Australia Test squad - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Be interesting who tours.

Pattinson doesn't warrant selection at the moment.

Starc played in the last test and they'll be keen to reward him for his world cup.
Assuming no Harris and no Pattinson, you'd have to say Johnson, Starc, Hazlewood and one more paceman. Could be an opening for Siddle? Or Bird? Abbott as a bolter?

Assuming no Harris and no Pattinson, you'd have to say Johnson, Starc, Hazlewood and one more paceman. Could be an opening for Siddle? Or Bird? Abbott as a bolter?

Well Bird's done nothing since his return from injury and I can't see Abbott as a test bowler.

Siddle would a reliable reserve.

I have a feeling they'll go with Siddle. If anyone notices Birds absence they'll chalk it up that they want playing County.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know but when you've got Nathan Rimmington and Andrew Fekete as the stand out pace bowlers of the Shield season you're probably going to stick with a guy who's played 52 Tests and just got 28 wickets @ 20.

I don't think that's too much of a concern at all. Some pretty good candidates who are on the fringe of test selection in Pattinson, Behrendorff, Hazlewood, Coulter-Nile and all missed very significant portions of the Shield season due to injury/Australian squad duties.

Siddle still probably is the best option for a West Indian tour.

'because of age'

I have no beef with you picking Marsh, but surtely it has to be for cricketing reasons?

Otherwise, why are you debuting a 36 year old Voges?

'because of age'

I have no beef with you picking Marsh, but surtely it has to be for cricketing reasons?

Otherwise, why are you debuting a 36 year old Voges?
Because Marsh is just as good if not better than Watson and he's far younger. If there was any chance the selectors think they are even, then Marsh should be selected due to his younger age and more upside.

Why am I debuting Voges? Because he is the 3rd best middle order batsmen in the country and therefore should be in the side?

I'd have Voges in there too, because I think he's the best man for the job.

I'd have Watson ahead of Marsh, because he is both a better batsman and bowler than Marsh, and is also the only decent first slipper we have.

If you think Marsh is better, thats fine.

I just hate this youth crap for a national cricket side. We had to put up with Cowan for 2 years while Rogers kept piling on runs purely because of age and its complete bullshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back