Australia vs New Zealand 3rd Test Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

RE noise - Warne rabbits on about hitting the pad.
Watch at 2.20 - yep, bat hits pad. But let the film run on for a couple more seconds and tell me what the click is at 2.25. (Also shows up at 2.45). If that;s not ball hitting bat - what is it?

It's not conclusive. If anything I thought technology (except Hot Spot) confirmed the original decision. Umpire's call.
Mate at this point there's about 3 inches of air between bat and ball

I'll say it again - I thought Khawaja was out. There's a visible deflection, there's a noise.

It's not conclusive. If anything I thought technology (except Hot Spot) confirmed the original decision. Umpire's call.
No hot spot or noise. If they had RTS, which showed nothing it would have been overturned.

Anyway, New Zealand asked for a please explain, and the ICC says Llong made the wrong call.

Are people still going on about this decision? This is what DRS has brought to the game.

People who like sooking about the umps screwing them over would be doing it with or without drs, instead of it's all llongs fault it would be it's all ravi's fault.

Still can't understand how drs gets all the blame here, people can screw up using any system and others will blame those screw ups for losing no matter the system.

Last edited:
Without it we would still be talking about the decision, and why there isn't a DRS type system in place.

I doubt it. Most people thought Lyon was not out until they started carrying on about it. I have watched Test cricket for 50 years, seen a handful of obvious bad decisions, the rest we don't know if they're good or bad. Cricket needs DRS like a hole in the head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back