Australia A Tour of India (July and August 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe Stoinis is on this tour. They always seem to pick some bog average guy for these tours.
Stoinis is better than Head, Maddinson and Khawaja on this tour.

Agreed but it's interesting in regards to the opening position that Bancroft got a game ahead of Burns.
Possibly think he's a middle order bat?

Handscomb's regarded as the best playing of spin in the Victorian set up, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out some big scores this tour.

Handscomb's regarded as the best playing of spin in the Victorian set up, I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls out some big scores this tour.
I regard him as a top 5 player of spin in Australia. He's almost as good as Smith and Clarke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Pujara even playing in these matches? He's India's best bat ffs.

Not better than Kohli.

Not better than Vijay.

Not better than Rahane.

He should be slotting in there side unquestionably on talent, but guess for whatever reason they've decided that a harder approach is the best for him and the team long term.

Did you watch any shield games last year?

Actually, did you even look at the stats, because that would even show you that he is not a spud.

Yep he had a good year. I still don't think he is worthy of an Australia A tour spot but good luck to him. Maybe spud is a bit harsh.

Stoinis is a good shield player now.

Can't see him developing into a test player though.

But hey he scored the runs and earned his chance just as Andrew Fekete earned his spot as well

He'd have to get there as a batsman primarily, and at the least, he must have some facility against spin. He's still only 25 or so, it's not beyond the realms.

Last edited:
Steve O'Keefe is genuinely hard done by for a NSW player. Even if he is gash at test level, he really should have been given more chances in the past. I wonder who it is that really dislikes him.

I like Nathan Lyon but considering who they've dropped Lyon for from time to time you do wonder what O'Keefe has done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back