Australia Summer Series 2015-16

Remove this Banner Ad

The third quick was Hazelwood, and he had an excellent debut series.

Why would he be dropped on form exactly?
The third quick spot has been a bit of a revolving door. I'm not saying Hazelwood should be dropped at all, just that it's probably not locked in.

I rate Pattinson very highly. Continual injuries though. I also think that the selectors might be keen to get Starc into the team now, rightly or wrongly.

Is Jackson Bird in the squad, or is he injured?

If we're not going to play two spinners against England I don't really see a point in playing two against the Windies- realistically we should have little trouble beating the Windies.

I totally don't get this line of thinking.

You play the XI that you think will give you the best chance of winning each test. The WIs tour isn't prep for the Ashes. If a pitch in the WIs looks like it needs two spinners to give us the best chance of a win, why wouldn't you play them?

God I wish India would **** off just for one summer.
The 09-10 summer featured two very weak sides in Pakistan and the West Indies, where Australia didn't lose a game all summer. Attendances and TV ratings dropped off which resulted in an overall debt for the summer. Cricket Australia realised to have a profit they need to have either England, India or South Africa touring each summer to ensure they will make a profit.

The 09-10 summer featured two very weak sides in Pakistan and the West Indies, where Australia didn't lose a game all summer. Attendances and TV ratings dropped off which resulted in an overall debt for the summer. Cricket Australia realised to have a profit they need to have either England, India or South Africa touring each summer to ensure they will make a profit.

Would rather South Africa tour here every summer. Their team is a masterclass in batting and fast bowling, and their fans aren't obnoxious.

Actually not a bad idea getting a 3rd country for the ODI series. Should give it a freshness instead of the usual "Now watch the same country with B players". More incentive to buy a ticket too.

Unfortunately the tri-series is only a viable alternative to a bi-lateral when India is one of the teams.

Which is a pity because tri-series are much better than bi-laterals.

Will there be a tri-series? It would be great to invite one the minnows to be the third team. Ireland?

Will there be a tri-series? It would be great to invite one the minnows to be the third team. Ireland?

Agreed. The "minnows" at the recent world cup were involved in a lot of the best games. Imagine how much better they'd be if the India's were helping Afghanistan, England helping Ireland (rather than pinching their players) or South Africa helping Zimbabwe.

For years I've wished Australia would lead the world in this - if we're going to persist with tri-series, and if we're happy to have the 2 international teams play on GEM on a Tuesday, why aren't we inviting developing teams out here to try and expand the game of cricket?

Surely cricket administrators can't be so short sighted that they don't see a need to build up global cricket. They have to realise that simply rotating England and India isn't sustainable in the long term.

Agreed. The "minnows" at the recent world cup were involved in a lot of the best games. Imagine how much better they'd be if the India's were helping Afghanistan, England helping Ireland (rather than pinching their players) or South Africa helping Zimbabwe.

For years I've wished Australia would lead the world in this - if we're going to persist with tri-series, and if we're happy to have the 2 international teams play on GEM on a Tuesday, why aren't we inviting developing teams out here to try and expand the game of cricket?

Surely cricket administrators can't be so short sighted that they don't see a need to build up global cricket. They have to realise that simply rotating England and India isn't sustainable in the long term.

But Aus/Eng/Ind rule cricket.

And they want a ten team world cup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get them with a bowling attack of Amir-Wahab-Junaid-Irfan and get Pakistan out here on some bouncy decks. :)

4 Left arm bowlers, don't think that would've happened before much, if at all.

Chuck in Zulfiqur Babar and you have yourself an entire bowling attack of left armers.

Or even Bangladesh? Instead of pretending that they don't exist for 8 years at a time...

Or even Bangladesh? Instead of pretending that they don't exist for 8 years at a time...

Damn right. I would've loved next seasons tri-series to be against NZ and Bangladesh, just as a tip of the cap and a show of respect to nations that we've ignored for nearly 2 world cup cycles, but who've made enormous gains on the field in that time.

Unfortunately the tri-series is only a viable alternative to a bi-lateral when India is one of the teams.

Which is a pity because tri-series are much better than bi-laterals.

When I say third country I mean Australia's third opponent for the season. The ODIs against India will be after the Test series against New Zealand then West Indies.

Don't think we'll see a tri-series here until 2018-19.

Last edited:
When I say third country I mean Australia's third opponent for the season. The ODIs against India will be after the Test series against New Zealand then West Indies.

Don't think we'll see a tri-series here until 2018-19.

But ODIs against India should mean a tri series, as I thought tri-series involving India is where the money is. The last three tri-series in Australia have all involved India.

West Indies' poor performance in the series just finished doesn't exactly augur well for the return series here in six months' time.

well it's not we could wave a magic wand and suddenly make them better. Would have known years ago when the FTP arrangements were made.

When is the fixture for the upcoming summer going to be released? If I remember previous years it normally would have been released by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back