Australia Test squad - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Well yes, but still think his leggies (if he still bowls them) could be handy. Nothing more than that though, just handy.
Last time he bowled he was bowling medium pace. Not that it really matters though. We have a better leggy in Smith and two spinners better than him in Lyon and Voges. Voges will bowl a fair few overs if we take in three quicks, maybe even more than the actual all rounder (especially if it's Watson).

Well yes, but still think his leggies (if he still bowls them) could be handy. Nothing more than that though, just handy.

No. There are proper spin bowlers, then proper spin part-timers, (Clarke, Smith and probably Voges) then there are tripe spin bowlers like Davey Warner, then way down the back in the really s**t seats, probably stuck behind a pylon... is Aaron Finch.

with the 2nd test starting on wednesday and assuming rogers is good to go, what should be the make up of the XI?

will they sit rogers out and save him for the ashes - no need to rush him back ? or is he a certainty?

clarke, smith, warner are locks , voges got a ton and man of the match - so it leaves s.marsh or watto to miss if rogers is rushed back.

m.marsh, siddle, ahmed and nevill may not get a chance now until the ashes or bangladesh tours.

My team for the 2nd test
Rogers
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Voges
MMarsh
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

Would love for it to be Watson out for Rogers, but in reality it will probably be Marsh who makes way.

It's difficult to see how, but I just get this sense that everyone in the Australian setup is super keen to see how Ahmed performs in international cricket. Starc bowling well makes it virtually impossible but never say never. Would be pretty arrogant but I could envisage Johnson being 'rested' of some niggle or minor strain.

Would love for it to be Watson out for Rogers, but in reality it will probably be Marsh who makes way.

It's difficult to see how, but I just get this sense that everyone in the Australian setup is super keen to see how Ahmed performs in international cricket. Starc bowling well makes it virtually impossible but never say never. Would be pretty arrogant but I could envisage Johnson being 'rested' of some niggle or minor strain.

Be very interesting if they did rest Johnson. He looks a bit knackered to me, but his bowling was still reasonably good.

How could Johnson be knackered? What's he been doing?

For the Ashes.

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Voges
Maxwell
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Hazlewood
Harris

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the Ashes.

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Voges
Maxwell
Haddin
Johnson
Starc
Hazlewood
Harris
Why Maxwell? What does he bring to the table that a Watson or a Marsh doesn't? I personally see no other reason, other than having an extra spin option, to bring him in.

Why Maxwell? What does he bring to the table that a Watson or a Marsh doesn't? I personally see no other reason, other than having an extra spin option, to bring him in.
Because he picked 4 quicks, which won't work in England (or pretty much anywhere these days)

Because he picked 4 quicks, which won't work in England (or pretty much anywhere these days)

We want to go in with five bowlers - four seam options and an off spinner.

I think Maxwell is closer to Lyon than M Marsh or Watson is to Starc, and Maxwell frankly is probably a better bat than Marsh or Watson recently.

I think that lineup would have England s***ing themselves, and if they start to dodge together some spin friendly wickets, we adapt.

I think Maxwell is closer to Lyon than M Marsh or Watson is to Starc, and Maxwell frankly is probably a better bat than Marsh or Watson recently.

I think that lineup would have England s***ing themselves, and if they start to dodge together some spin friendly wickets, we adapt.

Im expecting that Birmingham and Nottingham will take spin , as well as the London oval if we need a result . If I was running things there would be 5 spinning minefields...

Im just pleased that the venues that suit Australia wont feature in the series ( Manchester , Leeds , Southampton ) .

Im expecting that Birmingham and Nottingham will take spin , as well as the London oval if we need a result . If I was running things there would be 5 spinning minefields...

Im just pleased that the venues that suit Australia wont feature in the series ( Manchester , Leeds , Southampton ) .

Lord's

I give you Exhibit A...the last test in the UAE...that 'better bat than Marsh or Watson recently' was embracing! Maxwell is not and never will be a test bat. Plus he is so far out of form it isn't funny...then his off spinners are nothing more than 'handy'. You need a foot line spinner. Why are we changing a side that is 1-0 up in a series after coming off a win at home in the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back