Socceroos AUSTRALIA V JAPAN-TONIGHT @ 9.30pm EST (Live on Fox/ABC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Smith, Jake Brimmer, Daniel De Silva, Peter Skapetis, Kosta Petratos, Cameron Burgess, Mustafa Amini, Kwame Yeboah, Adam Taggart

That's just a list of players 21 or under who will be stars. That's not including slightly older players who are 21-23 like Tom Rogic, Tommy Oar, Jason Davidson, Trent Sainsbury, Matt Ryan, Josh Brillante, Matthew Leckie, Tomi Juric.

In four years time at the next World Cup we'll have a real decent crack with all the young players breaking through and Ange replacing the oldies.

You just have no ******* clue what you're talking about.

how can you say any of those will be stars? how many players would have been in that category 5 years ago and haven't become a star? Leckie, Davidson (struggling to make the West Brom team atm) and Oar are the only few who have actually shown anything from that list to say they can compete at world cup level. they all have potential sure but will any of them actually be there in 4 years time?

like i said before, we are never gonna have "a real crack" at a WC until we fix up our league. there is no evidence that a couple of players who had a good game against Malaysia at u20s level will help us in 2018

how can you say any of those will be stars? how many players would have been in that category 5 years ago and haven't become a star? Leckie, Davidson (struggling to make the West Brom team atm) and Oar are the only few who have actually shown anything from that list to say they can compete at world cup level. they all have potential sure but will any of them actually be there in 4 years time?

like i said before, we are never gonna have "a real crack" at a WC until we fix up our league. there is no evidence that a couple of players who had a good game against Malaysia at u20s level will help us in 2018

The rest haven't shown anything because they're under 21, a good portion of that list are 17-19 year olds. You don't really crack the first team until after you're 20. Also of course Davidson is struggling to make the West Brom side, Lescott is a way better player than Davidson. That's nothing against Davidson but there's a reason Man City had Lescott.

What do you expect from the A-League? It's only been in competition for 10 years and only in the last 5 years has it started to take off a bit. But so far it's done well because a lot of the players I mentioned above have been poached by big European clubs after starting in the A-League.

There is evidence that these players will help us in 2018 if you watch more than the Malaysian game, which you obviously haven't because you've yet again proven you have no clue in what you're talking about.

Last edited:

The rest haven't shown anything because they're under 21, a good portion of that list are 17-19 year olds. You don't really crack the first team until after you're 20. Also of course Davidson is struggling to make the West Brom side, Lescott is a way better player than Davidson. That's nothing against Davidson but there's a reason Man City had Lescott.

What do you expect from the A-League? It's only been in competition for 10 years and only in the last 5 years has it started to take off a bit. But so far it's done well because a lot of the players I mentioned above have been poached by big European clubs after starting in the A-League.

There is evidence that these players will help us in 2018 if you watch more than the Malaysian game, which you obviously haven't because you've yet again proven you have no clue in what you're talking about.

exactly! there is little to say we are gonna have a real crack at 2018 (if we even make it) because we have very few players in that 20-24 gap that have shown they can be as good as players from 10 years ago. why would you list them (under 20 players) if they haven't shown anything? that was what i asked a few posts ago.

the a-league is not the issue. it is the structure and pathway players have to reaching it, which i have slowly start to realise is extremely poor.

as i said 1 game against a team that is nothing in the football world. Nabbout kills the youth league yet he is not up to standards and probably never will be for a-league level.

It's about people talking about things they know nothing about. He also comes into the Melb City thread just to troll.

so are you saying the structure is perfect and we will make it far into the world cup? based on 1 game against Malaysia???

triple post....

have a listen to what Viduka said last night on santo, sam and ed. replay on now fwiw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back