Religion Australian Muslims leaving to fight in the Middle East

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can it be cold blood if these animals have sworn to commit terror on our society?
They say "others started it first"

You say "others started it first"

Civilians are dying - who are the terrorists?

So... its not hatred against individual jews, its hatred against all of them?
So Israel is all Jews, and all Jews live in Israel according to the far right.

I know some of our more extreme right wing posters struggle a little sometimes, but then there's jumping the shark altogether.

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
So Israel is all Jews, and all Jews live in Israel according to the far right.

I know some of our more extreme right wing posters struggle a little sometimes, but then there's jumping the shark altogether.

So in the minds of those from the left, its ok to hate Jews as long as they are from the democratic state of Israel....but racist and bigotted to speak out against the religion of Islam. And while Jews are being tormented and made to look like the bad guys in all this, the caliphate is slowly growing in momentum as Islamic extremism spreads yet most of the media ignores it. Meanwhile ‘the pseudo intellectual left’ would you have you believe that Islam is in fact a Religion of Peace and cultural diversity will be good thing for us providing that diversity doesn’t include Jews. After all its only a tiny minority of muslims who are radical and its only the ignorant and uneducated who think otherwise.

Last edited:

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
You have omitted the, "both religions are as hateful as each other" option.

Israel is killing, and should be condemned for that. But Hamas’ despicable deeds should be universally reviled around the world. Its actions should also be seen in the context of Iraq and Syria. Without those deeds, many Palestinians and middle east christians would be alive today. And peace might just have had a chance. Now, it does not.

slicedndiced

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2014
still sinking
AFL Club
Fremantle
So in the minds of those from the left, its ok to hate Jews as long as they are from the democratic state of Israel....but racist and bigotted to speak out against the religion of Islam. And while Jews are being tormented and made to look like the bad guys in all this, the caliphate is slowly growing in momentum as Islamic extremism spreads yet most of the media ignores it. Meanwhile ‘the pseudo intellectual left’ would you have you believe that Islam is in fact a Religion of Peace and cultural diversity will be good thing for us providing that diversity doesn’t include Jews. After all its only a tiny minority of muslims who are radical and its only the ignorant and uneducated who think otherwise .

Good grief.

What a twisted mind you have.

So in the minds of those from the left, its ok to hate Jews as long as they are from the democratic state of Israel....but racist and bigotted to speak out against the religion of Islam.
No.
As you seem to struggle, I'll try and explain it.

Killing of innocent civilians is wrong.
Israel's foreign policy towards Palestine leads to the deaths of innocent women and children.
Therefore, many people who you would identify as "left" have issues with Israel's policy towards Palestine.

You seem to imply, by your constant misunderstanding of others' posts, that any criticism of Israel is somehow anti-semetic. This is incorrect and anyone with at least a little intellectual depth would not make this error.

I'm not sure how much clearer anyone can be without getting out some butchers paper and crayons.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So in the minds of those from the left, its ok to hate Jews as long as they are from the democratic state of Israel....but racist and bigotted to speak out against the religion of Islam. And while Jews are being tormented and made to look like the bad guys in all this, the caliphate is slowly growing in momentum as Islamic extremism spreads yet most of the media ignores it. Meanwhile ‘the pseudo intellectual left’ would you have you believe that Islam is in fact a Religion of Peace and cultural diversity will be good thing for us providing that diversity doesn’t include Jews. After all its only a tiny minority of muslims who are radical and its only the ignorant and uneducated who think otherwise.
Poe's law?

Criticising American foreign policy isn't racist, neither is criticising Islamic extremism. Assuming that because some muslims are terrorists that all muslims are terrorists is.

The only way criticising Israel's high civilian casualties would be 'Jew-hating' is if murdering civilians was central to the Jewish identity.

Just because some can only think in black and white, where Islamic extremists are representative of Islam as a whole, does not mean everyone ascribes to the same view and assumes that because Israel is killing civilians that all Jews are terrorists (or even all Israelis).

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...l_dream_of_israel_has_become_a_nightmare.html

Do you consider the author of the above article to be anti-Semitic?

RisingPhoenix

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2010
Great Southern
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NAFC, SDFC, MUFC.
They say "others started it first"

You say "others started it first"

Civilians are dying - who are the terrorists?

Excuse me?

Don't take a quote I have made on one issue (Islamic militants returning to Australia with aim of committing terror attacks) and attach it to another.

I detest Israel.

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin
Israel is killing, and should be condemned for that. But Hamas’ despicable deeds should be universally reviled around the world. Its actions should also be seen in the context of Iraq and Syria. Without those deeds, many Palestinians and middle east christians would be alive today. And peace might just have had a chance. Now, it does not.
You do realise Hamas has nothing to do with Iraq, Syria, ISIS, Christians and the assassination of JFK, don't you?
What do you think Hamas is, some sort of all powerful Jihadi supergroup? It's a political organisation with a military wing.
Islamic Jihad= extremist group in Gaza.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
I would have thought it more productive to look at what is happening in Syria, Iraq, and just about everywhere else in the region, in light of what has happened in Palestine over the past 100-odd years.

