Australia Test squad - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After that 148.....44, 0, 0....what is that average...sweet stuff all.
Why would you discount the century? It was a massively important innings.

Would you agree that Marsh's performance since being recalled has been respectable?

Exactly, Marsh teased again with a 100, and then did nothing.
How do you "tease" by scoring a vital century?

That's called delivering.

Then the Indian series before that he averaged about 3! He has no place in an Australian side he is less consistent than the bloke you seem hellbent in dropping despite him out performing Marsh anyway....compare BOTH their last 6 tests, Watson is better.
I don't recall arguing that Marsh should replace Watson in the Test side. Did someone else say that?

All I've said is that Marsh;s performance since being recalled was respectable. Given he averaged 48 in that series, I don't think that's particularly controversial.

Every time he was recalled he does the same thing...100 then ducks galore, coupled with the odd 10.
He's only been recalled once, right?

And yes, he made two ducks against South Africa. But would you agree that his performance overall in that series was still respectable?

After all, he averaged 48. Given that number, it seems strange to insist he didn't have a decent series.

Even at Shield level he displays these issues and that is my point- there are better bats. He doesn't have the 'excuse' that he is young, he isn't.
This would be a viable response if someone was arguing that Marsh is awesome and should definitely be in the Test side.

But no one is arguing that.

Do you understand this?

Last edited:
Why would you discount the century? It was a massively important innings.

Would you agree that Marsh's performance since being recalled has been respectable?

How do you "tease" by scoring a vital century?

That's called delivering.

I don't recall arguing that Marsh should replace Watson in the Test side. Did someone else say that?

All I've said is that Marsh;s performance since being recalled was respectable. Given he averaged 48 in that series, I don't think that's particularly controversial.

It is only respectable if you include it, even so it shows how damn inconsistent the bloke is. This is Marsh in the best ever form, he still had 2 scores under 10 in 4. That is not someone I'd want in my top 6. I'd want to BANK on someone digging in and getting a 30+, that isn't going to happen with Marsh.

It is only respectable if you include it
So in other words, it was respectable.

There's no reason to discount it, is there?

That is not someone I'd want in my top 6. I'd want to BANK on someone digging in and getting a 30+, that isn't going to happen with Marsh.
Tell me something.

What would be your ideal top six for the Australian summer series against India?

What would be your ideal top six for the Australian summer series against India?

Against India, same top six as the last test, no real need to change it.

1. Warner
2. Rogers
3. Doolan
4. Clarke
5. Smith
6. Watson

We need an A/R, especially against India who have Rahane and Pujara who play long innings. Watson is the best one. Faulkner can't bat 6 and Henriques is a dreadful option. Mitch Marsh is 12 months away (i.e. another Shield season).

Doolan to be at 3 until Jake Doran comes along and dead set of all young bats I have seen, he is the best I have EVER seen.

Against India, same top six as the last test, no real need to change it.

1. Warner
2. Rogers
3. Doolan
4. Clarke
5. Smith
6. Watson

We need an A/R, especially against India who have Rahane and Pujara who play long innings. Watson is the best one. Faulkner can't bat 6 and Henriques is a dreadful option. Mitch Marsh is 12 months away (i.e. another Shield season).
No longer keen on Head, Lynn or Burns at No.6?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/australia-test-squad-2014.1051208/page-7#post-32354692

In April, you wanted to "gamble on Lynn". What changed?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/australia-test-squad-2014.1051208/page-7#post-32354692

If Rahane wasn't scoring a trashload of runs I would. I'd be waiting for Jake Doran which won't be long, just you watch (and he will bat at 3), he is as good a bat as we have to come out of Australia. Burns would be close if we decided to abort the AR as I see him as the next bat. I am not sold on Maxwell although being silly he will tour the UAE. I just hope he doesn't play.

I can just imagine you at home, making files of every opinion someone has had on here so that 3 months later you can link to it to prove that they changed their opinion/thought. Do you use like a spreadsheet format that highlights when someone says a player should be selected and the date they said it so you can return, or do you prefer to keep a separate dossier on each poster in a document for easier reference later on?

On Shaun Marsh. That guy is a ******* gun batsman. Obviously inconsistent, but I'd nearly go as far to say as he is in the top three batsmen in Aus (based on skill/ability). His ability to just take out an attack including Steyn, Philander and Morkel at Centurion and make 150 was unreal. So so talented.

Sadly, at 31 and with injury issues, we'll never see the best of him.

I can just imagine you at home, making files of every opinion someone has had on here so that 3 months later you can link to it to prove that they changed their opinion/thought.
Once your brain fully develops, it's possible to remember stuff without "making files".

Do you use like a spreadsheet format that highlights when someone says a player should be selected and the date they said it so you can return, or do you prefer to keep a separate dossier on each poster in a document for easier reference later on?
You seem to know more about the process than I do. Tell me, what works best?

Once your brain fully develops, it's possible to remember stuff without "making files".

You seem to know more about the process than I do. Tell me, what works best?
Tell me why you dredge up things people have posted months ago? Your constant mode of operating seems to be one of trying to prove other people wrong. Why is that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rahane wasn't scoring a trashload of runs I would. I'd be waiting for Jake Doran which won't be long, just you watch (and he will bat at 3), he is as good a bat as we have to come out of Australia. Burns would be close if we decided to abort the AR as I see him as the next bat. I am not sold on Maxwell although being silly he will tour the UAE. I just hope he doesn't play.

I've heard a lot of hype about Doran, if he's half as good as people seem to think he is, he'll be the next Punter. Can't say I trust hype though, not after the hoopla about Hughes around 2008/9 and certainly not about a kid who hasn't even played first class yet.

I've heard a lot of hype about Doran, if he's half as good as people seem to think he is, he'll be the next Punter. Can't say I trust hype though, not after the hoopla about Hughes around 2008/9 and certainly not about a kid who hasn't even played first class yet.

Just frankly has a better technique than Hughes. Very strong down the ground, and good against spin bowling if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back