Australian Open 2014 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

standby for the awkward of most awkward interviews Jo Griggs one on one with Li Na. hopefully Sam Smith can stay and ask the questions!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Sam Smith sticks around for the interview

So does that mean Basil will interview the men's AO winner lol

With any luck if the match is a 5 setter and goes past midnight the odds of channel 7 extending the coverage to interview the men's winner is very slim.

Rafa should do us a favour and make it a long one

being branded as the grand slam of the asia pacific doesnt cause sleep loss for me.

if anything its a good thing. we are the centre of the asian pacific tennis world. we represent the country and region. economically it is beneficial.

It is the Australian Open and is one of 4 tournaments that make up the Grand Slam, it has nothing to do with the Asia Pacific region per se. You do realise there is talk of it eventually leaving Australia and being playing in China or somewhere else in the Asia Pacific region? Once we lose ownership of it we have no control over it. In my mind it can never leave Australia because it's the Australian Open. Re-brand it 'The Grand Slam of the Asia-Pacific' and you make yourself vulnerable. I don't see the US Open calling itself 'the grand Slam of the Americas', and what does that make the French Open and Wimbledon? Is there any talk of any of those other three Grand Slams representing a region? Whole thing is bollocks! :mad:

It is the Australian Open and is one of 4 tournaments that make up the Grand Slam, it has nothing to do with the Asia Pacific region per se. You do realise there is talk of it eventually leaving Australia and being playing in China or somewhere else in the Asia Pacific region? Once we lose ownership of it we have no control over it. In my mind it can never leave Australia because it's the Australian Open. Re-brand it 'The Grand Slam of the Asia-Pacific' and you make yourself vulnerable. I don't see the US Open calling itself 'the grand Slam of the Americas', and what does that make the French Open and Wimbledon? Is there any talk of any of those other three Grand Slams representing a region? Whole thing is bollocks! :mad:

The AO has had to cement its position through an upgrade of facilities and an increase in prize money. This has been partly funded through Asian and more specifically, Chinese money.

Asian/Chinese tourism money is huge for this country and many Chinese people attend the AO. It is a smart idea.

The AO ain't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back