Australian Open 2014 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying the contrast of styles, inexperience showing from Muguruza though but to be expected. Not consistent enough yet to hit through Radwanska point after point after point.

Oh no oh oh no another new low...Sam Smith and Todd Woodbridge forced to have awkward small talk about the tv show "home and away"

Mugurza is a fantastic prospect. The main reason why she'll lose this match is that she has played so many matches in the last couple of weeks, including doubles at the AO on those 40+ degree days. And Radwanska is the perfect player to exploit that.

Mugurza is a fantastic prospect. The main reason why she'll lose this match is that she has played so many matches in the last couple of weeks, including doubles at the AO on those 40+ degree days. And Radwanska is the perfect player to exploit that.
More so the fact that playing radwanska is like hitting a ball against the wall.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Muguruza plays like she doesn't seem to realise how powerful her groundstrokes can be, and so she hits a ridiculous amount of them long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you feel the racket slipping in your hands from sweat - you blow on your hands, especially when the clothes youre wearing are already saturated with sweat.

Ah ok, didn't consider that. Although it often looks like they blow on the outside of their knuckles?

Radwanska is one of my favourite players to watch... it is a credit to her that she has no real weapons, a pitiful second serve and still gets so deep in tournaments. Her intelligence and creativity is second to none. And she's hot.

Radwanska would if been a fantastic player In the 70's and 80's. She so reminds of how Chris evert use to play. Chris like Aga read the play so well would make her opponent play so many ball and could pull the trigger if she had too.

IMO Agnieska would be the only female player on tour that if you gave her a wooden racquet she would have no problem in hitting the ball.

I would love to see Aga win the Aus open but gee that second serve is a worry when she only hits it 110km on hour. If I was her couch I would be improving on that shot. That's the difference between making quarter finals in grand slams to winning them. vikka will eat those second serves for breakfast

I would love to see Aga win the Aus open but gee that second serve is a worry when she only hits it 110km on hour. If I was her couch I would be improving on that shot. That's the difference between making quarter finals in grand slams to winning them. vikka will eat those second serves for breakfast

She probably can't right now, she is talking taking 2 months off to fix it after this Open. She needs surgery on it, has flared up again in Sydney. Actually think her placement is very good...however she won't beat Vika anyway. Vika is just better at what Aga does with a slightly better serve.

She probably can't right now, she is talking taking 2 months off to fix it after this Open. She needs surgery on it, has flared up again in Sydney. Actually think her placement is very good...however she won't beat Vika anyway. Vika is just better at what Aga does with a slightly better serve.

But if she improves on that second serve she has a chance against Vika!

But if she improves on that second serve she has a chance against Vika!

She doesn't have a chance anyway. There is a reason Vika holds a 9-2 record against Aga. She is just better at what Aga does and unlike brainless ball bashers she won't try and overhit to beat Aga.

The whinge posts dominate this thread because this is a world class sport that is awesome but is treated with amateurish contempt by ch7 due to incompetence such as
*not in High Definition
*lame cross promotions
*Fango
*delayed matches
*the most cringeworthy on court interviews
*Redfool
*no multi court/multi channel view option
*Sam Groth ad
*Stegglers ad
*repetitive Andre Agassi moments
*Basil ****king Zemplis
*Luke "sacked after two days" Darcy
*Bruce "me know nothing me just say stupid things and make up stats" McAvaney
*Henri "past use by date" Leconte
* Johanna "even I don't know why I am here" Griggs
*Matt "don't blame me it's in my contract that I have to be involved with this mess" White
*Hamish- words can't describe it.

Positives:
*Todd Woodbridge, Sam Smith, Jim Wilson and Rachael Finch
*Foxtel
*Tennis players still great at their craft
Only the standard definition and the post game interviews annoy me, the rest is just meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back