Australia & New Zealand Poker Tour (ANZPT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Judds just lost some chips: :(

With the flop showing
jh.gif
4h.gif
10h.gif
, Tony Kondevski checked from the big blind. Fabian Craib bet out 40,000 from middle position, sending Kondevski into the tank. A minute passed before he raised to 135,000, bringing a quick all-in from Craib. Kondevski almost beat him into the pot, as both players tabled their cards.
Craib:
jd.gif
3h.gif

Kondevski:
ah.gif
js.gif

Craib was dominated by the kicked and the flush draw, and when the turn and river came out the
9s.gif
and
9d.gif
he paid Kondevski off.

Was that reported correctly? Seems like a weird hand (albeit less than 20BB deep).

Just got it from the site as is

Only reason Judds would insta shove is if he puts his opponent on JX with no hearts and hope he can run down a heart if called. Or he may have put him on an off suit KQ for the open ender. Really hard to know without knowing pre flop bets

But it does seem strange that the opponent went into the tank on the flop bet, but insta calls a shove straight after.....

Have to wait for Judds to report back

Boom!!

Hii Rolls the Dice

Posted 16 minutes ago Mateusz_Pater • Level 21: 12,000-24,000, 4,000 ante

As the players broke to the final two tables, Shiun Wei Hii found himself in trouble on the first hand at his new home. We picked it up on the turn on a board of
3s.gif
ah.gif
2s.gif
10c.gif
with a big pot already in the middle as Hii checked to Fabian Craib who bet 140,000. Hii clicked it back to 280,000 before Craib announced himself all in.

“Welcome to the table,” chirped Dean Francis as Hii was put under maximum pressure. There was mass confusion with the dealer who struggled to pull in the bet amounts, but eventually it was deemed that Craib covered, so Hii would have to call off his last 317,000 chips to stay in the hand.
After a few minutes of thought and some quick math Hii sighed, “This might be really bad but I call.”
Hii opened
7s.gif
6s.gif
for the bare flush draw as Craib was well in front with
10s.gif
10h.gif
for a set. The river bricked the
qd.gif
to see Hii to the rail as Craib is now up to a massive 1.6 million in chips.

Thanks for the sweat guys, on dinner now with 1.5m

Quick explanation of the J3 hand, it was reported correctly. He's an older guy who I have history with and is capable of raise folding hands like overpairs or jack without a heart etc. He can also call with a lot of hands I have some ok equity with, but for the most part I really believed he would raise/fold some really strong non heart hands

I opened because his bb looked weak at the time

Didn't love the play of opponent in the TT hand but happy to hold

Playing down to final table, hope I'm on it

Dude's on fire. One time, Juddy!

Harji Eliminated

Posted 2 minutes ago Mateusz_Pater • Level 22: 15,000-30,000, 5,000 ante

The action started with Fabian Craib opening to 65,000 from the cut-off. Pravin Harji was on the button, and raised to 200,000, before being met with an immediate all in for infinite chips from Craib. Harji tanked for over a minute, before reluctantly making the call.
Craib:
jc.gif
js.gif

Harji:
10s.gif
10d.gif

The board ran out
7c.gif
kh.gif
3s.gif
kc.gif
7h.gif
to see Harji hit the rail, as Craib rockets to the chip lead.

Fabian Craib
2,100,000​
560,000​
Pravin Harji
Busted

Massive chip lead now with the nuts!!! Go Judds!

Huge River for Fabian

Posted 5 minutes ago Mateusz_Pater• Level 22: 15,000-30,000, 5,000 ante
Fabian Craib has taken an enormous pot from Kwang Nguyen to now hold a clear advantage over the remaining 15 players. The hand in question saw Craib open from early position with a min-raise to 60,000. Nguyen three-bet to 125,000 and Craib called to take a flop of
3h.gif
10h.gif
qd.gif
Craib checked and then called the continuation bet of Nguyen for 175,000 to see the
6s.gif
hit the turn. Craig checked and Nguyen fired again for 200,000. The price was right for Craib who made the call as the
ah.gif
appeared on the river.
This time Craib came out swinging with a bet of 305,000. Nguyen thought briefly before tossing out a single chip to indicate a call but dropped his head in dismay when Craib showed him
kh.gif
qh.gif
for the nut flush.
Nguyen was dented to just 400,000 in chips as Craib climbs to a commanding 2.75 million.

Juddy crushing

I busted day 1a running AK into AA 22bb deep

Day 1b I ran kinda deep got very short but then busted in a lame hand cash game player opens 2x I smooth AA on button because small and big have shove stacks. They both fold flop JT4 he jams 24bb into 7bb I call and lose

Day 1c crazy table aggro guy opens 3 calls I jam KQ for 20bb or so BB calls with AQ I lose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coulda had a lot more chips though:

Thomson Spikes Two-Outer

Posted 14 minutes ago Mateusz_Pater• Level 24: 30,000-60,000, 5,000 ante
Dean Francis opened the action to 125,000 before Ian Thomson announced himself all in from the button. Fabian Craib was next to speak and he didn’t need a count as he quickly called to see Francis scamper out of the way.
Craib:
kc.gif
ks.gif

Thomson:
jc.gif
js.gif

It looked like we were going to burst the final table bubble in one clean hit but Thomson struck his two-outer on the board of
jd.gif
6h.gif
6d.gif
qd.gif
3s.gif
. Thomson survives to double to 1.7 million with Craib wondering what might have been as he slips to 1.8 million.

But at least he got this hand:

The last hand of the night saw Fabian Craib open to 125,000 from the button, with Dave Allen next to act. He thought for a minute before moving all in for 1,100,000 in chips. Craig snap-called and both players tabled their cards.
Craib:
qc.gif
qd.gif

Allen:
ks.gif
10s.gif

The board ran out
9c.gif
4s.gif
10h.gif
4c.gif
5s.gif
to see Craib hold with his pocket-queens, as Allen made his way to the cashier, finishing in 10th place, and collecting $10,975 for his efforts.
Be sure to stay tuned as we bring you an end of day wrap as soon as possible.

Thx for the sweat all

Can't complain about table position tomorrow

Think I would've had roughly 3.4m or something if the kings hold but anyway glad to get most of it back

My table was an interesting one, had Allen on my direct left and the rest really tight/passive players filling the seats. About 4 out of every 5 times it would fold to us in the blinds and we'd battle. The rest of the time we would be taking the blinds

One hand that wasn't reported was a big one where he overbet shoved the river 700k into about 450k and I tank folded trips which might have been a mistake

We'll see how we go tomorrow, looking forward to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back