Suspended
Sep 8, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Scorchers, Glory, Southampton
IN Burns, Harris OUT M. Marsh, Starc

Australia XI: David Warner, Chris Rogers, Shane Watson, Steve Smith, Shaun Marsh, Joe Burns, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood.

Looks like it will be cool and, mostly, dry for five days.
Slight chance of rain this morning into early afternoon today, and small chance on the 30th.

Overcast and cool today, which might leave a bit more life in the pitch for longer if there is any to begin with.

Burns is not a number 6. Watson is not a number 3. Ridiculous batting order, both swap positions and it's perfect for both of them. I also don't think Shaun Marsh is a number 5 but that's where he's been batting for WA.
It was pouring south east of Victoria at about 7:30am. Very patchy rain though. It seems to have cleared up now though
Very on and off. Another little patch of light rain just stopped.

Burns is not a number 6. Watson is not a number 3. Ridiculous batting order, both swap positions and it's perfect for both of them. I also don't think Shaun Marsh is a number 5 but that's where he's been batting for WA.

Agree. Very surprised to see the stated batting order. The batting order can be changed though so I am hoping that Watson and Burns will in fact swap.

Very on and off. Another little patch of light rain just stopped.
Agree with the bold. Burns is opening these days but has played plenty in the middle order for Qld. Six would be ideal to come in, if all the five above deserved to be above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it might get taken that way lol, but I meant for TN25 and some others talking about certain commentators. hahaha
But if we can't complain about Michael Slater what are going to do? Complaining about Watson is all well and good, but he'll only take part for 15 minutes if Australia bats first.

Agree. Very surprised to see the stated batting order. The batting order can be changed though so I am hoping that Watson and Burns will in fact swap.

Rightly or wrongly, the Aussies have tended to slot new batsmen into the line-up at 5 or 6.

There is some speculation that because Watson was struck on the head in the nets he might bat somewhere other than 3. What rubbish. If he isn't right he won't play. If he is right he will bat where they put him.

is watson married to someone importants mum? the more poorly thee guy plays the more glowing the reviews of his performance and general importance to the team become. Its like s marsh the closer hegets to his inevitable failure as a team player he gets the more 'gifted' he becomes.

is watson married to someone importants mum? the more poorly thee guy plays the more glowing the reviews of his performance and general importance to the team become. Its like s marsh the closer hegets to his inevitable failure as a team player he gets the more 'gifted' he becomes.
That happens with everyone who is under pressure though. And I'd rather see it that way, at least from the players and in public form others around the team. Once he is in the side, those aroiund him should be backing him rather than putting more pressure on him. I'd hate to see them sniping at each other (and despite publicly campaigning for certain spots in the order over a number of years, even Watson hasn't actually had a go at another player in the media).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back