• Julie Bishop

• Scott Morrison

• Andrew Robb

• Someone from the LIberal Party other than those above

• Bill Shorten

• Someone from the Labor Party other than Shorten

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

OP thinks climate change is bullshit too. A genuine mental pygmy.
There is also a thread on the cricket board from about 3 years ago where Dan was claiming T20 to be the true pure form of cricket as we know it. I'll dig it up tomorrow (if no one else does first). Epic read. How can one person be so wrong on so many things?

If Turnbull is prevented from installing a more centrist direction for the coalition, then he too will get the shaft by the voters. I think the Victorian and Queensland state elections, along with Tony Abbott's record low popularity, indicates that the voting public don't want far right policies.
I doubt Turnbull takes the job if it means he can't install his own agenda. He may promise not to go unilateral on climate change but I'd guess that that would be about it. His ego is enormous and he wouldn't have stayed in politics past the 2010 election if it meant all he could achieve was to be a shill for the very people who betrayed him in the first place.

Morrison is too young (45), the less informed in the electorate don't know much about him, and the more informed probably hate his guts because of immigration. He will want some time to gain more experience (treasurer apparently) and so that people can forget his time of Minister for Immigration.

There is also a thread on the cricket board from about 3 years ago where Dan was claiming T20 to be the true pure form of cricket as we know it. I'll dig it up tomorrow (if no one else does first). Epic read. How can one person be so wrong on so many things?
Ask Tones.
Only Dan perhaps realises he was wrong, where as good old Tones is still saying that Australia's deficit is a spending issue not a revenue one, that cutting services to the poorest and sickest to fund big poluters and tax dodging by multinationals is "adult" policy etc.

If Tony had taken a leaf out of Dan's book and fd right off months ago, the Liberal party and the nation might be in better shape.

Essendon 2000 is the greatest team of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has always been an absolute dud and nothing more, I struggle to understand how people didn't see this before last election.

When your key election promise is to "stop the boats" you clearly have very little vision on how to make Australia a better place.

Worst PM we have ever had. Well and truly in the pockets of the wealthy & famous - he has done nothing but try to divide this country into the rich and the poor.

Especially since a moderate amount of illegal immigrants have been proven to benefit the economy of developed countries.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...984-illegal-immigrants-benefit-the-us-economy
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dougban...n-benefits-the-u-s-so-lets-legalize-all-work/
http://www.cfr.org/immigration/economic-logic-illegal-immigration/p12969

Apparently throwing them all in an off-shore prison doesn't achieve the same effect.

Essendon 2000 is the greatest team of all time.
At least that thread he has a claim. Even if people don't think they were the best, they were a bloody good team. His relentless year in year out pursuit of the topic is rather interesting.
Aspergers.
Probably right (Maybe even been confirmed?).

Especially since a moderate amount of illegal immigrants have been proven to benefit the economy of developed countries.

http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...984-illegal-immigrants-benefit-the-us-economy
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dougban...n-benefits-the-u-s-so-lets-legalize-all-work/
http://www.cfr.org/immigration/economic-logic-illegal-immigration/p12969

Apparently throwing them all in an off-shore prison doesn't achieve the same effect.
That's bipartisan policy at the moment, and policy I expect to stay given the near hysterical response to Australia actually doing it's proper duty under the UNHCR.

The sooner the PM understands that he was elected PM largely because he wasn't Kevin Rudd or Julia Gillard and he didn't represent the ALP, the sooner he will understand why people are turning on him. To just mention Rudd/Gillard/chaos over and over may have worked eighteen months ago, but it is ringing hollow now. As yet he has shown no sign of getting this.

The sooner the PM understands that he was elected PM largely because he wasn't Kevin Rudd or Julia Gillard and he didn't represent the ALP, the sooner he will understand why people are turning on him. To just mention Rudd/Gillard/chaos over and over may have worked eighteen months ago, but it is ringing hollow now. As yet he has shown no sign of getting this.
It's the last of the many things the Liberals constantly, vociferously attacked Labor for, which they haven't done themselves yet. If they swapped leaders it will be complete.

Everything they complained about, everything they lied about, was exactly what they did.

The Liberal Party hold themselves as being the better financial managers but Howard showed (bought) that they can also be good in the area of social policies.
This is where I believe people have turned off this government. It just went whack, whack on social policies with their 'leaner and lifters', 'poor don't drive' etc.
I tend to agree with what is being said by Andrew laming.

It's the last of the many things the Liberals constantly, vociferously attacked Labor for, which they haven't done themselves yet. If they swapped leaders it will be complete.

Everything they complained about, everything they lied about, was exactly what they did.

my biggest concern with this government which was a similar concern with Rudd and Gillard was the "need" to do everything at once.

why on earth would you reform health, education, social welfare etc all at once?

why not tackle one of these issues, do it properly and gain the confidence of the electorate over time and then tackle the next issue? The implementation of the GST was an example of how to make a change and follow up with a consolidation period where the electorate can see the benefits.

now the libs are in a pickle. will they show a lack of discipline and throw Tony out or do they stick with the mullet? the mature thing would be to agree in house Tony will lead until 12 months (or other agreed period) from the election. but they will f this up no doubt.

my biggest concern with this government which was a similar concern with Rudd and Gillard was the "need" to do everything at once.

why on earth would you reform health, education, social welfare etc all at once?

why not tackle one of these issues, do it properly and gain the confidence of the electorate over time and then tackle the next issue? The implementation of the GST was an example of how to make a change and follow up with a consolidation period where the electorate can see the benefits.

now the libs are in a pickle. will they show a lack of discipline and throw Tony out or do they stick with the mullet? the mature thing would be to agree in house Tony will lead until 12 months (or other agreed period) from the election. but they will f this up no doubt.
They didn't "need" to reform education to suit their own agenda - Gonski was a long running paper that utilized an evidence based approach to improving the education system in Australia.

Nor did they need to reform the social services sector within the first 12 months of government - The Shergold report was driving a Social services overhaul in Victoria which they could easily use as a benchmark for reform once the results of those changes were established. Given Shergold's Lib links and the Lib government at the time, you'd think effective policy and the support from their own side would have made this a no-brainer. Again, evidence-shunning in lieu of ideology.

Healthcare does need reform but they have very quickly gotten the AMA offside with repeated policy mis-steps. Again, pissing off a highly regarded group who could have been used to inform policy is not clever.

For all their talk of "not selling the message adequately", they clearly have avoided the most basic aspects of policy-making and that is their biggest problem.

Don't worry. That clearly isn't PR's "biggest concern" anyway. He has agendas far more obvious than thinking that the tens of politicians, hundreds of political staff, thousands of advisers, and tens of thousands of federal public service workers in Canberra can't work on more than one issue at a time.

Back