Australia Test squad - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a fan of playing the allrounder at 6 when our batting is still so dodgy but just hope if they do play a marsh type allrounder it's so they can squeeze in the 2nd spinner not so they can have siddle starc johnson and the pace allrounder on pitches where even 3 pace options might be overkill.

Interesting in regards to no Faulkner in the tests

Yep, think it signals a change in mindset from CA that a few of us have seen coming - not a good enough frontline seamer and can't bat in the top 6. That may well change but reckon he might be out of the test frame for a little while at least.

Quite like the squad. Seems as good a time as any to give O'Keefe a go and see how he fares. Can't really argue with many of the selections squadwise.

Hard to see the selectors being happy with two frontline pacemen + Watto, even on bunsens, so the actual XI for the first test will be interesting to see how they balance it. Leaning towards them going another all-rounder and then playing two spinners or three pacemen depending on whether they opt for Marsh or Maxwell.

Can't see why Faulkner should be in to be honest. His bowling isn't quite good enough and his batting definitely isn't good enough to warrant selection.

I agree. It's just interesting given that the selectors previously had him around all the time.

On bitsa players the ODI squad is far too bowler heavy. Abbott and Faulkner can't possibly be in the same ODI team

Not a fan of playing the allrounder at 6 when our batting is still so dodgy but just hope if they do play a marsh type allrounder it's so they can squeeze in the 2nd spinner not so they can have siddle starc johnson and the pace allrounder on pitches where even 3 pace options might be overkill.

Neither am I. Can't help but feel that test squad looks farrrrking ordinary. Hope Smith and Clarke have got their skates on if Ajmal plays. Cement feet everywhere else.

Maybe not Maxy but who knows what approach he'll choose to entertain us?

My big hope is that the pitches won't be bunsens at all but just slow as a wet week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round arm darts.
Herath basically bowls the same way and has proven very successful. When you include O'Keefe's record it is ridiculous he hasn't gotten a look in until now.

Herath basically bowls the same way and has proven very successful. When you include O'Keefe's record it is ridiculous he hasn't gotten a look in until now.

I heard he hasn't been getting a game under the "no dickhead" policy, apparently he's a knob and given his FC record that would seem to make sense, anyone else heard similar?

I heard he hasn't been getting a game under the "no dickhead" policy, apparently he's a knob and given his FC record that would seem to make sense, anyone else heard similar?

I heard that Clarke doesn't like him

Second one would be the more likely reason, if we had a no dickhead policy a fair few of our team would be missing and warner would have never made his international debut.

Second one would be the more likely reason, if we had a no dickhead policy a fair few of our team would be missing and warner would have never made his international debut.

Warner is a clearly a dickhead but he did one thing right: he made himself the no.1 supporter of Clarke. He says the things that Clarkey is too gutless to say, based on the Hussey incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back