Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

Really poor tournament from Australia. Only one player can truly say they excelled throughout - Maxwell. He was terrific.

A few nice cameos with the bat from Finch, but not enough.

Warner looked very tired having barely had a break over the past few months.

Bowlers gave us not much at all. Was impressed with Muirhead but other than that some pretty ordinary displays.

Thanks to Hodge and Hogg for their service but I highly doubt we'll see them representing Australia again. Time to step aside.

We're just a very poor T20 side and that was reflected in this tournament. I have absolutely no idea why we were considered one of the pre-tournament favourites.

I reckon we still pick the wrong team for these tournaments.
Warner, Watson and Haddin should have all been rested after playing in The Ashes and in the domestic ODI's during the Summer.
Starc looked short of match fitness and why we took Bollinger over there is still a mystery to me.
And if they're going to take Hodge, bat him where he'll be effective, and not down the order.
All things being equal, this would be my best XI

Finch
White
Hodge
Maxwell
Bailey
Lynn
Paine
Coulter-Nile
Lee
Behrendorf (WA)
Joyce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets give it a session, lndia are going to score at least 30% behind gully/point.

Which Cook won't set a field for.

True. You'd seriously have to have a 3rd man for this pitch. Just to stop that push/cut down there to rotate the strike.
Why they'd leave that much grass on it is really puzzling as there is rain forecast over the weekend.

They'll be playing lawn bowls.

I just checked out the weather forecast for London and today & tomorrow is going to be warm (28 & 31 degrees respectively) and then there is rain forecast over the weekend. It's going to be a green top for all 5 days IMO.

I just checked out the weather forecast for London and today & tomorrow is going to be warm (28 & 31 degrees respectively) and then there is rain forecast over the weekend. It's going to be a green top for all 5 days IMO.
Its ok, half the population of London will be dead after this 'heatwave'. That'll take the focus off the test.

Its ok, half the population of London will be dead after this 'heatwave'. That'll take the focus off the test.

David Lloyd said it was sultry in London today...
F****n' sultry my arse... He should know what sultry is - he's just been in Australia for a few months over Summer.

Poms folded like a deck of cards.:oops:

Cook averaging 14 this year and Stuart Broad is apparently suggesting and blaming the hotel they stayed in, apparently it is haunted....:eek:

Aussie crowds are going to have fun with that on his next tour.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back