Australia Test squad - 2015

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Do we drop Voges? Under an injury cloud, hasn't passed 50 in the first two Tests, and has now failed in the tour match. Watson bludgeoning the Derbyshire bowling (61 off 45, with 5 fours and 4 sixes) too.

Warner
S. Marsh
Smith
Watson
Clarke (C) (needs to go back to #5 IMO)
M. Marsh
Nevill +
Johnson
Siddle (if Starc isn't fit)
Hazlewood
Lyon

Bit of a bits and pieces line-up, but what can we do?

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do we drop Voges? Under an injury cloud, hasn't passed 50 in the first two Tests, and has now failed in the tour match. Watson bludgeoning the Derbyshire bowling (61 off 45, with 5 fours and 4 sixes) too.

Warner
S. Marsh
Smith
Watson
Clarke (C) (needs to go back to #5 IMO)
M. Marsh
Nevill +
Johnson
Siddle (if Starc isn't fit)
Hazlewood
Lyon

Bit of a bits and pieces line-up, but what can we do?

Haha.

Just what exactly has Watson done to force his inclusion :drunk:

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
I enjoy listening to these local radio county cricket commentators (and Geoff Lemon). The local guys really know their cricket both regionally and internationally. You don't have those painful mistakes that constantly litter TV broadcasts and sometimes even TMS depending who is on, which prove that the commentators don't pay much attention to cricket unless they are paid.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
How about no. We finally get rid of the lemon and you want to bring him back?

Haha.

Just what exactly has Watson done to force his inclusion :drunk:

Well, Watson has scored more runs (270 runs in 7 innings @ 38.57) on this English tour than Voges (108 runs in 6 innings @ 18.00) and Haddin (107 runs in 5 innings @ 26.75) put together...

Well, Watson has scored more runs (270 runs in 7 innings @ 38.57) on this English tour than Voges (108 runs in 6 innings @ 18.00) and Haddin (107 runs in 5 innings @ 26.75) put together...

How about we open with Rogers (he should be fine) and play S.Marsh at 4 or 5....I mean come on 5 years of Watson being as average as anything and you want him back...jeez!

yabsy

Club Legend
Nov 25, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Spurs, Oilers, Twins
Clarke has an average of around 31 at no.4 & over 60 at no.5 (more innings as well). Surely the smart thing to do to get out of this trough, would be to move back down to his favoured position where he's had some much success

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Clarke has an average of around 31 at no.4 & over 60 at no.5 (more innings as well). Surely the smart thing to do to get out of this trough, would be to move back down to his favoured position where he's had some much success

Clarke's trough has more to do with a shitty back then anything else

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I enjoy listening to these local radio county cricket commentators (and Geoff Lemon). The local guys really know their cricket both regionally and internationally. You don't have those painful mistakes that constantly litter TV broadcasts and sometimes even TMS depending who is on, which prove that the commentators don't pay much attention to cricket unless they are paid.

The young bloke who was on with Lemon had me genuinely laughing with his anecdotes about ball tampering.

Loved their combination of sarcastic cricketing humour.

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
The young bloke who was on with Lemon had me genuinely laughing with his anecdotes about ball tampering.

Loved their combination of sarcastic cricketing humour.

BBC County circuit online makes for good listening. I wish ABC did that for Shield matches, it's an excellent service. WA of course are spoilt with the radio coverage.

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
BBC County circuit online makes for good listening. I wish ABC did that for Shield matches, it's an excellent service. WA of course are spoilt with the radio coverage.

Yeah the sportfm guys are a good listen. Can be frustrating when they get caught up on the one topic though - Minnow in particular.

Back