Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've also kept an eye on the former Jets boys in Taggart, Brillante and Birighitti (still a Jets player technically but out on loan).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/25/a-league-danny-vukovic-leaves-perth-glory

Vukovic’s exit, combined with Jack Duncan’s move to Danish club Randers FC, has left Glory without a front-line goalkeeper. Former Jets goalkeeper Mark Birighitti is reportedly in the club’s sights, along with strikers Scott McDonald and Adam Taggart. Last week, Wanderers defender Antony Golec signed on with Glory on a two-year deal.

Looks like we're trying to home a couple more ex Jets.

Very interesting Scotland...

As far as I know, Birighitti is still contracted to the Jets despite being on loan (unless his deal is finishing up and he's already said he's leaving?).

Scott McDonald would be a good get - think he's done relatively well for Motherwell since rejoining them. Probably getting to the age where he might consider coming home too. Also, I'm not sure if he's given up on his Socceroos career yet but if he came back and they named an 'A League' team for some of the upcoming qualifiers, he might be a chance to finally break his drought for the NT.

Taggart's move to Fulham hasn't really worked. Would be good to see him go to another league (Belgian maybe?) to see if he can cut it there - the Championship is a fair level up from the A League admittedly.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Taggart is originally from WA and was on the book's of Glory for a brief period so he probably has family and friends there. Personally I hope he doesn't give up on Europe just yet but would be an exciting coup for the Glory to land.

Agree that the playoff result was probably the best outcome for the Aussies - Wright and Kilkenny get to play in a higher division next season and Luongo who's had interest from bigger clubs might very well be on the move this coming window.

I just hope he doesn't rush into the arms of the first PL club (if any) to bid for him - like Davidson last season who essentially forced his move to go through, the grass isn't always greener playing at a more prestigious team/level. Take caution Mass, you're too important to our NT's future! :)

Looks like another Aussie might be in the PL next season - Federici reportedly close to joining Bournemouth. He'd be fighting with Boruc for the number 1 spot between the sticks.

Federici to Bournemouth a done deal.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...move-to-epl-club/story-e6frf4a3-1227370672537

Good luck to him, he's a decent keeper held in high regard by Reading so hopefully he provides the Cherries with good service.

If be comes number 1 at Bournemouth, I wonder if Ange would consider involving him again in the NT?

I read Langerak could potentially be Dortmund's number 1 next season as well so if Ryan stays in Belgian, despite probably being the current number 1, he may be behind both Langerak and Federici (in terms of the quality of the league he plays in).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

somewhat disapointed he wont be in the premier league. QPR likely to be straight back up though
Gives him a chance to cement his spot in the team as well before playing up in the top stuff

What happened to Oar?
Left Utrecht to look for another club. Was reportedly one of their best players until he announced he would leave resulting in them dropping him for the rest of the Eredivise season.

I actually think Luongo's move isn't a bad one - its still a step up for him and he'll likely get more game time for QPR than he would in the PL.

They've released quite a few players too - including Barton so there should be a spot in the middle of the park for him.

The only real query over them is the fine which they are currently fighting. They've got Ramsey as manager for next season and he was the club's youth coach I think before getting the first team role so he probably has some skill in working with youngsters like Mass.

I actually think Luongo's move isn't a bad one - its still a step up for him and he'll likely get more game time for QPR than he would in the PL.

They've released quite a few players too - including Barton so there should be a spot in the middle of the park for him.

The only real query over them is the fine which they are currently fighting. They've got Ramsey as manager for next season and he was the club's youth coach I think before getting the first team role so he probably has some skill in working with youngsters like Mass.
I think Ramsey was a youth coach at Spurs as well? Might have worked with Luongo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back