Australia is a nation of White Privilege

Remove this Banner Ad

And, sadly, there will be those who claim that the blacks should harden up and be grateful for what us whities gave them.

As per usual, this will attract the usual suspects of gutter snipes...but just a few pages of reasonable discussion would be nice.

Lovely use of a derogatory racial term. You said something about gutter snipes?

If we were having a beer in the pub I would.

However, we are in nanny state bigfarty, where we must think of teh kiddies and respect all cleavage.:rolleyes:

btw...you're a campaigner.

So you'd resort to physical force to silence a dissenting opinion, yet it's him who's the campaigner?

In my 20s I used to think it was the right wing that would end our liberties. I was wrong.

So you'd resort to physical force to silence a dissenting opinion, yet it's him who's the campaigner?

In my 20s I used to think it was the right wing that would end our liberties. I was wrong.

:rolleyes:

I didn't say that at all.

I referred to using terms that nanny state Bigfooty find offensive due to Googles advertising intrusion.

Whenever you're ready, I'll put your apology into my file.

:rolleyes:

I didn't say that at all.

I referred to using terms that nanny state Bigfooty find offensive due to Googles advertising intrusion.

Whenever you're ready, I'll put your apology into my file.

Indeed I completley misread the post; which goes to show you that forums aren't the place to go to at 3am when insomnia is visiting.

You may have my apology.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I see an Aboriginal person it's usually hanging outside the Flinders Street drunk and/or begging for money.

Unfortunately this reality re-enforces my lazy/alcoholic/dole bludger Aboriginal stereotype.

What needs to happen is more articles and news programs of successful Indigenous people (not sports people).

This will show the public there are Aborignals out there "having a go" and show other indigenous people that they need to stop blaming the white man for their problems.

When I see an Aboriginal person it's usually hanging outside the Flinders Street drunk and/or begging for money.

Unfortunately this reality re-enforces my lazy/alcoholic/dole bludger Aboriginal stereotype.

What needs to happen is more articles and news programs of successful Indigenous people (not sports people).

This will show the public there are Aborignals out there "having a go" and show other indigenous people that they need to stop blaming the white man for their problems.

Or, you could actually get out more and see a bit of 'your' country.

There is no blame game going on, but there is a distinct lack of responsibility being shown by portions of both 'sides'.

Where I live you can see both sides in one street
You have indigenous families living vastly different lifestyles
You have your centrelink/almost homeless,violent,drugged and substance abusers.Around the corner business owners,highly qualified with degrees,tradies etc.Living very well

Like most races really.Problem is the really sad cases are high profile,while the others just go about living their life

Where I live you can see both sides in one street
You have indigenous families living vastly different lifestyles
You have your centrelink/almost homeless,violent,drugged and substance abusers.Around the corner business owners,highly qualified with degrees,tradies etc.Living very well

Like most races really.Problem is the really sad cases are high profile,while the others just go about living their life
I think it's a combination of the very small population of aborigines, particularly in cities (where most non-aborigines live) where the only exposure someone might have to aborigines is the drunk/homeless/feral types that hang around the CBD and inner areas. If that's the only experience you had with aborigines its pretty hard not to form a negative opinion.

It's an entirely different experience if you grow up somewhere like Wheatbelt WA, or the outback, or even Darwin.

Not necessarily, I live next door to an indigenous family and they are nothing like those described on here. Generalisation can be a problem.

I know where the majority will be next year, on the news today it was reported that some 10,000 will be in prison.
I wonder what the conviction rate for the same offences would be compared to the 'whites'?

I think it's a combination of the very small population of aborigines, particularly in cities (where most non-aborigines live) where the only exposure someone might have to aborigines is the drunk/homeless/feral types that hang around the CBD and inner areas. If that's the only experience you had with aborigines its pretty hard not to form a negative opinion.

It's an entirely different experience if you grow up somewhere like Wheatbelt WA, or the outback, or even Darwin.

Are you prepared to divulge where you were brought up/are currently?

I'm gonna guess country WA, but trying on the sophisticated city boy angle.

In what way does that make me a hypocrite?

In essence, you stated that peoples perceptions of aboriginals are pretty much based upon the experiences from where they live.

You have a perverse view on most things, so I'm saying that you owning your past would explain a few things.

P.S. You're pretty much always hypocritical.

In essence, you stated that peoples perceptions of aboriginals are pretty much based upon the experiences from where they live.

You have a perverse view on most things, so I'm saying that you owning your past would explain a few things.

P.S. You're pretty much always hypocritical.

People's opinions are shaped by their experiences is the short version of what i posted.

You still havent pointed out what is hypocritical about it.

People's opinions are shaped by their experiences is the short version of what i posted.

You still havent pointed out what is hypocritical about it.

That you won't own your experience and justify your opinion through them.

You just prefer to sit on the sidelines throwing stones and kidding yourself that you are somehow superior through your smugness.

You're not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back