Australian Fantasy Football League (AFFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 20, 2005
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Hi all

AFFL is the people’s game, developed by AFL fans just like you. The community is growing and the forum is a great place to get to know other dedicated Footy fans and fantasy-coaches. Here is some basic information about us -

• Free to Play
• Scoring based on Champion Data (Supercoach format)
• Involves all current AFL clubs and players
• 100% Control over trading, drafting and list management
• Compete with other human managers

In our opinion, AFFL is the best online Australian Rules Football manager game, but the site will continue to work hard to constantly improve it with new features, ideas and upgrades.

The site has been active since the 2007 Home and Away AFL Season. Since then, in excess of 5,000 trades have been made, and over 600 draft picks have been taken. The forum is also constantly buzzing, with over 73,950+ posts since the site opened. That’s 10,564 posts per year!

If you’re a die-hard fantasy footy fan, we’d love to have you sign up. Spots come up from time to time and it's without a doubt the best ongoing AFL fantasy game I've been apart of, and the league is getting stronger every season.

AFFL - home of the elite.

Last edited:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to bump this thread as we're currently looking to replace a coach on AFFL who has gone inactive. The team is Essendon and you can view their best 22 here.

The game itself has been running since 2007 and although we're currently in the off-season trading is all year round so it's a great time to join.

Hope to hear from you soon.

I already play fantasy footy games with key positions in it.
It seems you guys are waiting on Prospectus coming out to update positions in your own game. Why wait when no real need ?
I would suggest you open your mind to another way to update your lists from a source you probably not aware of.
To be honest it is basically close enough to the same as Prospectus categories of Gen Fwd, Gen Def, Key Fwd, Key Def, Ruck, Mid and Mid Fwd.
Prospectus has 7 categories. Well AFL Player ratings system has 7 also on the web at
http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/overall-standings
The only difference is they call the categories of Gen Fwd and Gen Def as Small/Medium Forward and Small/Medium Defender.

You can sort players by clubs and category type to suit your needs.
The one thing it has not updated is the new draftees or where players got traded over recent months.
But you will find the most important updates already done such as Sam Rowe categorized as Key Defender.
Prospectus last season had him as Key Forward. So you can see it go updated all at end of last season.
I used it recently to help update my own lists for games I play. The draftees I simply used a source like newspaper around draft time and Inside Footy magazine to fit with what each of those should probably be to start with.

If you are waiting on Prospectus it could almost be three weeks until you get your hands on it.

I already play fantasy footy games with key positions in it.
It seems you guys are waiting on Prospectus coming out to update positions in your own game. Why wait when no real need ?
I would suggest you open your mind to another way to update your lists from a source you probably not aware of.
To be honest it is basically close enough to the same as Prospectus categories of Gen Fwd, Gen Def, Key Fwd, Key Def, Ruck, Mid and Mid Fwd.
Prospectus has 7 categories. Well AFL Player ratings system has 7 also on the web at
http://www.afl.com.au/stats/player-ratings/overall-standings
The only difference is they call the categories of Gen Fwd and Gen Def as Small/Medium Forward and Small/Medium Defender.

You can sort players by clubs and category type to suit your needs.
The one thing it has not updated is the new draftees or where players got traded over recent months.
But you will find the most important updates already done such as Sam Rowe categorized as Key Defender.
Prospectus last season had him as Key Forward. So you can see it go updated all at end of last season.
I used it recently to help update my own lists for games I play. The draftees I simply used a source like newspaper around draft time and Inside Footy magazine to fit with what each of those should probably be to start with.

If you are waiting on Prospectus it could almost be three weeks until you get your hands on it.
Thanks for your suggestion footyfan.

It is a little bit of a pain to wait for the Prospectus to define key and non-key position players, but using common sense can generally answer that question and waiting a few weeks isn't too bad. Plus the link you posted isn't consistent with SuperCoach/Champion Data positioning. For example, it lists Jimmy Bartel as mid-only when we know he'll be forward-only next season.

You mentioned you're already part of some trade games that use KPP's, would you be interested in joining another?

rocklovelive , I would love to take the team (provided I can rename them). I am only in 1 league on here, the BFFL where I took a club from outside the finals in 2013 to premiers this year. I've been in a couple of leagues for years outside of Bigfooty as well. I've had a scope of the forums including the Essendon team thread.

rocklovelive , I would love to take the team (provided I can rename them). I am only in 1 league on here, the BFFL where I took a club from outside the finals in 2013 to premiers this year. I've been in a couple of leagues for years outside of Bigfooty as well. I've had a scope of the forums including the Essendon team thread.
Hey swansfan,
We don't rename the teams in AFFL, they stay true to the real life AFL. It sounds like you did a really good job in the BFFL so if you wanted to apply you'd definitely be considered. The first step for that would be signing up then posting in the coaching applications thread.
I hope to see you on AFFL soon :)

AFFL once again has an opening, due to a long term coach deciding to take a back seat.

http://s8.zetaboards.com/AFFL/index/

AFFL truly is the holy grail of trade games, implementing a dynasty style of management that has been going since early 2007. We have 15+ active coaches every day, and trade discussions are constantly flowing. And with the national draft coming up, there is no better time come and check out what AFFL is all about.

Be warned though, this is a serious commitment. The coaches on the site are the best of the best, so AFL knowledge is essential. The game is scored using supercoach points, so a knowledge of the scoring system is a must.

Do not miss your chance of joining THE BEST trade/management game going around. Openings are like hens teeth, so get in while you can!

Bump

maxresdefault.jpg

Its come to that time of the year again where we are looking for new coaches to join in the fun that is the AFFL.

If you love your fantasy football and want the challenge of building your ultimate side through savy recruiting and creative trading then this is the comp for you.

If your interested please send me a PM and or pop on over to the site http://s8.zetaboards.com/AFFL/index/ and take a look.

Cheers

Wacky

Bump

maxresdefault.jpg

Its come to that time of the year again where we are looking for new coaches to join in the fun that is the AFFL.

If you love your fantasy football and want the challenge of building your ultimate side through savy recruiting and creative trading then this is the comp for you.

If your interested please send me a PM and or pop on over to the site http://s8.zetaboards.com/AFFL/index/ and take a look.

Cheers

Wacky

Out of curiosity what team(s)are up for grabs?

And how does the actual match day experience work? Is it like SuperCoach ect where you have a specific page or is it more like the SFA which is more manual?

Out of curiosity what team(s)are up for grabs?

And how does the actual match day experience work? Is it like SuperCoach ect where you have a specific page or is it more like the SFA which is more manual?
Thanks for the PM :rolleyes:

Hang on don't call me, ill call you ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BUMP

Hi Guys and Gals. Seems to be around this time of the year where we are looking for new coaches to join the fold. We currently have 1 and possibly 2 coaching positions vacant and are on the lookout for anyone that might be interested.

As stated above in the OP this competition has been going since 2007 and still to this day is as strong as ever. Weve had to move over to a new site which supports tapatalk so for those of you that use tapa on your smart devices its easy to move from bigfooty to affl.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/affl/

If anyone here is interested and would like to know more please dont hesitate in contacting me via PM.

Cheers

Wacky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back