Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted a pecking order some time back which went;
Tier 1 M Johnson, R Harris
Tier 2 J Hazelwood, J Pattinson, P Siddle, P Cummins
Tier 3 B Hilfenhaus, D Bollinger, J Bird, J Behrendorff
Tier 4 the rest

I would be surprised if the went outside this subject to injury and performance. They like pace and height in that order, guys like Sayers are coming from a long way back.

Starc?

Smith's 2014

115, 7, 100, 49, 0, 84, 36*, 22, 55, 0, 97, 162*, 52*, 59*

Basically the anti-Haddin
Haddin had a dominant 2013 with the bat, why do people continually hang s**t on the bloke? He was massive in our Ashes win, and kept us competitive over in England. It's a bit ridiculous the s**t he cops on here

32 from 70 odd balls isn't good enough. Unfortunately, Marsh will never be a good test player.
That's a perfectly fine run rate for test cricket. Just once he gets a start he can't throw his wicket away

India still ahead, if they can grab an early wicket or two then Australia will be in big trouble. Thought the Indians bowled okay, lots of room for improvement though. too much back of a length stuff rather than genuine short stuff, especially to smith and marsh. Way too many boundary balls too, although they kept trying all day and the pace was good by Aaron and yadav. Ashwin was impressive, kept the pressure on Aussie batsmen by setting up a good field and bowling in the right areas. I hope Australia get rolled tomorrow, yadav for a 5fer!

A lot of players on both sides got starts but didn't go onto make a big score. Pitch is probs a bit more difficult then it seems or it could be s**t concentration/lack of proper test match application towards batting. Hazelwood pick of the bowlers in the test so far. I wonder how much trouble m.marsh hamstring will give him. I hope the indian bowlers exploit it and really rough him up along with Steve smith. Both looked too comfortable/at ease today.

It's hard not to see why now. How he was ever picked at 19 was ridiculous. Same with Cummins. Might have worked in 1 test but thats the only sample we have. In Cummins' FC career though there is enough sample to say that he could be like Starc.
I look forward to your excuses when Cummins returns to the test lineup and excels(hopefully not this series though).
It's working pretty well for Warner at the moment.

32 from 70 odd balls isn't good enough. Unfortunately, Marsh will never be a good test player.
What's wrong with the strike rate? Around 50 is about average in test cricket

What's wrong with the strike rate? Around 50 is about average in test cricket
Strike rate is the least of his worries. His reaction after he was dropped sort of typified the problems with his mental approach to the game. Just couldn't re-focus at all.

I posted a pecking order some time back which went;
Tier 1 M Johnson, R Harris
Tier 2 J Hazelwood, J Pattinson, P Siddle, P Cummins
Tier 3 B Hilfenhaus, D Bollinger, J Bird, J Behrendorff
Tier 4 the rest

I would be surprised if the went outside this subject to injury and performance. They like pace and height in that order, guys like Sayers are coming from a long way back.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd opt for Faulkner before any of the tier 4s

Strike rate is the least of his worries. His reaction after he was dropped sort of typified the problems with his mental approach to the game. Just couldn't re-focus at all.
I know. He is a quality batter but is so inconsistent. Needs to work on his mental side of cricket

Marsh does the hard work and throws his wicket away.. really frustrating. Smith flying the flag once again.

smith is turning into a god send

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haddin had a dominant 2013 with the bat, why do people continually hang s**t on the bloke? He was massive in our Ashes win, and kept us competitive over in England. It's a bit ridiculous the s**t he cops on here

Hang s**t on him because he misses a chance every match, and has only averaged above 30 once in his past 7 series.

I don't think people give Faulkner enough credit for his bowling. I think he can be on the Shaun Pollock level if given the chance

Not enough tricks in Shield level. Needs to prove himself as a top 6 bat. His bowling is never going to be good enough to be in the top 3 quicks enless we have 15 injuries. He is solid nothing more, nothing less.

18.00 19.00 33.33 28.66 25.50 22.88 61.62 6.5 11.25 14#

Not enough tricks at Shield level? The bloke averages 24 with the ball.

Yes and nowhere near that in the last 2 seasons. Current form is everything. Especially when you have Hazelwood, MJ, Cummins (will be), Pattinson, etc. All these bowlers have more ability to bowl test sides out. I don't doubt Faulkner could do a job, but I question whether that is good enough when we have more attacking wicketakers available.

All this talk of Cummins. He has played like 1 FC game in 3 years and looks like the selectors wont be picking him for this Shield season either. He on a fast track to becoming the next Shaun Tait the way these imbeciles are "managing his workload".

In junior cricket, players are given a mindset that the must score runs, the play a shot to every ball they face. It's that simple. Refreshingly Greg Chappell may finally be starting to get the message twenty years too late. It's one thing to play positively, another to play correctly and each ball on its merits.

Yes, I'm not advocating we need to have batsmen prepared to just occupy the crease, they also need to be looking at ways to score with every ball. However, they need to face reality that not every ball can be scored from. These are the balls you just let go, or block.

Marsh's dismissal was a ball that was short and outside off, so bowled and LBW were out of the question. It was to close to cut, not far enough away to make hooking or pulling a risky shot, and not full enough to drive. 9 times out of 10, you can only get out to playing a shot at that ball, he needs to be leaving it alone.

There's no adverb in the English language strong enough to convey how predictable it is that Watson will get a start and throw his wicket away between 20 and 40.

I tried combining utterly, completely, extremely, thoroughly, and absolutely - it still fell short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back