Australia A Tour of India (July and August 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree, but I personally think he has been good considering how long he hadn't played for. Surely a shoe in for the One day side though in my opinion.

No issue there, although shoe-in is pushing it, we just won the WC. He is well in the mix though for the ODI side.

I'm not saying Khawaja has necessarily earned his position, but then neither has anyone else. We either take a punt on someone with no international experience (e.g. Hanscomb) or go back to the Well of Known Disappointment (Watson, Marsh, Voges).

We need to experiment to see what is going to work in the future - for me, Khawaja would be something of a gamble, but less so than the other options on offer. Unless you want to go really left field and give Maxwell a go.

I think Khawaja would be a pretty major gamble. Proved to be very limited at international level and got bogged down whenever he played.

Hasn't shown any indication of fixing that and is coming off no form base due to a major injury.

Burns/Lynn/Handscomb etx are better options without having to go down the Maxwell route

I'm not saying Khawaja has necessarily earned his position, but then neither has anyone else. We either take a punt on someone with no international experience (e.g. Hanscomb) or go back to the Well of Known Disappointment (Watson, Marsh, Voges).

We need to experiment to see what is going to work in the future - for me, Khawaja would be something of a gamble, but less so than the other options on offer. Unless you want to go really left field and give Maxwell a go.

Would rather give Handscomb, Lynn, or Burns a go, with Bancroft opening the batting. Khawaja has massive issues against spin, and rotating the strike.

I think Khawaja would be a pretty major gamble. Proved to be very limited at international level and got bogged down whenever he played.

Hasn't shown any indication of fixing that and is coming off no form base due to a major injury.

Burns/Lynn/Handscomb etx are better options without having to go down the Maxwell route
I agree, there's too many options ahead of Khawaja, from retaining faith in S.Marsh or Voges to a number of form Shield batsmen.

Funnily enough, a Guardian column that proposed a Likely, Conservative and Experimental team had Khawaja in two out of three, so it seems some people love him. I don't get it myself.

Last edited:
I agree, there's too many options ahead of Khawaja, from retaining faith in S.Marsh or Boges to a number of form Shield batsmen.

Funnily enough, a Guardian column that proposed a Likely, Conservative and Experimental team had Khawaja in two out of three, so it seems some people love him. I don't get it myself.

Neither do I - personally I would plump for trying Maxwell in some tests before the happy-bash stuff starts - but the selectors have made him captain of the A team for a reason.

I think the point is that Khawaja could be seen as part of the "well of known disappointment".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Wade's batting any better than Nevill's? If not, might as well push him up the order and play some all rounders like M.Marsh and Faulkner.

Wade's batting might be decent but his ceiling is lower than guys like Lynn, Khawaja etc. would rather make a pitch at settling the team now.

Is Wade's batting any better than Nevill's? If not, might as well push him up the order and play some all rounders like M.Marsh and Faulkner.

Wade's batting might be decent but his ceiling is lower than guys like Lynn, Khawaja etc. would rather make a pitch at settling the team now.
Wade's batting is much better than Nevill's. If they both dropped the gloves, Wade is the one that would average near 40 in test cricket, Nevill mid 30's.

Yeah, I think I would rather go with Warner, Bancroft, Smith, Burns, S.Marsh, M.Marsh, Nevill, Agar, Johnson, Hazelwood, Lyon for Bangladesh.

Burns and Smith can swap positions if and when Burns settles in, S.Marsh gets the summer to hold his place or give it up to Lynn, Khawaja, Stoinis etc (whoever stakes their claim).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back