Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

Oops forgot the number of overs, which is quite important. I have the scoreboard loaded in the corner of my computer at work, plus there is a guy at work with the cricket on the radio.

Should have gone to bed early. No surprises here. Just like all summer. Outclassed them.

Here's to next Thursday being the same. Us just outclassing them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lara said we should have scored 400
Kp said not enough
A score of 300+ once was a miracle
Runs on the board
Pressure
Intent
Discipline
Execute
Mental toughness
What works for cricket works for footy ironman life

I thought Dhoni did alright.

Rahane was the handbreak on their innings i reckon.
Disagree with that. India needed to increase the run rate 15 overs out and Dhoni started playing like it was a test match. Never even gave them a chance of hitting the runs. As the captain of the team, he should be leading the way and I don't think he did that anywhere near well enough.

Then there was the runout he gave up on...

This article is damning:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...in-subdued-style/story-fnqpo3wn-1227280403934

Don't know what was going on with him but it never really seemed like his head was in that run chase.

Run a ball 65 ain't so bad. Throwing his wicket away was pointless at that stage, but it's a tough situation to be in. Aboslutely agree about the runout though!

Australia's batting depth compared to India's was really glaring. Our tail end dragged us to a decent enough score when 280-290 looked all too possible. Johnson really ripped their heart out a bit at the end i reckon.

Run a ball 65 ain't so bad. Throwing his wicket away was pointless at that stage, but it's a tough situation to be in. Aboslutely agree about the runout though!

Australia's batting depth compared to India's was really glaring. Our tail end dragged us to a decent enough score when 280-290 looked all too possible. Johnson really ripped their heart out a bit at the end i reckon.
Johnson making runs always seems to do wonders for his bowling. Gives him that bit of confidence, I can see him having a big final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back