Australia A Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8826765

Australia A preliminary squad: Jason Behrendorff (WA), Cameron Boyce (QLD), Tom Cooper (SA), Pat Cummins (NSW), Ben Cutting (QLD), Alex Doolan (TAS), James Faulkner (TAS), Callum Ferguson (SA), Peter Forrest (QLD), Josh Hazlewood (NSW), Moises Henriques (NSW), Phillip Hughes (SA), Chris Lynn (QLD), Mitchell Marsh (WA), Peter Nevill (NSW), Steve O'Keefe (NSW), Kane Richardson (SA), Chadd Sayers (SA), Mitchell Starc (NSW), Cameron White (VIC), Sam Whiteman (WA).

The most interesting thing for me is the lack of Wade in the group. Do we take it from the list above that Whiteman and Nevill (quite rightly IMO) are now above Wade in the pecking order?

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd
Looks ok on first glance.

Give me time though, I'll find something to whinge about.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I quite like this squad. Plenty of reward for consistency and enough to interest those that don't usually pay too much attention to the A teams.

Brown_DOG68

All Australian
Jun 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cincinnati Reds
Does this mean Muirhead is in the Australian 1sts??....... if not why is he not in this squad? Best young legspin talent going around - should be playing at the highest level.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Just for fun, here's a couple of line ups from that squad.

Yes, there's a lack of openers and a crazy amount of fast bowlers, but just for laughs let's line them up.

Phillip Hughes (SA)
Peter Forrest (QLD)
Callum Ferguson (SA)
Chris Lynn (QLD)
Moises Henriques (NSW)
Peter Nevill (NSW)
Ben Cutting (QLD)
Kane Richardson (SA)
Jason Behrendorff (WA)
Cameron Boyce (QLD)
Pat Cummins (NSW)

Jordan Silk (TAS)
Alex Doolan (TAS)
Tom Cooper (SA)
Cameron White (VIC)
Mitchell Marsh (WA)
Sam Whiteman (WA)
James Faulkner (TAS)
Steve O'Keefe (NSW)
Chadd Sayers (SA)
Mitchell Starc (NSW)
Josh Hazlewood (NSW)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
It sounds like they (CA) approached harris, he wasn't actively looking for a coaching gig so i doubt he is thinking of calling it quits, he will bowl till he drops and he has already said he wants to play the 2015 ashes.

Great bloke to have around the new generation though so happy with the idea of them getting him involved.

Does this mean Muirhead is in the Australian 1sts??....... if not why is he not in this squad? Best young legspin talent going around - should be playing at the highest level.
He's played 3 FC games. I don't want him anywhere bloody near the squad yet.
Is no NCN a sign that he is closer to selection than we think or further away?
Closer IMO. He can't be behind Cutting, Hazlewood, Cummins and Behrendorff surely?

Maxwell should be in there ahead of Marsh. Surprised Silk and Carters didn't get nods as well. My side with that squad would be:

Hughes
Doolan
Cooper
White (c)
Forrest
Henriques
Whiteman (+)
Faulkner
O'Keefe
Starc
Sayers

White's the one with sustained and successful leadership experience so even if he isn't captain he needs to be in the side as tactically he's the best cricketing brain in that squad.

On the whole Wade thing, maybe they want him to drop the gloves as he can't captain and keep this season IMO. Far too difficult.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
He's played 3 FC games. I don't want him anywhere bloody near the squad yet.

Closer IMO. He can't be behind Cutting, Hazlewood, Cummins and Behrendorff surely?

Maxwell should be in there ahead of Marsh. Surprised Silk and Carters didn't get nods as well. My side with that squad would be:

Hughes
Doolan
Cooper
White (c)
Forrest
Henriques
Whiteman (+)
Faulkner
O'Keefe
Starc
Sayers

White's the one with sustained and successful leadership experience so even if he isn't captain he needs to be in the side as tactically he's the best cricketing brain in that squad.

On the whole Wade thing, maybe they want him to drop the gloves as he can't captain and keep this season IMO. Far too difficult.

On the Wade thing it looks like he'd only ever get considered again in very special circumstances (like Rogers).

On the Wade thing it looks like he'd only ever get considered again in very special circumstances (like Rogers).
I think if he dropped the gloves he'd be able to make it as a batsman. He's improved against spin (his biggest weakness), has a solid technique and a wide array of shots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back