

He's been called up to the senior side for the Copa Italia semi against Napoli

This kid will be in the socceroos side very shortly I'd say.

Last edited:
Ikonomidis scored twice and setup the other in a 3-0 win for Lazio's u/21's in their primavera derby against Roma.

He's been called up to the senior side for the Copa Italia semi against Napoli

This kid will be in the socceroos side very shortly I'd say.

May I ask where you get the information?

Any reason why? Is it a Nottingham Forest kind of thing?

Because their biggest rival is the Dundee Football Club, referred to Dundee.

Their home grounds are the two closest in British football -
stadiums-dundee.jpg

Dundee United would normally be referred to as United, The Terrors or the Arabs. (https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110820043455AAp2BrO - if you're wondering about the last nickname listed).

Teenage Aussie joins Borussia Dortmund

Jamie Gorgovski from Sydney’s south has joined German giants Borussia Dortmund youth set-up where he’s been welcomed by the Bundesliga club’s Aussie contingent.

The former Skillaroos and NSWIS player from Oatley in Sydney now has the chance to emulate the careers of the club’s two Australians, Socceroo keeper Mitch Langerak and Olyroo Mustafa Amini (pictured with Gorgovski and his Australian representative Buddy Farah).

Gorgovski, 15, will play for the club’s U-17s after signing a three-year deal at the Westfalenstadion.

The left-footed No.10 had his clearance from FIFA approved in recent days after the world governing body were satisfied his family had moved to Europe for business reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back