Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Juric scored his first goal for Roda this morning. Believe De Silva and Rostyn Griffiths also featured.

RIP Adam Federici english career.

I thought that comment was pretty unfair after last week.

After seeing the goals that Boruc gifted Tottenham tonight, I know it was unfair!

Federici could be back between the sticks as soon as next week.

So Luke Brattan has completed his move to Manchester City and he's been immediately loaned to Bolton until January. It's a strange one because it's pretty obvious he won't get a game at City and if Bolton wanted him they just could have signed him themselves.

With Aaron Mooy receiving strong interest from Bournemouth, Watford, Aston Villa, West Brom and some unnamed continental European clubs, my guess is that he'll be sold in January, after which Brattan will be recalled from Bolton and sent immediately on loan/transferred to Melbourne City as a replacement for Mooy.

I'm still befuddled by City signing Brattan.

He was pretty good at Brisbane, but Man City? Yes he's gone to Bolton straight away but he's on a long term deal and I don't expect him to be the sort of player to dominate the Championship.

Good on him.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that he's off to Melbourne City in January to replace Mooy.

I'm still befuddled by City signing Brattan.

He was pretty good at Brisbane, but Man City? Yes he's gone to Bolton straight away but he's on a long term deal and I don't expect him to be the sort of player to dominate the Championship.

Good on him.

Why?

Man city have signed him on a free, they'll be hoping he'll perform at a level that they can turn into a little profit either as a lower league Prem player or a quality Championship level player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He probably will be, but he's on a 4 year deal with Man City. Surely they don't intend to loan him out for the duration of it.
They'll probably loan him for the first year, maybe 2, then see if they can get a profit in the sale for him.

That makes more sense. It just seems weird to me clubs signing players they never have any intention of playing.

At his best I could see Brattan maybe being a GBP10m signing for someone. Is that worth it for a club like City which spends squillions each transfer window?

Where should he go? Elsewhere in the Championship? Netherlands?
I always like Aussies going to the Netherlands because it is a good introduction to good European football, and once you feel comfortable there then you can make that move. Championship is really tough, if he was to move further down in the Championship he could be going to a relegation battle which is not the place to develop your football.

Also having a really solid season in League 1 it would have made sense to make the next jump up, has had some good games with them, still a long way to go in the season.

There's a young Aussie at Villa - Jordan Lyden who is on the cusp of breaking into the first team. He's only 19 but captains their U21 side and even made the bench for their loss to Arsenal over the weekend. Could be in the squad for Villa's trip to us on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back