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
I would have thought it more productive to look at what is happening in Syria, Iraq, and just about everywhere else in the region, in light of what has happened in Palestine over the past 100-odd years.

Or the whole middle east, in light of what has happened there in the last 600 years...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn

The Turks get a free pass for occupying Constantinople. Why is it so?

Stewies Power

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aus Cricket Team & F1 Ricciardo
Good to see the government tightening our anti-terrorism laws.

"The first duty of government is to keep our community safe," he said.

The new laws to be brought to the parliament in the spring sittings will:

* broaden the listing criteria for terrorist organisations to ensure advocacy of terrorist acts includes the promotion and encouragement of terrorism

* make it easier to arrest terrorists by lowering the threshold for arrest without warrant for terrorism offences

* extend the Australian security Intelligence Organisation's (ASIO) questioning and detention powers beyond July 2016 when they were scheduled to expire

* extend Australian Federal Police (AFP) stop, search and seizure powers in relation to terrorist acts and offences beyond December 2015

* make it easier to prosecute foreign fighters

* make it an offence to participate in terrorist training

* enable ASIO to request the suspension of an Australian passport or foreign passport for a dual national.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...014296143?nk=58b76e1d9985ba5fe9c687eb4f76fe80

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

Seriously. Youre like a bad caricature of Bolt. Just more a little more bigotted and ignorant.

You basically parrot the exact same hyperholic bigoted paragraph over and over again.

Blah blah 'leftists' blah blah 'global islamic conspiracy' blah blah 'culture' blah blah 'muslims' blah blah outrage.

Chill out brother.

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
Blah blah 'leftists' blah blah 'global islamic conspiracy' blah blah 'culture' blah blah 'muslims' blah blah outrage

Whats with you lefties and your inability to engage in debate withour resorting to personal abuse? I think it essentially boils down to the fact that the policies of the left are indefensible in rational debate, therefore you simply seek to vilify and marginalise their opposition to "drown out" the issue.

Anyhoo speaking of global conspiracy. Just yesterday the Indonesian institute were on the radio saying that the mastermind of the Bali bombings (Abu Baka Bashir) is in regular contact with the the ISIS in Iraq, he's mobilising young dissaffected muslims to the cause as we speak (from his "jail" cell mind you). The Institute were calling on more funds and cooperation with Indonesian intelligence services, due to the obvious risk. This is a global phenomenum.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Whats with you lefties and your inability to engage in debate withour resorting to personal abuse? I think it essentially boils down to the fact that the policies of the left are indefensible in rational debate, therefore you simply seek to vilify and marginalise their opposition to "drown out" the issue.

Anyhoo speaking of global conspiracy. Just yesterday the Indonesian institute were on the radio saying that the mastermind of the Bali bombings (Abu Baka Bashir) is in regular contact with the the ISIS in Iraq, he's mobilising young dissaffected muslims to the cause as we speak (from his "jail" cell mind you). The Institute were calling on more funds and cooperation with Indonesian intelligence services, due to the obvious risk. This is a global phenomenum.

Soooo...

Blah blah 'leftists' blah blah 'global islamic conspiracy' blah blah 'culture' blah blah 'muslims' blah blah outrage

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
Soooo...

You are like a 4 year old having a tantrum. Fingers in ears, eyes shut... red in the face screaming - not listening!...not listening!!

Lalalalalalalalalalala NOT LISTENING!!!

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Lol you are a 4 year old - fingers in ears, eyes shut screaming not listening! not listening!! Lalalalalalalalalalala NOT LISTENING!!!

No, you just jibber the same s**t every time. It kind of becomes monotonous.

Some comment about 'leftists' and 'muslim domination' followed by some provocative statement suggesting we implement some kind of fascist extreme laws to persecute an enthnic minority, kill them or deport them.

Does absolutely nothing for your cause, and just makes you as bad as the Islamic fundies in my book.

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
Does absolutely nothing for your cause, and just makes you as bad as the Islamic fundies in my book.

You have totalitarian tendencies Mal, so of course I rub you up the wrong way. Not only do you point blank refuse to acknowledge or even respond to the growing mountain of evidence pointing to a rise in fundamentalism, it angers you to be reminded of it, to the extent of continually getting all nasty about it whenever its presented? I'd also hazard a bet that it hasn't registered with you, that Australians would be mostly horrified by your portrail of serving Australian soldiers as no better than the muslims going off to participate in the ethnic cleansing going on in Iraq.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Well you have totalitarian tendencies Mal, so of course I rub you up the wrong way.

If you call supporing liberal capitalism, human rights and increased understanding and tolerance 'totilarian tendencies', then color me Marxist.

Do you realise, not only do you point blank refuse to acknowledge or even respond to the growing mountain of evidence pointing to a rise in fundamentalism you do so to the extent of getting all nasty about it whenever its presented?

Just so we are totally clear I not only acknolwdge the rise in Islamic fundamentalism, I denounce it.

Get it yet mate? I oppose Islamic fundamentalism. However I also oppose far Right wing fascist fundamentists like you.

I bet it doesn't even register with you, that Australians would be generally horrified by you portrail of serving Australian soldiers as no better than the muslims going off to participate in the ethnic cleaning going on in Iraq?

No it registers. I just dont give a *.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back