Australian Border Force and Victoria Police conducting random Visa checks on the streets

Remove this Banner Ad

Bleeding heart warning - The truth may offend.

Face it, all our border force/ counter terrorism units are not focusing on white people.
How dare you accuse Border Force of being racist from the comfort of your granny flat! Weak, dumb coward.

Withdraw that comment or go live in another country if you don't appreciate what our forces have to do in the name of the governments we vote in.

Border Force.

Sounds like something the creators of Danger 5 would come up with.

I can hear Tone in the cabinet room saying "Operation 'Snatch the Illegal Darkies' has been given the green light under the guise of a joint protection operation with the Victorian Police. No one suspects a thing!! Mwuuhhahahahahahahahhahahaha!!"

"Deploy Border Force now!"

*ing muppets we have for leaders.:rolleyes:
Tone's toy soldiers. Merged themselves with Immigration and rebranded everything. An embarrassing lot right down to the giant blue border around all the stationary, computers etc. The head of immigration's title is called Secretary, Border force head calls himself "Commander." :drunk:

You are typing what only racist morons are thinking.

Picture_226_400x400.png

Anyone think Dutton will hang on in the Ministry after Abbott?

They might keep him around to give them the best chance of holding his seat but sheesh.

The duck and cover isn't going to last long either.

How can we expect any better from a walking potato?

B6LGitkCMAAA3mg.jpg

My goodness our Maggie is hard to please.

For months she has been moaning and groan and obsessing about visa overstayers.

Obsess obsess obsess but when the Vic Police actually try and do something about it ......:D:D:D
Glad to know you support a policy of racial profiling designed to harass immigrants Jane. Will you be handing out the crescent moon identification badges so we know which people the government wish us to be fearful of in public?

The media hot take is that Mark Di Stefano and Buzzfeed are now legit up there as the best political newsbreakers in the land.
I dunno about the best, but Buzzfeed is legitimate and have been for a while now

Too bad their s**t pop culture and click bait stuff drag their reputation through the mud.

I dunno about the best, but Buzzfeed is legitimate and have been for a while now

Too bad their s**t pop culture and click bait stuff drag their reputation through the mud.

Probably should have said among the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buzzfeed don't do clickbait. Or at least haven't done it for a while.

The Herald Sun and The Age are infinitely worse with clickbait.

Chinese!!! Careful, your cloak of acceptance is slipping and the xenophobia is beginning to show.

not xenophobia, it's a fact...how do you feel about the fact that the Chinese can bring in their own workers at the expense of Australian jobs? You reckon the CCP would allow Twiggy Forrest to use FIFO workers if he had operations in China?

Abbott and his office have no re-election strategy. They're just trying to stay until the election. And they're figuring out that's not going to happen, and will keep doing stupid s**t while they can before Turnbull/Bishop/Morrison take over and do a clean out.

Can you please expand on this.

Which bit? The way Abbott has had to flail about for a week insisting the Yanks asked him makes it pretty obvious.

Good on Melbourne, and good on these protesters. It is good to see the youth of Australia put their ice habits on hold for a couple of hours and protest.

Good on Melbourne, and good on these protesters. It is good to see the youth of Australia put their nice habits on hold for a couple of hours and protest.
Fixed your typo for you. It almost looked like you were one of those people who believe everything they read online.

IMO, it would've got called off even without the protest. The non-Border Force authorities in the operation would've demanded answers as soon as they saw the PR release. ABF's answers were unacceptable. As these aren't 'on-water matters' presumably we will hear explanations soon.

I wonder if News Corp will harangue them with the same outrage they reserve for an ABC tweet?

I really don't want to be this guy, but wouldn't of it been a lot cheaper just having maybe 1-2 of the border force guys turn up in Mildura during fruit picking season?

It wasn't about "Visa overstayers"

I really don't want to be this guy, but wouldn't of it been a lot cheaper just having maybe 1-2 of the border force guys turn up in Mildura during fruit picking season?

It wasn't about "Visa overstayers"
I actually assumed it would be about that, and that there would turn out to be a decent explanation (e.g. they'd been tipped off about some businesses and that's why Taxi officials were part of it). Of course that didn't fit with the language of 'stopping anti-social behaviour and helping Melbournians get home safe', so you have to wonder who lied to who throughout the set-up of 'Operation Fortitude'.

Maybe it's the closeness of 'Fortitude' to 'Fortress of Solitude' but if we look at the whole thing from the 'this was racist' point of view could the whole point of announcing the operation 24 hours beforehand have been to give a heads-up to English-speaking workers so that the 'optics' didn't show too many white people getting caught out?

We must be given an explanation. A grab on ABC24 seemed to show a junior Minister on Sky this morning saying that 'the Govt will never sanction random checking of Australians'.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back